Nissan, Audi or Porsche

spursmaddave

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cayman is clearly the winner for me, the only problem I'd have would be that I'd want a new one :) 370Z would be more realistic and more in my price range. Not really sure about the TT, the old style one we had was nothing but trouble to be honest. The new models look good, but have that corporate Audi look to them and there are millions of them about. Not planning to change for a long time yet though, not much point really haven't even reached 10k yet :lol:

Pete

They arent comparible in the slightest IMO, completely different price brackets. I couldnt justify the money for a new Cayman S, so decided on the 370z as a much better comprimise, especially at the price.

What price bracket are you actually looking at? For me, it'd be a new Cayman S out of that lot if money wasnt an issue but I'd rather have a nearly new 911 I think.

I'm assuming that the constant variable will be the price, probably around £35kish I would have thought.

Naturally this will buy you different ages, mileages and specs for each car.

At this price or above, I'd be going Cayman S, even if it'll be a couple of years old compared to a new 370z.

If the budget is £30k or less then you could still get a nearly new 370z but the Caymans at this point become older and with higher mileage. At this price point or below I'd probably sway towards the 370z.

I'd never spend any kind of money like that on a TT.

Exactly, I didn't say I was thinking of buying a brand new car, price depends on mileage and age of course.

I could probably stretch to a 911 if all goes well but it would have to be a fairly low spec one, probably non turbo :surrender:

As for deserting Paul, I will never leave mwah mwah mwah.... oh and see you tomorrow ;)

They arent comparible in the slightest IMO, completely different price brackets. I couldnt justify the money for a new Cayman S, so decided on the 370z as a much better comprimise, especially at the price.

What price bracket are you actually looking at? For me, it'd be a new Cayman S out of that lot if money wasnt an issue but I'd rather have a nearly new 911 I think.

I'm assuming that the constant variable will be the price, probably around £35kish I would have thought.

Naturally this will buy you different ages, mileages and specs for each car.

At this price or above, I'd be going Cayman S, even if it'll be a couple of years old compared to a new 370z.

If the budget is £30k or less then you could still get a nearly new 370z but the Caymans at this point become older and with higher mileage. At this price point or below I'd probably sway towards the 370z.

I'd never spend any kind of money like that on a TT.

Exactly, I didn't say I was thinking of buying a brand new car, price depends on mileage and age of course.

I could probably stretch to a 911 if all goes well but it would have to be a fairly low spec one, probably non turbo :surrender:

As for deserting Paul, I will never leave mwah mwah mwah.... oh and see you tomorrow ;)

Buy the best car you can afford.

Don't go looking at 997's if your going to have to get a 5/6 yr old one with no toys and high mileage because you will always be looking at it and thinking "It's great, but it could be better" and that would be an expensive mistake. £35k might get you onto the 911 ladder, but it's the bottom rung imo. I'd rather be in a newer Cayman, and then target a decent 911 as the next car.

My Dads mate has / had (not sure if he's punted it infact maybe I saw an exige at his house....) one of those specials in orange with the black wheels and graphics. I really liked it in the flesh. Looked great! B)

Get the Cayman. When you have the money to upgrade just bolt on the Car Graphic turbo kit :)

And if you get one of the special edition ones strip off the naff graphics down the side :yuck:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/242815/parr_porsche_cayman_s_turbo.html

wow that must feel ridiculously quick...

I'd definately buy the cayman s over a tt and nissan anyday. The only mistake was that i bought my missus a new car and then decided i wanted one or i would have been driving a bright red and carbon cayman s which was for sale at our local bentley garage.... major blunder

My Dads mate has / had (not sure if he's punted it infact maybe I saw an exige at his house....) one of those specials in orange with the black wheels and graphics. I really liked it in the flesh. Looked great! B)

I don't think I would fit in an Exige :surrender:

+1 i had some issues with my mates vx220, had to crawl out on my hands and knees in a wet carpark

I don't think I would fit in an Exige :surrender:

+1 i had some issues with my mates vx220, had to crawl out on my hands and knees in a wet carpark

Never a good look imo B)

It's an art.

I had a seat in an exige cup car. An exige with a roll cage. Now getting into an exige is a challenge at the best of times. With a roll cage in the way it's HARD! I managed. And I got out!

Not bad for a right fatty! :lol::lol:

It's an art.

I had a seat in an exige cup car. An exige with a roll cage. Now getting into an exige is a challenge at the best of times. With a roll cage in the way it's HARD! I managed. And I got out!

I thought it was just a question of falling in and out at the right angle? :lol::p

It's an art.

I thought it was just a question of falling in and out at the right angle? :lol::p

Is that not an art form?????

the cayman is one of the few porsches i find atractive, its a stunner, and i think i would pick it over the other 2

+1 :wub:

X 1,000,000,000

That is a 10/10.

I'm sure Cayman S is my next car if I want to spend £25,000 or if I chicken out, one of these at £17,000:

design_exterior.jpg