New Member - Awaiting Zed!

oedo

Afternoon gents (and ladies!)

Just signed up here, been lurking for a few weeks hoovering up the vast amounts of info in anticpation of my first 350.

I placed a deposit on a 54 plate gun metal GT last weekend. It's from a Nissan dealership so I've probably paid over the odds but I've no car at present so travelling around is difficult plus it was top spec, low miles (40k on a MY54 I think isn't too bad?), very local with 3 month warranty and appears to have a good service history which includes fixing of most of the common faults (drop links etc).

I've been driving diesel company cars for the past few years after a long line of warm/hot cars from the VW group, the highlight probably being a Mk1 Octavia vRS with a few tuning bits which I really loved, so can't wait to enjoy my first proper sports car.

I will admit that heart overtook head when I test drove the Zed. I was so impressed with how effortless it was to cruise about in, the torque range is fantastic and that noise.... what can you say!

I'm based in Aberdeen, would anyone here know of the car in question??).

What's frustrating now is waiting for the dealer to remove the previous owners private plate meaning I can't pick it up until late next week!!

I'm quite often down near the central belt and across to the west coast so hoping to make a couple of meets/hoons through the summer.

Cheers for now

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Well the plate transfer took ages as expected but then the dealer lost the V5 which was compounded by a host of other very poor service issues. This really put me off the car but after some "soul searching" (as a friend put it) I stuck with it and eventually the dealer came through (with a discount) and I collected the car Monday evening.

Not had time to get it onto decent roads yet but just loving the experience that every drive brings. That engine is a peach and the exhaust note is near perfection. I'm driving everywhere with the window down!

I'd post some pics but it's just a standard Grey GT and I'm sure you all know what they look like!!

Saw 2 other zeds in Aberdeen today, both of whom waved which I was dead chuffed at. Cheers if it was anyone on here!

My only slight niggle, and it is slight, is the volume of the parking sensors which is ear splitting. Does anyone know if it's it possible to turn these down at all?

Steve