Admiral Insurance

glrnet

Admiral were great when i was with them years ago. Then for some reason the premium shot through the roof when i changed car and moved to London. Been with Direct Line ever since. Never had to make a claim though so cant tell what either company would be like under those circumstances. Hope you never have to find out too :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Vik, hopefully it wont come to that, :scare:

Graham - I've been with Admiral since I got the zed - they have been by far the cheapest for multi car. Good claims handling.

However one word warning- when Gary squashed the zeds bumper in the Summer it was me that lost my no claims - as it was on my part of the policy - thankfully by the time the claim ws processed the renewal date had come and gone so it didn't affect me this year but am dreading to see what the renewal is next year.

Admiral are good, always been the cheapest for me and the missus. I too have had the honour of Albany Assistance, and they werent particularly good - but they got the job done - which is good enough for me.

And while they still cover you for mods (ie wont void the insurance) they will only replace with OEM. As most of us are aware though, OEM is normally more expensive than aftermarket, so not usually a problem ;)

Graham - I've been with Admiral since I got the zed - they have been by far the cheapest for multi car. Good claims handling.

However one word warning- when Gary squashed the zeds bumper in the Summer it was me that lost my no claims - as it was on my part of the policy - thankfully by the time the claim ws processed the renewal date had come and gone so it didn't affect me this year but am dreading to see what the renewal is next year.

my crash at 5k put my insurance up 200 quid

Been with them for ages now and always been cheaper than others. I have my sister and my mum on my zed insurance (even tho they will never drive it! :scare: ) Which brings the insurance down even more :yahoo: Not sure if you have this option but worth a try :thumbs:

Just gone with Admiral for a multi-car policy ..... quite a good price IMO and very polite phone contacts who spoke English lol ..... I was happy with my Privilege policy but for various reasons Admiral for now, suits my needs :thumbs:

Thanks Rog, already got wifey in the quote and that helped to the tune of £50.00. She says she's worth more than a £1 a week though, I, of course agreed. :DB)

Been with them for ages now and always been cheaper than others. I have my sister and my mum on my zed insurance (even tho they will never drive it! :scare: ) Which brings the insurance down even more :yahoo: Not sure if you have this option but worth a try :thumbs:

I phoned Admiral about two months ago to ask how much decats, y-pipe with racing cat and uprev would cost, the quotes me £50 for the exhaust insurance but wouldn't even touch the the uprev... so not that good for mods for me, although I have 0 years NCB as I haven't owned my own car in a while.

I had an accident somewhere around 1999 while insured with Admiral and the car was a write off (note to self: never try and avoid foxes!), after being offered an initial fairly low value for the car (as expected) I compared my car to the current value of cars on autotrader and they were happy to pay the like for like price.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update on our renewal with Admiral for me and the missus;

2008 Lancer 2.0 Di-D

2003 Nissan 350z

7000 miles per year on each

Both 28 in office jobs

No accidents in last 3 years (anymore yaaaaaay!)

4 years no claims on Lancer policy and 5 years on Zed

£250 excess

£952 for the year!!!

So thought I'd push the boat out and stick my chip back on the Lancer and add the pop charger and new zorst thats going on the Zed next week...........30 quid extra for all mods!!! :yahoo:

Now I've been a slightly naughty boy because the pop charger has been no for a few months but I couldn't stomach paying the admin fee to update the policy.......if I'd added these AFTER the renewal it would of put it up by an additional £20ish per mod because of the admin fees they charge to issue a new certificate.

as im looking for a z im looking for the best insurance deal to. Admiral has come up cheapest on all the comparison sites ive tried, and its probably the most talked about on here. i altered the milage a bit and saw minimal effect, but cheaper all the same.

now the best bit....i added not only my mum, but my dad to and potentially saved over £500!!!! and i know when i phone Admiral i will get it even cheaper, as what alot of price comparison sites dont allow for is the different insurances maximum voluntary excess. the quote i got inc £600 voluntary excess (maximum!)... WRONG! Admiral is actual a £1000 max. so that option will shave some of the cost off, and Admiral also do a '10 month excellarator bonus' which saves even more pennies. and you get 20% off your next MOT, happy days Z ppl! :teeth:

im loving it and i dont have a Z........YET!!!

is anyone actually insured with Adrian flux on here? i was quoted just over £4K to insure a 2004 350Z, and thats standard!

iv been with them for about 4 years now and they have been great on the costs so far, multicar and modified vehicle also.....soon as i said im changing a vehicle they hit me with £that£!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Another +1 for Admiral. They took my current car down from £750 to £455 and are the only company that will touch me on a Zed when I get it. I do wonder HOW they can do it? Do they risk insuring people for such a low amount hoping that they never have an accident and take the long term pay off where most companies seem to do the opposite and almost try to scare off custom from the likes of myself by sometimes quoting in excess of £4000.

• 1 month later...

Why the hell did I get quoted £988 with Admiral?

46 years old

12 years no claims

Garaged

Intake manifold mod (plenum spacer)

ECU mod (Uprev)

Manchester postcode

Is it the Manchester postcode despite me living in a nice area?

I got a quote from Admiral and they came in pretty reasonable for the zed... and so i thought id try a multicar quote. Which came back at about 500quid MORE than if I insured both cars separately. Which was a shame, as I was hoping they would be keen for me to drive a cheap old golf diesel rather than the higher risk zed.

In the end I stayed with Adrian Flux who matched Admirals quote.

£750 fully comp, im nearly 40, have 18 years NCB and 3 points from 1 year ago.

I got a quote from Admiral and they came in pretty reasonable for the zed... and so i thought id try a multicar quote. Which came back at about 500quid MORE than if I insured both cars separately. Which was a shame, as I was hoping they would be keen for me to drive a cheap old golf diesel rather than the higher risk zed.

Any mods m8?

Most of the young guys in their early twenties with mods on the car are getting lower rates than I am.

Any mods m8?

Most of the young guys in their early twenties with mods on the car are getting lower rates than I am.

No mods yet.

I used to have just the z insured with them for 10,000 miles a year and cost me £1,500.

I now have the same z insured with them on a multicar policy with 5k miles for £520 and my new pug 107 with 20,000 miles for £213

So a total of over double the miles and it's less than half the price for two cars? :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

in the end i actually went with bell ins, part of the admiral group along with elephant. anyone else use these? i no its 2 month old post but didnt wanna start a new one for this. i got a great dell and literally saved thousands off my quote with my existing company.

I have a multi-car policy with Admiral - VERY good price!! I definitely recommend them. I've been with them for years!!!

Only downside is - They only authorise non-genuine parts replacement if your car is involved in an accident, but that only applies to cars above 3 years of age.

I'm with more than! I insure my Z with them with full NCB (10 years plus). I bought a new corsa for the wife and insured it with them with my wife as the main driver and me as a named driver. They mirrored my NCB onto the corsa policy. Really good price £505 for the Z and £220 for the corsa and its brand new. ;)

that is a good price. mates and ppl i work with always ask how much is the ins. and they looked well shocked. in comparison one mate is paying around £200 for an ST and one m8 is paying £200 less for a 12 year old mondeo. what!

I'm with Elephant, just enquired about changing OEM to aftermarket exhaust and was told the exhaust would not make a difference because it is classed as wear and tear.

Next up, asked how much it would cost to change from a Yorkshire postcode to a Lincolnshire postcode...answer was an extra £200. Despite the fact that the car will be EXACTLY as secure in both locations because it is locked away behind fences etc.

They base far too much on the postcode and don't actually get it right if you are one of the minorities who has a different location. I wonder if there are companies that tailor their polices exactly to the specifics of the customer or is that something of the past?