Are you a tank empty or a tank full person?

Rubber

Tank empty or full?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Tank empty or full?

• Keep it empty
    • Keep it full
    • Just brim it when required

So are you one of the people who; keep the tank full, keep it empty or fill up completely each time and run it down?

Personally I don't do a lot of milage so I keep it on the last 1/4 normally unless I'm doing some motorway driving and I'll fill it to the brim.

Brim it, Drive it down to about 20 miles to empty, Repeat.

The way i see it, people who chuck the odd tenner in now and then spend half their time worrying about fuel and looking for the nearest petrol station. - that said, im the only person who drives my car. if i was sharing it i wouldnt leave a Gas guzzling coupe with 70 quids worth of fuel in for someone else to **** down the wall, no matter how close to me they were. :evil:

The downside is that often i just fill it up, pay on my card without realy looking at how much i'm paying, then wonder wheer all my money goes.

It's my daily driver so I normally fill it every week but buy the end of the week I have always still got a quarter of a tank left so never have to completely fill from empty .

I have never let any of my cars go below that since I had a bad experience with my first car a 206, it sucked the crap through from the tank and blocked my filter ( could of been alot worse ) so don't even chance it now .

As mine is my daily driver and I do 350+ miles just commuting, I brim it once a week. That way it gets me through a weeks worth of commuting without multiple trips to the petrol station. If I go anywhere special then its two trips in a week to the petrol station :surrender:

Started tracking it on Fuelly.com now and its quiet scary reading atm. Hoping a remap and warmer weather will aid in better MPG :lol:

As my Zeds not my daily driver I tend not to fill it and hence try keep good quality fuel in there (without it going off over time). Also quite weight conscious (don't ever carry a spare wheel) and would prefer not to haul around 80kgs of fuel.

My DD Murano on the other hand - fill her up and then wait till the light comes on.

Normally refill under 1/4 tank and before my dte hits Zero. Normally put no more than £50-60 in at at time, why carry around excess fuel all the time. I pop to the fuel station once a week and that suffices, unless there's a long trip planned.

Ok poll is on! Looks like most people just keep filling it to the brim. I can see why you would do this if you are doing a lot of miles - othersie you would be into the garage every day.

However, in the sake of saving some weight, I don;t see why everone else wouldn't keep it below half for that extra saving.

It's my daily driver so I normally fill it every week but buy the end of the week I have always still got a quarter of a tank left so never have to completely fill from empty .

I have never let any of my cars go below that since I had a bad experience with my first car a 206, it sucked the crap through from the tank and blocked my filter ( could of been alot worse ) so don't even chance it now .

I use my Zed daily too .. so I know exactly how much I'm going to use in the week ..

I fil it up every Monday ... it rarely gets to the DTE flashing point ...

A full tank of fuel is about 58kg (80 litres x 0.73) so it's like carrying a St Bernard with you :lol:. Saying that, I hate going to the petrol garage, the cheapest one is near work and only fill up after late shifts to save time in queues, so I fill up to the absolute maximum when I need to usually on my last day at work before a few days off.

There's been a few times now though I have wanted to doze off when filling up when running very low, damn the tank feels bottomless at times.