negative comments toward other marques

Husky

sorry to fire off topic here but:

seriously guys, with the jaguar comments. im going to put the biggest NISSANS = POOR BUILD QUALITY banner in my sig ever :dry: seeing as both of the nissans i have had have been made by 5 year old children they are so poorly put together. I have had to get both of them taken apart and put back together at my own expense so I am happy with them.

And what is the reputation of nissan garages in forum users eyes? Do we tell users of this forum that they shouldnt have bought a nissan becasue nissan service in general is shocking and the cars have common faults? no we dont, we promote them.

I think its just rediculous that people can discuss in one section; people who have had crap service at nissan, cars with major faults and a warranty that wont help them one bit. Then in another section say how jaguar are so bad you shouldnt buy one for exactly the same reasons??? by that logic how the hell can we promote the nissan 350z whatsoever.

same old thing, its like the reaction people have to the tabloids. Because the Sun newspaper says someone is evil, he IS evil, no matter how nice he actually is.

This ongoing BS, annoying, slanderous c**p based on one persons experience is just a completely biased view and as you can probably tell is really really irritating every time I see it. Fair enough quote rating, surveys, reviews, whatever, but to continuously bash a brand based on one persons experience is poor form.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

ahhh zed tinted glasses again husky; B)

lots of people wear them; helps shade them aware from the truth :lol:

i like the new jags and if i had the money i would buy one, i'd also buy an alfa and a tvr and a lotus. all of which are renowned for poor reliabilty and crap servicing. just like nissan.

I think everything about the Nissan is PERFECT (now where is my white stick!)

To be fair I'm not that disgruntled with the car, I went in purchasing the car knowing it's interior is plastic and that's about it. I've had one slight annoyance with a dealer and since then avoided them. My car is serviced and modified by Abbey and I've been happy ever since. I've not had any clicky axles, or droplink issues, sticking window motors or anything of that type (touching wood!).

I am 99% happy with the car, and since I get services outside of Nissan Dealerships I'm happy furthermore.

I see what you are saying - and clearly some have been more experienced with the issues the car can potentially place on the owner, but I'm happy.

(still touching wood).

If I had the money, I'd purchase a 370 or GTR - so there's not enough negativity for me to say Nissan are terrible?? I guess everyone experiences good and bad in a car/dealer, and for that reason have suitable grounds in which to rant.

So what's on your mind today then Husk! :teeth:

Thing is, if there's a serious problem ranting about it won't get the message across, so what's the next step? Get in touch with Nissan HQ and give them a piece of your mind! :rant::teeth:

Split as suggested.

Heres my view:

Ive posted my thoughts on Jaguar, and will continue to do so whenever I choose and feel it appropriate to a thread. Myself and my brother spent around £90k in cash with Jaguar, and have driven the cars for well over a year now. That gives me every right to give my opinion/review if I choose to do so. If anyone from Jaguar doesnt like the fact that I am utterly dissapointed with the quality of the car and aftersales service provided then, quite frankly, tough.

Ive tried posting my views on Jaguar forums in an effort not to voice it here, however in my opinion those forums seem to be based on a moderation manual written by Kim Jong Il. Post anything negative about Jaguar on a Jaguar forum and your user account suddenly disappears.

Try and find a section on a Jaguar forum where you can discuss poor service from dealers, issues with the manufacturer and moans about various parts not covered under warranty. You can't.

If you want to moan about Nissan and them not helping you or the build quality you arent happy with, feel free. We aren't here to sell Nissans cars, we are here to discuss them, good points and bad and hopefully help find solutions for people that do have problems. Thats what a community should do, and I believe does do very well here.

If other people on here make comments such as "talk to Chesterfield about Jaguar", then thats up to them. Its a bit of a joke, as they know Im not happy, and they know I tend to go on and on and on, so them saying talk to chesterfield is just a bit of poking fun at me and my experience rather than actually wanting to slate Jaguar.

When we had the meal at Wales on the Friday night when I arrived at the bar some said "hello", "hi" etc - and I think it was Colin who just said "Hows the Jag Chris?" :lol: He knew it was a bit of fun and we had a laugh about it.

Dont fret about it chap. I dont let other peoples comments bother me. ( I am the upmost authority on everything in the world anyway) :teeth:

I was talking to some subaru entusiasts. They get some serious grief for their cars ( called chavs etc. ) these guys spend as much as people on here pushing their car to its limits yet many people would look down their nose at them.

Ive been ( and am on ) a few forums and everywhere you go people slag of other marques ( I nearly got a jag instead of a 350 incidentally ). Where its people speaking from personal experience I think they should be alowed to voice their opinion. However its just that an opinion. Not necessaryly fact. :thumbs:

Ive driven some hideous cars... and had grief for it and honestly dont give two sh*ts because i liked em. This 350 has cost me more than any other car already in upkeep BUT its great fun. So for the minute it stays (well we shall see).

John, I've said many times that my dad owned an XJ8 for 5 years. In that time he had nothing but first class service and total reliability. It was a 1999 car that he bought in '99 and kept till '04. He really regrets letting that car go.

