Nissan, Audi or Porsche

spursmaddave

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have to be realistic about the choice.....

I honestly think that the best looking of the three is the 370. The best all round car would be the Cayman and the fastest would be the Audi.

30k gets you a new (in some cases) or almost new 370z from a main dealer with 3 years warranty.

In terms of the Porsche, it would get you an out of warranty Cayman S with say 20k on the clock with about 80% of the kit that would come as standard on the Zed.

I know that 0-60 times don't tell the whole story, but the 370 is quoted at 5.1 secs and the (295bhp) Cayman at 5.2 secs, so unless you took them on a track, there wouldn't be much in it.

The Audi would obviously be and feel quicker, but in my opinion lacks character.

I went through the same thought process myself not long ago and once I accepted that the 370z was a better looking car (let's face it, the Cayman is a bit of a munter from some angles) then it was actually a no brainer!

Now a 911 would require a different thought process, although in some cases would be the same 'problem' as the Cayman, just older, with more mileage and would cost more.

Go for the 370z......at least you would still be able to get great advice from this site and most importantly, people would let you pull out of side streets!!

once I accepted that the 370z was a better looking car (let's face it, the Cayman is a bit of a munter from some angles) then it was actually a no brainer!

really!

i suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder; i think the cayman is stunning from all angles. the 370 on the other hand has some questionable design features. :shrug:

once I accepted that the 370z was a better looking car (let's face it, the Cayman is a bit of a munter from some angles) then it was actually a no brainer!

really!

i suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder; i think the cayman is stunning from all angles. the 370 on the other hand has some questionable design features. :shrug:

+ 1,000,000,000

Although I think my view of the 370z has been tainted by all the different grey ones :wacko::yuck:

I certainly would not be disappointed with a 370z far from it, but if I was in one and a Cayman went past I would be quite sad :byebye:

:boxing:

Anyway I can proudly reveal my new wheels...

610b6efd5a0754a89db05f9897aad07e.jpg

That's a massive improvement upon the cayman you were looking at ;):lol::p

IMHO caymans just look like any other porsche and the 370z isn't *that* interesting to look at either. Corvette for me, from the front, sides, back B):lol::thumbs:

Or, a roush mustang :thumbs:

I honestly stunned that anyone could think the 370 is anything less than beautiful.

Realistically Dave you probably need to get the mid-life crisis Porsche out of your system before you come back to reality.

Provided you can live with small children pointing at you and saying 'look daddy that man has recently developed an erectile dysfunction' you'll be fine ;)

Audi...........give me strength - blandblandblandbbbbbbblllllllllaaaaaannnnndddzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

At least you'll look like a **** with money in a Porker (bet you don't have it for more than 12 months though).

Get something titsmentalcrazy like a TVR Sagris.........you'll be broken down most of the time but small children will say 'look daddy that man has no problems getting it up'.......dads will look on in awe.

Meh each to their own I guess but I honestly was blown away when I first saw the 370.

Strange but it seems to be a marmite car.

I've just been looking at those TVR's........now I know TVR's literally break down every day and they're not particularly practical but sweet baby Jesus and the orphans they look erotic. A low milage Tuscan can be picked up for around 14k now :scare:

I honestly stunned that anyone could think the 370 is anything less than beautiful.

IMO, aesthetically the 370 isn't a patch on the 350 and I'm sure many are of the same opinion ... hence the slow sales

Dont think thats the reason they arent selling. The economy isnt in a good state at the mo, when 350z were selling well we were all on top of the big credit bubble ;)

I think the 350z and 370z are on par looks wise. I love the classic look of the 350z, but the 370z does make it look a bit dated now.

IMO, aesthetically the 370 isn't a patch on the 350 and I'm sure many are of the same opinion ... hence the slow sales

Dont think thats the reason they arent selling. The economy isnt in a good state at the mo, when 350z were selling well we were all on top of the big credit bubble ;)

I think the 350z and 370z are on par looks wise. I love the classic look of the 350z, but the 370z does make it look a bit dated now.

Chris you may be right but that doesn't make me wrong ..... 350 is a classic ..... 370 will never be ........again IMO

Chris you may be right but that doesn't make me wrong ..... 350 is a classic ..... 370 will never be ........again IMO

+1 the 370 may be updated but I have followed and been followed by 3/4 now at meets and not been blown away :shrug: add to that things like grey black editions :headhurt: Only 370 that I have seen and :cloud9: is Guns :thumbs:

Meh each to their own I guess but I honestly was blown away when I first saw the 370.

Strange but it seems to be a marmite car.

I've just been looking at those TVR's........now I know TVR's literally break down every day and they're not particularly practical but sweet baby Jesus and the orphans they look erotic. A low milage Tuscan can be picked up for around 14k now :scare:

Low mileage because most of the time it was on the back of a flatbed... :surrender:

When they see a Porsche most people think knob, but would any of us really care if we were in one? Really? Honestly? I know I wouldn't

How many people do you think see you in your 350z and think knob, maybe not as many maybe, but quite a few.

And I'm sorry but how anybody who drives a Zed can accuse someone else of having a midlife crisis is just beyond me :lol::bangin:

I had my midlife crisis when I was 35 and had an 18 year old girlfriend :p

with all the cars i've had, i've been accused of being in a permanent midlife crisis since the age of 22. :blush:

your as much a d1ck in a 350z as you are in an m3 or porsche. basically anyone in a non sports car looking at someone in a sports car is going to think most of them are d1cks.

i like the porsches, TVR, M3's and personally dont give a fig what someone thinks of me; they don't know me; so go swivel in my opinion.

How many people do you think see you in your 350z and think knob, maybe not as many maybe, but quite a few.

And I'm sorry but how anybody who drives a Zed can accuse someone else of having a midlife crisis is just beyond me :lol::bangin:

I had my midlife crisis when I was 35 and had an 18 year old girlfriend :p

I'm 28, already had the mid life crisis car, flogged it got something sensible then made the missus buy a 2nd midlife crisis car which I now steal :ninja:

I'm only pulling your leg......I mean its not like your buying an M3!! I'll still speak to you if you buy a Porker.

TVR's must be the biggest tragedy in the modern world......how can something that stunning be such an untold bag of spanners is beyond me (obviously discounting the fact that it was made by a bloke with 1 eye called Sid in a clapped out warehouse in Blackpool).