I've been banned!!!!!

Ricey

I think this goes a long way to evidencing just how demotivated I am in work at the mo.............I've managed to get the 350z-uk site added to the companies banned list!!!!!!!!!!!

Bearing in mind the group has about 30000 employees globally thats a proper achievement.

Christ knows how many hours I've racked up but it must of been pretty substantial to get a global ban :scare:

:#1: for getting to the top of the list....... :thumbdown: for not being able to "surf the 350z-uk forum while you work"

I would talk to the I.T bods nicely and they may know a back door ;)

To be honest its probably done me a favour - I finally bit the bullet and applied for a managers job. If you can't beat em then I suppose you might as well become a soul-less ape who starts using phrases from the Ladybird book of middle management like-

- isolated incident (cocked up once)

- systemic issue (cocked up all over the place)

- can you liaise with (talk to)

- we'll park that one (we don't know the answer and we're not likely to in the near future)

- lets put that in the fridge (we don't know the answer and we never will - just forget about it)

- put a backstop in place (we keep fooking up MAKE IT STOP NOW!)

- the deliverable hasn't been implemented (you didn't do what we asked you....ooooooo I'm not happy)

- cost benefit analysis proved to be excessive (its too frigging expensive - find something cheaper that won't work as well)

- we're putting you an a personal improvement plan - PIP (your 1 fookup away from getting sacked meladdo - pull your socks up!!)

- the RAG status is telling us (oooooooo look how much red we've got - we're definitely fooked)

- the 'dashboard' is identifying systemic issues (fookedfookedfooked - regulators going to fine us to oblivion)

- working lunch (working but with food - your not getting a lunch and no.....I don't give a blue **** if its illegal or not)

ad infinitum...........

Funny you should mention this, I normally log on to the zed forum at lunch times at work, but found on wednesday the site had also been banned for me too :scare: it must be a conspiracy.

Either that or we work for different parts of the same organisation........the company I'm employed by actually have very little to do with the company I work for (i.e they're an outsourcing company - provide the systems, payroll, HR, buildings but don't get involved in the day to day running).

Funny you should mention this, I normally log on to the zed forum at lunch times at work, but found on wednesday the site had also been banned for me too :scare: it must be a conspiracy.

Either that or we work for different parts of the same organisation........the company I'm employed by actually have very little to do with the company I work for (i.e they're an outsourcing company - provide the systems, payroll, HR, buildings but don't get involved in the day to day running).

I work for a very security conscious IT consultancy so I'm not surprised. Shame though I enjoyed the reads at lunchtime.

So what is middle management speak for "access denied"? :wacko:

:#1: for getting to the top of the list....... :thumbdown: for not being able to "surf the 350z-uk forum while you work"

I would talk to the I.T bods nicely and they may know a back door ;)

To be honest its probably done me a favour - I finally bit the bullet and applied for a managers job. If you can't beat em then I suppose you might as well become a soul-less ape who starts using phrases from the Ladybird book of middle management like-

- we'll park that one (we don't know the answer and we're not likely to in the near future)

- lets put that in the fridge (we don't know the answer and we never will - just forget about it)

- the deliverable hasn't been implemented (you didn't do what we asked you....ooooooo I'm not happy)

- cost benefit analysis proved to be excessive (its too frigging expensive - find something cheaper that won't work as well)

- we're putting you an a personal improvement plan - PIP (your 1 fookup away from getting sacked meladdo - pull your socks up!!)

- the RAG status is telling us (oooooooo look how much red we've got - we're definitely fooked)

- the 'dashboard' is identifying systemic issues (fookedfookedfooked - regulators going to fine us to oblivion)

- working lunch (working but with food - your not getting a lunch and no.....I don't give a blue **** if its illegal or not)

ad infinitum...........

ad infinitum...........

Before I started work I thought that this type of stuff was just a joke, I've unfortunately realised since though that everyone speaks like that. I reckon the worst is when an "opportunity" arises (there's a problem/issue, we don't want to admit it though but we still need to fix it). Drives me crazy sometimes.

I can't see my company blocking the forum anytime soon - they would have done so already. I only occasionally check the forum at lunchtimes but I work with Husky so there's probably been a fair few hours logged on here from our work site!

Use a web based proxy server :thumbs: job done

+1 but those IT b%@tards catch up all the time and i'm running out of proxies :surrender:

If the company is that big they will have a decent firewall with a known list of proxy servers - practically impossible to bypass - however what you could to is leave your home PC on and run a remote desktop connection to it - then browse to your hearts content! ;)

I can't see my company blocking the forum anytime soon - they would have done so already. I only occasionally check the forum at lunchtimes but I work with Husky so there's probably been a fair few hours logged on here from our work site!

S**t mate :lol: I don't even want to know!!! :scare::lol: considering they can't even get their finger out to do simple tasks I don't think our IT dept are taking the time to go round banning sites. If they do ban it i will cry :cry: then take my HTC out of my pocket and continue :lol:

I also found out that this site is banned at my work this week it seems strange that 3 company's proxy servers have blocked the site at around the same time seems a bit too much of a coincidence :scare:

i guess they all contract in the same service.