How much attention do you get?

marzman

So i've had my car now for 3 weeks on Saturday, and its been totally amazing... :D

I knew the car was gorgeous when i got it, but it seems everyone else thinks it is too... :blush:

With my last zed i got a little bit of attention but it's been crazy with the new one...!!

So in the last 3 weeks, i've had the following:

1. Two guys on a corner actually cheering at the car when i went past!

2. Left a shop and a guy was walking round it taking pictures

3. Went to Halford to get some cleaning stuff, and the guy asked me if it was my zed, and then came outside to talk to me for 15mins. He asked if i'd only just got it, as him and his mates had seen me round lately and they had all been talking about it!!

4. I was parked waiting to pickup the missus from work, and 2 guys on the other side of the road walked passed, crossed over, and came back... then talked to me for 5 mins about it

5. Came back to my car, and a guy was taking a picture of his young son next to it

6. Again parked, waiting for the missus, an old guy walked past looking, then came back a minute later and knocked on my window, then talked to me for 10mins! He was a retired copper, and 'once recovered a stolen 240Z' which he had to drive, and he said it was amazing...

...and they're just the really obvious ones... other than that pretty much everyone else has been staring and pointing etc... Its actually a little worrying that it draws so much attention!! :ohmy:

Anyway, i've not taken any propper pics of it yet (work/the weather), but here's a couple from the other day...

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

not surpised looking at those pics - looks a beauty :thumbs:

whenever i drive past the uni or town i always notice the japanese/chinese/oriental appearence students staring....they luv it lol

Ha ha, i've had that before... I feel like they're looking at me with a look of disdain on their face, that im profiting from their country's coolness!!

not surpised looking at those pics - looks a beauty :thumbs:

whenever i drive past the uni or town i always notice the japanese/chinese/oriental appearence students staring....they luv it lol

Ha ha, i've had that before... I feel like they're looking at me with a look of disdain on their face, that im profiting from their country's coolness!!

just had to google the definition of disdain :blush: ..........................and yeh i agree :lol:

I get alot of attention specially when I'm filling it up. I'm only 25 but look a fair few years younger lol also it's the 313 version so a lil different from the norm with the bonnet. Can't beat the feeling, makes me wanna fill up every time I drop below full lol

It's definitely because of the colour. Azure blue - when clean - is very striking. A little too striking for me, as I'm a reserved kind of chap and opted instead for the dulcet tones of Gunmetal Grey, which, although not quite as in-your-face, still gets heads turning.

Believe it or not, I actually prefer Azure blue, but went for GM instead because I live in a 'dodgy' area and didn't want to attract too much attention. Strange logic, which will be all the more ironic if some fu**er vandalises my Zed.

Almost none, had mine over 4 years and have never been approached while away from home and never seen anybody looking at it apart from a couple of primary school kids once :D . That's what you get when you have a Blade Silver. :lol:

Pete

Cool number plate first of all!!

Secondly, great looking Zed. The second picture looks so shiny it makes me think you may have had it professionally detailed? If not, then serious kudo's!

I own an Alfa GT at the moment, which is a really good looking car, but my personal theory is that if Alfa Romeo made the Zed then the motoring press would instantly start gushing over it's good looks. It's such an under rated car in that respect. But of course, if Alfa made the Zed then it would also be rubbish.

I get alot of attention specially when I'm filling it up. I'm only 25 but look a fair few years younger lol also it's the 313 version so a lil different from the norm with the bonnet. Can't beat the feeling, makes me wanna fill up every time I drop below full lol

haha so true when filling up mainly cause im there before over people start filling up and still there after they have paid and driven off :lol:

yer im only 22 alot of ppl give me/ the Z 2nd looks ! must think its my dads car or sumfin .. :dry:

and you cant beat the buldge on the bonnet i love it on mine :teeth:

All to do with the colour I'd say. If you take the car abroad you get noticed even more. I was travelling Europe last year, first instance was parking on the boat, must have been three cars with occupants all glancing and pointing. Funny thing is the kids, they were bashing dad for his attention to look at the car and felt embarrassed driving his Citroën Picasso.

Then parked in Chamonix to look round the Market and get breakfast. Come back to the car and a group of people are all looking through the car window and taking pictures.

Third time whilst away I was sat at some traffic lights in a remote village. High sided buildings were all around so the burble of the exhaust was reverberating. Two kids were walking towards me on the nearside pavement, they both stopped and started talking to each other. As the lights changed I drove away slowly then once I'd hit 3k I floored it and the sound in the village was mental, but the look on the kids faces as I drove off was a picture. Strange thing is, they were looking at the car as if it was the first car they had ever seen? 

What made me laugh the most out of the entire trip was my mate driving in his Civic Type R, he said to me in a very grumpy manner "why do they keep looking, it's as if they've never seen a 350z before" I chuckled and continued our trip with a firm smug expression for the rest of the week.

There have been loads of other occasions which why I think we ALL enjoy the car so much. High Road Tax, Expensive on Fuel, modifications burn a hole in your pocket. But to get that second glance or people talking to you about the car makes it all worth while.

Enjoy it whilst it lasts!!

Almost none, had mine over 4 years and have never been approached while away from home and never seen anybody looking at it apart from a couple of primary school kids once :D . That's what you get when you have a Blade Silver. :lol:

Pete

+1 stupid blade :dry:

You've got a stunning Zed, and it's a bright colour so will attract a lot of attention. You'll get used to it. ;)

Even now, 7 years on, the shiny one still attracts a lot comments still get lots of thumbs up from Porsche and other luxury car drivers. :thumbs:

Pete

+1 stupid blade :dry:

Its the same with gunmetal grey, knowone cares.

I have been very pleasantly surprised so far with the positive reactions I get to the car. For some reason that escapes me the car gets at least as many positive looks/comments as I did with a bright orange Caterham that I owned a few years ago. And my roadster is cosmetically competely standard (not even GT pack). :)

loads! it must be an azure thing ? people stop to stare a lot n reading lips "Look at that" "Nice car",etc. whilst down getting my wheels tyres fitted t'other day, The guy called his girfriend to come down to take some pics??

Cant wait to get my new stuff put on (3 wks till body shop can fit me in :thumbdown: )

It's a stunner to be fair. I get some nice compliments here and now but not tons. I think tasteful modification and bodykits capture the imagination of those that like / know their cars and those same people love to see an automobile thats properly looked after.

It's definitely because of the colour. Azure blue - when clean - is very striking. A little too striking for me, as I'm a reserved kind of chap and opted instead for the dulcet tones of Gunmetal Grey, which, although not quite as in-your-face, still gets heads turning.

Believe it or not, I actually prefer Azure blue, but went for GM instead because I live in a 'dodgy' area and didn't want to attract too much attention. Strange logic, which will be all the more ironic if some fu**er vandalises my Zed.

Oh Cesc, you're putting Crawley down yourself now mate. It's not that bad is it?

With regards to attention: I never used to get any but now I have a pop charger it seems get more attention. Only mod but it really does make a difference. I think my sister wants one now. "why is my one quieter?"

I shouldn't have told her