Hi Guys, noob and soon to be a Z owner!

Hello Guys/Girls

My name is Stuart and I live in Croydon in Surrey/South London and I am soon to be a Z owner!

I have been dreaming of owning a Z350, and since the Roadster came out I wanted one even more. Well now finally after 10 years and finally getting enough money together I can now finally start looking to buy one!

Was always a keen Ford Enthusiast for many year, however I have since become a bit disillusioned with them seeing as the "Sporty" ford has been a bit lacking in the last few years, the fact the RS is still not available in RWD of 4WD like the cossies of old. Then throw in my friends also getting themselves Japanese sports cars I have slowly started turning!

Well here we are, I have some money in the bank to put down as a deposit with some to keep aside, I could buy outright, however I don't really really want to blow all my savings on the car.

So now I am looking, scouring the net, auto trader and club sites looking for that perfect Z350 roadster to buy.

So what I would like to know, what should I look out for, what sort of price would be reasonable, things I should take into consideration when I am buying one.

All help welcome, and I hope to become a regular face on this site in the future. :teeth:

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

There is a sticky post for new members in the FAQ section with some good links.

The cars are pretty good apart from the few known issues. There is also a post about 100,000 miles of ownership which fives some good info.

Anything else then just ask. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Right have been scouring the tinterweb and I think I may have found the one similar to what I am lookin for, if this one is still around in the next month or so... we will see, but hopefully it will be.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

What do you guys think? Anything missing from the specs? Want to try and get one that was a fully loaded as possible.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Right have been scouring the tinterweb and I think I may have found the one similar to what I am lookin for, if this one is still around in the next month or so... we will see, but hopefully it will be.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

What do you guys think? Anything missing from the specs? Want to try and get one that was a fully loaded as possible.

Welcome :wave: . That's a nice looking roadster :thumbs: . However, although it has Electric/Leather seats, part of The GT pack, it only has 3 buttons on the steering wheel but the GT has 6 :shrug: . The 55 reg GT should also have Rays, I thought they were standard as part of The GT package from 2005 onwards, could be wrong about that though.

Pete

Once you've got over the ear to ear grin from the engine noise, the classic Z specific things worth looking for on a test drive are:

Bose CD skipping, tends to be when cold

Worn syncromesh from enthusiastic gear changing

Rear wheel bearing clicking

Electric window regulator breaks (came across this in a lucky fashion when testing mine as I'd had the drivers window down and up again, but when I tried it a second time it didn't come back up to the top!)

Don't let it put you off though - mine is assuredly the best money I have every spent & summer is coming :D

Welcome :wave: . That's a nice looking roadster :thumbs: . However, although it has Electric/Leather seats, part of The GT pack, it only has 3 buttons on the steering wheel but the GT has 6 :shrug: . The 55 reg GT should also have Rays, I thought they were standard as part of The GT package from 2005 onwards, could be wrong about that though.

Pete

Thanks for the advice! 6 buttons eh? I'm going to have to look at the other GT's see if this is something missing, maybe they just put GT in the name?

Pete

Thanks for the advice! 6 buttons eh? I'm going to have to look at the other GT's see if this is something missing, maybe they just put GT in the name?

I may be wrong, but I think the UK GT Roadster came without the phone option and therefore had only three buttons on the steering wheel (on the right for cruise)

(PM Martinmac for confirmation)

Also Rays were a £1000 option on a '55 reg

I just bought a 2004 car, things I am paying out for now...

- CV Joint, clicky problem as mentioned before, rear axle clanks as the car pulls away or goes into reverse. Expect to pay £300ish from Alex on here for a replacement.

- Clutch has gone on mine at 44k miles, looking at £600 in replacement parts again from Alex.

Also as mentioned on the site, check for failed windows. For that money as well you should be looking at Rays Alloys (they are 6 spoke forged alloys - they look more curved than the ones on your link, much better than the 6 spoke on your link). Noticed that the link you supplied the guy had not put the mileage down?

Just make sure as well that there is a fully Nissan serviced stamped book, there are links on this site showing when and what services it should have had to date you can reference to.

Also, I would check the recommendations from the previous MoT, things like tyres or exhaust problems.