Admiral Insurance

glrnet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was with them. Offered a good price, but then on the second year renewal it went up? :thumbdown:

FYI Im with bell, was the cheapest around for me

it always goes up; and usually a silly amount; then you shop around, get the lowest quote, go back to admiral tell them your going else where, and they tend to match it and then a little under as well.

its a game, they all play it, and its part of the renewal process. anyone who accpets the first renewal offer without looking is a fool. there is always a saving to be had.

They're good depending on what you want to do with them........if you end up in an outsourced call centre it can get a bit frustrating but otherwise they seem alreet.

They're also part of Pinnacle (Bell, Elephant, Admiral)......not a small company by any stretch.

I was with them. Offered a good price, but then on the second year renewal it went up? :thumbdown:

FYI Im with bell, was the cheapest around for me

it always goes up; and usually a silly amount; then you shop around, get the lowest quote, go back to admiral tell them your going else where, and they tend to match it and then a little under as well.

its a game, they all play it, and its part of the renewal process. anyone who accpets the first renewal offer without looking is a fool. there is always a saving to be had.

Yep did that and they came down a bit but still more than my original quote :dry: Maybe they didnt like me :blackeye::lol:

How are Admiral with mods?

I am with the for the shed just now but happy to throw on zed after winter if they are mod friendly.

good, paid nothing for my exhaust and filter, and 35.00 for my wheels.

They're good depending on what you want to do with them........if you end up in an outsourced call centre it can get a bit frustrating but otherwise they seem alreet.

They're also part of Pinnacle (Bell, Elephant, Admiral)......not a small company by any stretch.

only seem to speak to english call centres; worst i've had to deal with is a scouser, and i can cope with that. always good to deal with on the phone.

Yep did that and they came down a bit but still more than my original quote :dry: Maybe they didnt like me :blackeye::lol:

to be honest everyones insurance is going up insurance comapnies are tightening the belts and the car owners are paying for it.

How are Admiral with mods?

I am with the for the shed just now but happy to throw on zed after winter if they are mod friendly.

Really good with Mods. £35 for a 15% BPH increase for a piggyback chip on my diesel Lancer.

only seem to speak to english call centres; worst i've had to deal with is a scouser, and i can cope with that. always good to deal with on the phone.

I think I spoke to a woman called 'Dave' or some such other anglacised name. She was alright in fairness......they just tend to be overspill centres with the UK call centres are busy........in honesty I'd rather speak to a foreigner with a PHD who has to read from a script than I would some angry English cretin from a call centre in Speak.

Thanks for that MB, I think I'll go back and see if they'll take the van as well. :)

a few of us were talking about them in "chat" the other night, as far as i can tell they are good.

i will be using them for the multicar policy thingy they do when my renewal is up me thinks

23, now let me think, when was that?? Buggered if I can remember now :lol::lol:

mines dropped as i turned 23 lol

Old age plays havoc with the memory... :wheelchair:

We were going to go with Admiral but ended up staying with Priviledge as they do a similar multi-car discount deal...

But I know what Priviledge would say if they looked at your car :nono::lol:

You only ever know if an Insurer is any good when you need to make a claim and by then it's too late to change anyway...

Sorry, do I know you? :headhurt::p

23, now let me think, when was that?? Buggered if I can remember now :lol::lol:

mines dropped as i turned 23 lol

Old age plays havoc with the memory... :wheelchair:

We were going to go with Admiral but ended up staying with Priviledge as they do a similar multi-car discount deal...

But I know what Priviledge would say if they looked at your car :nono::lol:

You only ever know if an Insurer is any good when you need to make a claim and by then it's too late to change anyway...

I'm with Elephant who is part of the Admiral group. Never had any complaints. They seem to have sorted out my accident repair without any issues although I declined to use their legal branch "Albany Assistance" as the reviews I have seem for them are pants. So I insisted that they use a repair center of my nomination and that they deal with the issue themselves rather than Albany Assistance. Other than that all worked out very well.

I'll happily use either Admiral or Elephant in the future.

I'm with Elephant who is part of the Admiral group. Never had any complaints. They seem to have sorted out my accident repair without any issues although I declined to use their legal branch "Albany Assistance" as the reviews I have seem for them are pants. So I insisted that they use a repair center of my nomination and that they deal with the issue themselves rather than Albany Assistance. Other than that all worked out very well.

I'll happily use either Admiral or Elephant in the future.

i had to deal with albany and that was the only let down, the mechanical side of things was fine as was the admiral side.

but albany were a pain in the arse. as far as i'm aware they have been disolved

Graham - I've been with Admiral since I got the zed - they have been by far the cheapest for multi car. Good claims handling.

However one word warning- when Gary squashed the zeds bumper in the Summer it was me that lost my no claims - as it was on my part of the policy - thankfully by the time the claim ws processed the renewal date had come and gone so it didn't affect me this year but am dreading to see what the renewal is next year.