Hi Newbie here - Can someone tell me what this is?

im00

Hi all. :wave:

I've today put a deposit down on a lovely Gunmetal Grey 350z on a 56 plate (GT Pack Included) from a dealer in hampshire. I'm really looking forward to this - my last car was a Supercharged Chimaera so I needed something equally exciting and think I may have found it. :yahoo:

Anyway...one question I wonder if anyone can help me on - you'll probably all know what this and in 6 months time I'll be embarrassed I asked but here goes:

When sitting in the drivers side of the car I opened the cubby hole on the centre consul that sits between the 2 front seats roughly below my left elbow. Inside it was empty save for something that resembles black plastic mobile phone but it doesn't seem to be moveable within the cubby hole. It had a lead running to it.

I've read the owners manual on-line and it doesn't mention what this is. :shrug:

Can any of you chaps enlighten me please?

Many thanks for your help in advance

im00

There's a cradle in the centre cubby for the phone (pre bluetooth). You can fit a bluetooth adapter in there and link a phone. That way you will be able to do hands free using the lovely voice activated in car phone with the controls on the steering wheel.

Here's a photo of the bluetooth module

2_Bluetooth-Module.jpg?t=1289678766

if you've got one of those your ready to make calls .... if you need one they are about £65 delivered to your door ........ PIMM usually has one for sale

Fantastic info & links chaps. It would appear then that I have both the Cradle & Adaptor. :clap:

So presumably its just a case of now pairing my mobile with this adaptor? I'll do a search for this on this forum.

Again - wonderful responses. And no smart-arse comments like on Pistonheads! I'm gonna like this.

Fantastic info & links chaps. It would appear then that I have both the Cradle & Adaptor. :clap:

So presumably its just a case of now pairing my mobile with this adaptor? I'll do a search for this on this forum.

Again - wonderful responses. And no smart-arse comments like on Pistonheads! I'm gonna like this.

oh the smartarse comments will come soon dont worry lol

Oh - 1 more question please - when I drive it off the forecourt next weekend what petrol should I be putting in?

Unleaded, Super Unleaded, or Optimax Only?

Any really ............. ecu remaps itself .......... I ran for 7 years on 95 Ron with no problems ..... some will say you get better mileage on Shell