Dyno Results are in!

Sam Mcgoo

Got an e-mail from Mark @ Abbey Uprev is finished and results are;

382.8 bhp @ Hubs ~ 418bhp @ flywheel

322 Ilbft

@ 8.56 psi boost

:yahoo:

He hasn't road tested it yet but says it's a good safe/drivable map.

CU54OELDynosheetsx30001.jpg

CU54OELDynosheetsx30002.jpg

Obviously how it drives is more important than the numbers. Picking it up Friday so will know more then. :drive1

A nice bhp figures like you say although that torque appears a bit lean? With the NOS running 75 shot I'm achieving 300 at the hubs, but then NOS is good for torque and not so great for bhp.

I'd swap for the sound of the SC that's for sure!!

Nice ATW bhp figure even if the torque looks a little low (for a Vortech SC).

Would be interested to hear how it drives on the road now - a nicely sorted Vortech Zed is a massively fun and reliable car to drive - its a pity Nissan never brought out that SC model they developed.

Nice ATW bhp figure even if the torque looks a little low (for a Vortech SC).

Guys remember our dyno records Hub torque then divides that by the overall final drive ratio so giving a flywheel

torque.

So the torque figure doesnt take into consideration power/torque loss and I dont like dyno's that use a % power loss to

estimated Flywheel/Torque.

The car drives and goes real well.

Mark

but why are the AFR's all over the place like that?

do they are you thinking they should look like AFR from a dyno dynamic dyno plot? the dips are only around 0.1/0.2 AFR changes, our dyno auto plot axis's so makes the graph look a lot more un smooth. AFR's are spot on I feel, I have no worries with the map.

The thin red line is how the cars was before now that is erractic.

I dont know Superchargers or owt, but Id expect them to start around 13 and finish around 13 ........ those start at 14.5 and drop to 12, and they do move about a bit inbetween - from 4200 to 4700 theres a drop of nearly 1.5 :)

Not suggesting its a problem or anything, just different from what Ive seen before and I wondered what might be causing it :)

but Id expect them to start around 13 and finish around 13 ...

If you run these STOCK motor sat 13 to 1 at HIGH speed your get detonation problems.

Remember we are boosting a high compression N/A motor.

running 13 to 1 at low RPM will cause the car to feel sluggish there is no real load on the motor at low RPM so no need to run around 13 to 1 AFR.

I thought you meant erractic number during the run not a difference from the start to the end of the dyno pull.

Not suggesting its a problem or anything, just different from what Ive seen before and I wondered what might be causing it :)

every car is different and most dyno operators map a little different. I have mapped a few S/C 350Z's all with good results

I thought you meant erractic number during the run not a difference from the start to the end of the dyno pull.

Both actually. ;)

So you are saying that you deliberately move the stoich ratio about because of the VQ's characteristics? If it was an LS or an SR running a charger you'd map it differently then?? :)

I know very little about mapping and only really have experience with CA/SR's but Ive always looked for a nice flat line around the 13 mark, I find this very interesting :thumbs:

I know very little about mapping and only really have experience with CA/SR's but Ive always looked for a nice flat line around the 13 mark, I find this very interesting :thumbs:

I disagree with this, motors doesn't need to be 13 to 1 AFR at low rpm/boost levels. Running a turbo car at 13 to 1 at high rpm isn't a good idea needs to be in the low 12's/high 11@s AFR to last espec if you run high top speeds.

Even a N/A 350Z will be in the 11's AFR at high rpm.

All car need to get richer going up the rpm.

Yes if the car is different cams/compression/S/C_Turbo size it all makes a diffrence to the require AFR.

If you play with the axis number on the AFR map I can make it look super smooth if I like. But how many times do you drive a car from 1500rpm to 6500rpm on full throttle? dyno plots are just for reference.

But how many times do you drive a car from 1500rpm to 6500rpm on full throttle?

:yahoo::drive1

Erm..... like all the time - especially through tunnels!! ;)

I'm only kidding by the way...... :ninja:

Mines lucky to go north of 3k RPM atm with my commuting on the M4 :lol:

Must admit I dont know an aweful lot about this kind of thing other than a car is meant to run richer as it revs and that turbo/SC tend to run richer too - I always heard it was to keep temps down to help keep det at bay. Oh and that 350z/370z run very rich as stock and for a reason know one quite knows :wacko:

I disagree with this, motors doesn't need to be 13 to 1 AFR at low rpm/boost levels. Running a turbo car at 13 to 1 at high rpm isn't a good idea needs to be in the low 12's/high 11@s AFR to last espec if you run high top speeds.

Even a N/A 350Z will be in the 11's AFR at high rpm.

All car need to get richer going up the rpm.

Yes if the car is different cams/compression/S/C_Turbo size it all makes a diffrence to the require AFR.

If you play with the axis number on the AFR map I can make it look super smooth if I like. But how many times do you drive a car from 1500rpm to 6500rpm on full throttle? dyno plots are just for reference.

Hey, Im not arguing with you, you do it for a living, I dont. :thumbs:

I can see that a turbo car needs to run richer at high revs, didnt realise it was necessary with NA though. I just find it interesting that you have deliberately mapped to change the AFR's a fair amount as the revs go up, Ive not see that much variance before :)

The bold AFR trace looks pretty much as i would expect for a supercharged engine, pretty linear, just like the way the boost builds, don't know about the faint trace though, looks a little lumpy :)

If it was turbocharged i would expect the trace to look rather different.