Admiral Insurance

glrnet

£200, thats ridiculous m8.

ins tailered to you! to much hard work that for the companies! would be good though, if you had a fort with heavily armed guards under 24 survillance in a 'rough' postcode it would be the same price parked on the road outside a terrace house one street away!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Used Admiral and Elephant (part of the same group... but generally one will quote lower than the other i found... usually the one you're not currently insured with but if you push them they'll match or beat the price) only had good experiences with both.

I'm with Elephant, just enquired about changing OEM to aftermarket exhaust and was told the exhaust would not make a difference because it is classed as wear and tear.

Very good point - infact if we got into the semantics of things no insurance states that only OEM parts can be used to replace wear and tear items :shrug: so that could count for just about everything other than cosmetic mods! - take note folks! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Have just been quoted £1,800 for both Zeds and the Renault Clio through Admiral. Caroline was quoted £790 for her Zed if that was the only car insured. I'm seriously considering this as my 22 year old daughter will get full cover on The Clio, currently she only gets 90 days a year at £2.10 a day on top of the £300 or so that I already pay. I've been unable to find a company that would insure her as a named driver for 365 days a year for under a grand :scare: In fact, looking at the figures all 3 cars work at at £600 each, not bad at all :thumbs:

Pete

One thing to say. Was with them for a year on the 10 month accelerator. Then switched to Elephant as Admiral's renewal quote doubled, then after I paid up the Elephant for a year and called Admiral to cancel, they first tried to tell me i had to pay costs and an admin fee as I didn't cancel in time (was not made aware of this), then told me they would have been able to match Elephant as they are essentially the same company (and unsuprisingly waived the fee)! A bit of a stupid mix-up, but apart from that they are cheap so am considering using them/Elephant again for my next car as they came up the cheapest again.

Full marks to Admiral :)

Current insurance renewal through the broker Lifesure up from 480 ish to 630 with Zurich although was with NIG last year who have pulled out of the market.

Chris Knott and Sky Insurance couldn't touch us with their underwriters who give club discounts because of a pending attempt at a fraudulant claim against us by a third party a few months ago that won't be resolved for another month or so. I see some of their point but irksome nonetheless. I suspect that they wouldn't have been able to come close though because their underwriters believe that you forget to drive when you leave the UK for a few years so could only give 2 years NCB.

Admiral came up with 450 so well chuffed given the current happenings in the insurance market.

I'm with Admiral.

They (and Elephant) are always the cheapest for me.

My car is stock but I enquired about adding a plenum spacer and was told they couldn't cover it because they wouldn't put it into any of their categories. I only tried once though, I'm sure I could convince them if I really tried.

Thread here: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=47285

Oh and these are the mod categories they have. Some of them they won't cover for at all though (e.g. turbocharging).

Screenshot2011-03-21at212046.png