As you know he went in to buy a new XJ after my mum approved it! It was close to £70k with the spec he wanted I'm sure and was offered 9k below book for his year old mint condition S Class. Obviously he didn't make the change.

Unfortunately it's some of the dealers that are really upsetting jaguar customers now. The cars look better than they ever have done and I'm sure build is ona par with what it always has been. It's how a dealers aftersales deals with issues is how happy a customer will be. Unfortunately for jaguar, they seem to have some dodgy peoplein some of their dealerships which people associate with 'Jaguar' when they are employees of a franchise NOT employees of the manufacturer.

Having had several protracted issues with Nissan I was happy to post them up on here. All the facts were correct. I am always happy to talk to Nissan customer services and its worth remembering the person you are dealing with has to sort out issues with poor dealers all the time. Not a job I would want.

All my issues were sorted out in the end. I always post up the results of their intervention.

I have had similar issues with VW and sold the car as I was sick of ongoing problems.

I would expect there to be problems with any product and my opinion is based on how issues are dealt with. If they arent handled well then and customer services are rubbish then its a reflection on the manufacturer directly.

To be fair, I wrote to Jaguar the manufacturer about the issue/s and the response was "your contract of sale is with the dealer".

They simply didn't want to do anything about the problem at all. They rejected out of hand my request for what would have been probably a couple of hundred quid part from Jaguar as adequate compensation, as did the dealer. So in return for having a damaged car, having it sent away for repair twice and having a decent area of the paintwork not fully match the rest (there are still differences in one side to the other noticeable now), I have received precisely ZERO from Jaguar or Hatfields in compensation, not even an offer of a cut price service, never mind any actual compensation.

On the plus side, we have been using the Jaguar service centre Gordon Lambs in Chesterfield, and they couldn't be any more different to Hatfields. They are actually brilliant. In some ways I feel sorry for them in Chesterfield Gordon Lamb. They are authorised for service, but only sell the Land Rover marque, not the Jaguars. In my personal opinion they are the type of dealer that should be selling Jaguar, and not Hatfields.

If it weren't for the experience Ive had from Jaguar, and I could attribute all my issues to just the dealer Hatfields, then I may have actually considered buying a RR from Gordon Lamb when its time to replace the XF.

Having seen Chris's Jag in the flesh I have to say 'looks wise' its pretty damn cool B) , if I had the budget to buy one for my company car I would definately consider it

Maybe Chris and his bro are just damn unlucky :lol: ..... Ive looked on loads of other forums researching other cars and its scary I tell you :scare: , most have issues far greater than the Zed.... engines blowing up etc etc...

Try not to take it to heart John, Its not a personal attack because you work there - unless you built the whole car ??? :lol: Least this shows you care about where and who you work for, most people wouldn't stand up for their own employers tbh

Deep breaths ;)

True - I must say, if John was running Jaguar I'm certain that the issues I had would have been resolved much quicker and much more to my satisfaction. Out of all the people I spoke to or wrote to he was probably the most helpful and certainly seemed to be the only employee at Jaguar that actually genuinley cared about the car/s I'd bought, and that includes the MD.

I have to ask, why bother giving customers tours of the factory and showing them fancy videos about how proud Jaguar are of their products, when if customers write to them about issues thay have with the product, they simply get told "speak to your dealer" ?

It seems that the problem, which is NOT unique to Jaguar is that the manufacturer wants to pass anything negative off to the dealer and just concentrate on building cars - the dealer in turn just wants to concentrate on selling cars, and often for many more brands than one manufacturer, so what do they care about one or two cars from one manufacturer?

The dealer will say its just a fault during the manufacturers production, and the manufacturer just says take it up with the dealer. Nobody actually takes ownership of the customers issue with the product and sorts it out. Many even create a third entity just for customer service, which has no responsibility to the manufacturer or dealers, so they cant authorise free services or upgrades or anything else that will actually appease the customer. To this day I still dont know how the paint issues arose on my car, at the factory, at the dealers - nobody ever did own up.

Hopefully the people at the helm of Jaguar will eventually be replaced with people that share Johns passion for the brand and actual concern for customers that dont receive what the marketing material leads them to believe they should.

sorry, grumpy hat was on this morning :blush: it honestly really wasn't directed at anyone one person at all, just a general sweeping comment about the catch phrase that has taken, so anyone who has taken offence; colin, chris etc. apologies.

I would say what gets me the most is that Chris had a bad experience and didnt get to enjoy the car like he should have and it didn't get sorted in a way that made him happy. That means that on this forum its like treading on egg shells even mentioning jaguar , on any other forum its no different to any other brand :shrug:

I'm proud to work where I do and because of that i cant help get a bit carried away when there are digs at it :blush:

I'm going to go up and edit my original post, not to remove content or change what is says but to remove the naughty bits...

You are seemingly taking the adverse comments personally John. We know the supurb quality of your own work - there are ample threads on here to vouch for that and I sure there are many of your colleagues at Jaguar who are equally as particular about their work and good at what they do.

