350z and astra VXR

MadGrip

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those vxr are fast, its a turbo init however like most have said they dont handle at all!

the zed is a cracking GT cruiser but to fair is not a straight line bullet, its a shame their are so heavy.

but they make up for that on handling! for sure :)

i had a play with the new megan turbo think its rb26 or sumit on a motor way and could not match its acceleration. was only around 1/1.5 car lenghts behind tho so not that bad.

Really?? Either my car is a bit strangely quick for what it is or yours is underpowered.. You should have easily pulled on the megane.. My old 190BHP EK9 type R with 1.8, weighing 1000KG could out accelerate that car slightly... They are not that fast, only have 226BHP i believe... Motorway you should have definitely pulled easily..

My hero.

Why the sarcasm dude? Im just stating my experiences with these cars and what should have happened under normal circumstances.

Haha i hope that i dont come under that comment of the few that think their 350 is invincible.. I can say ive lost a good few races/drags. Im not a newbie i just dont use forums as much anymore.. My other car would wipe the floor with my Z, I only say what i know, and have proved. Its all a bit of fun and banter.

I actually bought the Z expecting it to be slower, i was pleasently surpried, and after a few good mods, it can hold its own for sure..

Ive not posted much on this forum but i can see a fair amount of sarcasm and patronizing floating about...

Take it easy guys :)

Why the sarcasm?

Have a read around the forum..... How many 'My cars fastest' 'My c*cks biggest' 'My Dads hardest' posts do you see on here?

There is a reason that these threads aren't created. It's because generally the membership of this forum is not interested in reading about racing on the street as it's the ultimate form of automotive chav and 95% bull anyway.

From a club standpoint it's illegal to break the speed limits and racing on public roads is extremely dangerous. Now I'm not saying you can't go and enjoy the car as you most definitely should. Trackdays are wonderful if you want to explore the limits of your driving ability or a go along to a club meet, driving sensibly with like minded people and enjoying a chat about cars and everything else is a great way to spend a summer evening.

You will also find that this club forum self moderates to a large degree as the majority are looking to have a laugh and threads like this one give the opportunity.

So in summary, Chavs get flamed on here. VXR Astras are quick but suffer from torque steer. 350Z are heavy but comfy. The chicks dig Zeds more than Chavstras.

Illegal street racing is for people that use Dom Torreto for 'self pleasure' material and quite possibly lasting 10 seconds or less.

Flaming people that think racing a 1988 Nova SR and beating it is cool? Sure you can. Go for it. Just remember not to make anyone cry.

Posting up 'ossum rase with a clio bruv innit. i beet it eesy' is still not acceptable round here in my opinion. It won't be removed but if you cry you'll get laughed at by me. I however can't say if the other mods would be more or less sympathetic.....

On a serious note though, driver safety is paramount and taken seriously by the team.

Why the sarcasm?

Have a read around the forum..... How many 'My cars fastest' 'My c*cks biggest' 'My Dads hardest' posts do you see on here?

There is a reason that these threads aren't created. It's because generally the membership of this forum is not interested in reading about racing on the street as it's the ultimate form of automotive chav and 95% bull anyway.

From a club standpoint it's illegal to break the speed limits and racing on public roads is extremely dangerous. Now I'm not saying you can't go and enjoy the car as you most definitely should. Trackdays are wonderful if you want to explore the limits of your driving ability or a go along to a club meet, driving sensibly with like minded people and enjoying a chat about cars and everything else is a great way to spend a summer evening.

You will also find that this club forum self moderates to a large degree as the majority are looking to have a laugh and threads like this one give the opportunity.

So in summary, Chavs get flamed on here. VXR Astras are quick but suffer from torque steer. 350Z are heavy but comfy. The chicks dig Zeds more than Chavstras.

Illegal street racing is for people that use Dom Torreto for 'self pleasure' material and quite possibly lasting 10 seconds or less.

Well,

I havent actually stated that i have been street racing anywhere in my posts, even if it may be pretty obvious thats what im talking about, i havent actually said it so for all anyone knows i could be talking about a drag strip/circuit racing etc... The word drag doesnt mean street or public road where there are other cars.

I am an enthusiast not a chav, and if you were to ever be in my company you would realize this very very quickly. Ive been into cars for years and years and have done a good few track days and dragging up the strip etc including the nurburging. I take my cars very seriously and its a passion for me.

I know forums in general don't tolerate street racing and are far from impressed by bragging idiots especially by ones that have joined the forums, but i feel im not bragging but making a point as thats the person i am.. I would also be happy to share my losses etc. I just love the debate and getting involved.

Unfortunately going onto a new forum can be difficult as you have to tread on thin ice otherwise you may be tarred with the wrong brush. Judged etc..

I dont think there is anything wrong with making a point of which car is faster, and i believe i chose my words carefully and just focused on the point which was what car was quicker, not mentioning street racing as such. Dragging etc could easily be a private industrial estate etc which i know a few of. So before people start insinuating, they really need to get the facts. Its only fair right?

These are a few reasons why i dont use the forums as much as i used to years ago, as i feel there is alot of justifying that is needed and effort required... Making a point can be a real struggle and frustrating.

I love a bit of banter, but there is some sarcasm from people you havent ever met or your not familiar with that is below the belt and isnt taken light hearted.. "my hero", thats rude in my opinion, especially from someone your not familiar with.

Anyway, i know now to keep a little quiet and to be cautious.

Private industrial estates are still counted as public access, so any speeding or dangerous driving can and will attract the local Plod. Not passing judgement, just trying to help you out.

There are exceptions of course, but you'd need to have some very secure access barriers to make it any different, MoD is a good example.

129094032147584618.jpg

Or if you are a dog person

im-sorry-0056-hurt-feelings.jpg

No need to keep quiet but many people have come on here posting races and my personal favourite was a 'kill list' and each and everyone has ended the same way. With the OP crying into his copy of Fast and Furious.

You are more than welcome to post information, we are mostly car nuts. I for one would be interested in seeing pics of the starlet you mentioned earlier. 'Banter' is also very welcome. :)

I will however continue to post sarcastic remarks when people post up about what they have raced. :)

OP: take your mate to the drag strip and see what happens... (take out the spare wheel and if you got the electric seats replace with a race seat first :lol:

Or book yourself into a trackday and swap cars and make a full report back here, for anyone that care :snack:

don't worry 350zdan.

our in house dom toretto is Neilp; he's watch fast and furious series so many times he quotes form it all the time that he actually believes he is Dom. We don't like to tell him otherwise as his apparently really big. you'll realise this as he will tell you in most posts.

and as nei...i mean dom will tell you, its not how you stand by your car its how you race it that counts ;)

don't worry 350zdan.

our in house dom toretto is Neilp; he's watch fast and furious series so many times he quotes form it all the time that he actually believes he is Dom. We don't like to tell him otherwise as his apparently really big. you'll realise this as he will tell you in most posts.

and as nei...i mean dom will tell you, its not how you stand by your car its how you race it that counts ;)

Hahaha you better believe it :lol::thumbs:

Haha okie dokes guys... I'll stop ducking my dummy now :dummy: lol

Stew the car is in process of being reincarnated , i'll show so a couple of pictures of how it stands in another thread..

Sarcasm is cool, i for one have a very sarcastic annoying side so crack on! Big hug?