ZED - FEST 2011

Arkwright

zedfestSMALL.png

ZED – FEST 2011

Once again I am pleased to announce that the above event will be held at Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Lane, Calverton, Notts. NG14 6HP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 12, 13 & 14 August 2011. Please note that the date has been brought forward to avoid the clash with JAE.

For those of you who are new to Sherbrooke there are 22 acres of grassland plus a five acre wood.. There is one clean but basic toilet block with loos, wash basins and showers. There is a modern barn and social centre with outside patio area and picnic benches. Oil drum BBQ’s are freely available.

We will have a licensed bar and excellent catering on site. All main meals plus snacks will be available at reasonable cost between 8am and 10pm. We will hold an inter club sports competition with some “easy†motoring related sports.

(The Z Club AGM will be held during Saturday afternoon). Your cars will be on show for the whole event and judging will be held on Sunday lunchtime followed by prizegiving. Fancy dress on Saturday night is optional.

Background music for the entire event will be provided by our very own DJZ complete with lazer and smoke show. There will be dancing on Friday and Saturday nights and on Saturday live bands will be playing for us.

There will be an entry fee charged of £10 per person for the event. You can pay at the gate. Camping will be £2.50 per person per night. Caravans & mobile homes admitted at extra charge ( hook-ups available). Small children and pets free. Local hotels and B&B’s are available but you are requested to make your own arrangements.

TRADERS; All club traders are invited to attend. You can set up your own display, big or small for a donation of £20 for the whole event. Come and meet your customers in a friendly convivial atmosphere. It’s good to see the voice on the phone or the finger on the keyboard. If you don’t want to set up a display a gazebo and a banner will suffice just come along and show your customers who you are.

Free car booting for non traders to get rid of those useful parts you no longer need.

Once again I will need the help of volunteers to assist with the smooth running. It is always good to see new faces helping out.

There is still much to plan and new ideas are always welcome. Please mark these dates on your calendar, this will be a weekend to remember. Further information will be circulated as it becomes available.

Please note for the more adventurous of you. This year we will have access to the Climbing Wall. There will be an extra charge for this and qualified instructors will be available. Please let me know in advance if you want a go.

All enquiries to me, “Arkwright†email: shop@zclub.net

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm off on Holiday for the first two weeks of August, first week is taken up for a family holiday, Blyton Park track day on the 6th (provisional), so a small tour ending with ZED FEST, would round things off nicely B)

So I guess I'm in :thumbs:

I'm off on Holiday for the first two weeks of August, first week is taken up for a family holiday, Blyton Park track day on the 6th (provisional), so a small tour ending with ZED FEST, would round things off nicely B)

So I guess I'm in :thumbs:

Should be able to make this too so I will guess I will get that pint off you sooner rather than later :thumbs:

I will confirm if I will be trading after I see how Wales go's :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Martin, put me down for this (as usual, it will depend on the fixture list as to when I'll be a round, but I'll pop in at some point - hopefully in a better mood than last year, for which I still owe you some beers :thumbs: )

Blyton Park track day on the 6th (provisional)

The G Man - if you're going to the track day at Blyton let me know - I'm only ten minutes from there and can come along for moral support/mechanics etc. Also a spare bedroom if you need one :thumbs:

Nice one Neil, you dont have much luck with Zedfest.

1/ Arkwright

2/ Lexx

3/ Shire350z

4/ Ken

5/ haytonz

6/ Rothers2901

7/ Chesterfield +1

8/ The G Man

9/ Tarmac

10/ fakeindian

11/ Blackie

12/ garetgax