The fact is manufacturers (and their agents) go through difficult times - look at Alfa Romeo, Vauxhall, Skoda and many more - they have all been the butt of many adverse comments and went to lows at various stages because of the crap they put on the market for sale. Now look a Skoda for example - http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/05/sko ... 10-214579/

Nissan still produce some crap cars that just don't sell and have got 'pulled' after a short life span. By and large the 350 has an enviable reputation and yes you will always get the odd rogue one but I can tell you that of the many, many cars I have had over 45 years of driving none, bar none, has been more reliable and given more satisfaction than the two 350's and 370 I have been fortunate to enjoy. :D

I didnt find anything offensive about your post John. No need to tread on eggshells, Ive not posted up about anything Jag related for ages! :lol:

Its not your fault that my issues didnt get sorted by either Jaguar or Hatfields. Its not to say that other peoples experiences will be the same. Indeed the impression I got from Gordon Lamb is that had I bought the car from them, my ownership experience would possibly have been completely different - the service I got from them for the Nissan was good too - the only reason I dont like the Nissan garage at Chesterfield is that the car park is always rammed with vehicles for sale, so they dont have adequate room for your car.

They have addressed that at the Land Rover section of Gordon Lamb, probably out of necessity, but the spaces are huge and I dont feel at all bothered about parking the car there.

But you know what they say about opinions, everyones got one. :lol:

I've got to say I agree with John here, although I'm also biased since I work for the same company he does. My biggest gripe is that every single time any JLR product is mentioned there's always a number of snide comments basically suggesting all the cars are terrible and that you shouldn't go anywhere near them.

Just yesterday I read a post with someone mentioning they wanted their Dad to get an XFR and just 13 min later one of the site moderators jumps in to suggest otherwise. It gets very frustrating!

I will also add though that's it's also incredibly frustrating that my company allows customers to get so disillusioned about our cars, especially because on the whole the products haven't been this good for a long time and it seems like relatively simple things to fix that are causing most of the problems (e.g. good customer service, it shouldn't be that tricky!).

What winds me up, is negative comments about marques, from people that have never owned them.

I don't know why, but people slagging of Porsche, reeeeeeally winds me, even though I don't own one :lol:

It's something that I've seen on here sooo many times.

People saying stuff like:

"I wouldn't be seen dead in a boxster"

One from today:

"I'd feel like a tosser driving one"

WTF!!!! There seems to be stigma around Porsche dating back to the 80's yuppy type era, which is so out of date it's unreal......

:bang:

PS: The Mrs' Alfa Romeo runs like a dream :lol:

/rant

I'm not loyal to any badge.

I form my opinions on cars, based on MY experiences of them, not disgruntled owners on the internet.

I read about Gallardo's burning out their clutches in less than 500 miles and setting themselves on fire.

I still bought one.

I read about M3's SMG system being awful and liable to leave you with a massive bill at some point.

I still bought one.

Apparently Alfa's spend their lives broken down on the hard shoulder.

I still bought one.

I'd never put people off a car based on someone elses experience of it, which is what annoys me. Why perpetuate a stereotype that you have to be a tosser to drive a Porsche???

The guy on here who did a Z4 review recently, obviously didn't like the car from the outset. I didn't agree with hardly anything he posted but as it was based on his actual experience of the car, I respected that and accepted it as his opinion based on his experience of the car. But people slagging off cars they've never been in really boils my ****.

/rant

Bloody hell Liam, when did you get so mature? :lol:

At the end of the day, people will have an opinion, you cant say its right or wrong, as its their opinion. The tale of Chris and his Jag is an unfortunate one, and in some ways does deserve the press it gets as it was soo easily fixable, but neither the dealership (who are really the ones that should have sorted it) nor JLR gave a toss. Quite frankly, if a dealer is acting up, its up to the manufacturer to at least give them a kick. But the story is a bit of a running joke now, and I doubt any ranting or raving will make it go away any time soon. All these threads do is re-open the wounds. As Chris says, he hasnt posted anything (unprovoked) for a while, its others who have heard his story that do. I bash Basingstoke Nissan for the crap service I had when I got my Zed. Thats not to say they are still useless - and actually their service dept is pretty good, just a bit pricey - but it should serve as a warning that anyone using them walk into it with their eyes open.

What winds me up, is negative comments about marques, from people that have never owned them.

This. A million times this.

I always listen to what people have to say with regards to cars, both in terms of the vehicle itself and also any associated service, but I'm also confident enough in my own assessment to make my own mind up sometimes.

"350Zs are plasticky and the service is awful!" A common complaint. However, whilst they're spot-on about the former (and anyone who says different needs to either put some glasses on or take off their rose-coloured ones) I had absolutely no issues with my local dealer at all, and in fact I'd say they were probably the best dealership I've ever dealt with in my life so far. I genuinely don't have a single complaint to make against them, they're that good.

As Sarnie says, there's a lot of nonsense bandied about when it comes to cars: Some of it is true, some of it is exaggerated, and some of it is nonsense. Listen to opinions, take it all in, but make your own mind up.