370 steering wheel or something like it?

christianmg

Ok guys I know this should probably be in the interior section, but I dont know if its a mod that can be done? :scare:

sorry its a bit long .. the update:love the 350 hate the wheel any suggestions

Ive done some searches on google and on this site (none came up here) and lots of people talk about it but no one has ever done it or said if it can be done?

Can you put a 370 steering wheel (if you could find one) in a 350??

I love the car and collecting it on saturday, but went down in my friends sorrocco and ... well the 350s interior just does look dated =( ... pains me to say it!

So was looking to see if any one had any suggestions ... ive read some of the interior update & upgrade mods, but really want to start off with the wheel and dash.

Its a GT spec with bluetooth & cruse so would like to try and keep those functions (but not essental),

but was involved in a car crash 2 months ago, (passenger) where we got cut out, and the airbag saved my mates face, so would like to keep that!

Is there any after market wheels that can be retrofitted to fit? - love the TT and sorrocco ones.

Or ... heck is there even any good chunky covers you can put over it to make it feel a bit more modern.

I love the car and collecting it on saturday, but went down in my friends sorrocco and ... well the 350s interior just does look dated =( ... pains me to say it!

Try comparing the Scirroco with the 370Z not a car that was launched 8 years ago

Is there any after market wheels that can be retrofitted to fit? - love the TT and sorrocco ones.

Or ... heck is there even any good chunky covers you can put over it to make it feel a bit more modern.

There are aftermarket wheels out there just search the 350Z forums, it's not a common MOD as personally I think the 350Z wheel looks OK. If your so taken with the VW interior etc. then why not buy one :dry:

:doh: ahh I knew this would probably be taken the wrong way!!!

Im not comparing it to the serocco at all! I was comparing it to the 370 ... its my own fault for looking inside the 370 while waiting for the keys to come for the test drive! :doh:

Im just saying when most people get them they want to put big wheels, or bodykits or theyre own spin on the car.

I love it as it is! AMAZING as it is! Just thought the wheel was the only thing that looked ... dare I say it to be open to another volley of abuse? ... Dated?

Why not get it re trimmed? Will cost you £150 but you can have nice sift leather on it and moulded grips. Otherwise that wheel Alex has is really nice.

Ahh perfect this is exactly what I wanted!!! I didn't know you could retrim a wheel?? Has anyone done this or know where you could get it done? I thought a retro fit wheel would be incredibly hard and most after market ones don't have airbags or functionality =( soft leather and grips could be sweet

Have pm'd Alex too!! :blush:

Yes I could could you pm me your email address please. :thumbs:

His email is at the bottom of his reply - the little button saying Email ;)

EDIT: Oops appears that as Admin I can always see peoples email addresses :blush:

I think you have got the right answer already, I wouldnt want to mess around with the electrics for all the switches, I could feel problems coming on with incompatability issues. Theres lots of "bling bits" out there that help. Hope you resolve the wheel and lets see a few pics. :wave:

• 1 year later...