Ming ridden windows

Carla

Right thats it I give up..........how do you get windows clean.

Over the years I've tried all manner of sprays and what not but every time it come out looking like the windscreen of a sunshine bus!

Currently its RainX cleaner/protector applied with a paper towel then buffed (buffed = smeared around the window to leave an interesting pattern) off with a microfibre.

Discuss :snack:

Tried AutoGlym Glass Polish?

Or claybar?

Or Cillt Bang?

Various glass polishes, normal household glass cleaner, turtle wax glass cleaner, RainX Clean and Protect, glass wipes (worst pile of gash I've ever come across).

Never thought about a claybar though.

Meh.........and that would be me posting on the wrong log in! :doh:

:lol::lol: i was going to say, "get paul to do it" :p

Your having a giraffe aren't you - didn't you see my double hard snow foam lance pose she put on facebook........If I wasn't around the cars would just be a giant rolling block of mud

Do you clean the inside of the windscreen too?

Sorry mate I actually meant the inside of the screen - out side seems fine but I just streak the buggery out of the interior so they end up worse than when I started!

Megs Glass Polish/cleaner followed by IPA on the outside, then a very very small amount of Rain-X. Rain-X is a sod if you use too much and smears all over the place. You need to use a tiny amount and buff it off with a clean cloth after you fist buff it off.

IPA and clean cloths for the inside, you'll be amazed at how dirty they are inside!

Vinegar works well :wacko:

tends to leave a slight after-tang odour though :p

White vinegar smeared over single window at a time by a cloth then cleaned off using newspaper. Cheap and and effective inside and out and generally lasts for 2-3 months.

I also use rain-X on the front and rear screens to minimize wiper use ;)