Kev946

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choice

350z - even new yet to be released superchaged version with about 350 bhp

or

BMW M5 - with M5 button that turns out over 500bhp and makes it the BEST saloon car in the world.

I love my Zed but I think I might defect if I could afford it.

Just a thought.

Go on Ban me LOL LOL LOL

Ming the thinker

Thats fair enough Ming. But the guy fighting the BM corner was not talking about a M5 it was a 335d :blush:

Why I don't know. The BMW 3 series diesel is good however they are not in the same league. Maybe price wise but the Zed is a a 2 seater and the 3 is a coupe (2 door saloon which is pretty handsome) or a 4 door (which is butt ugly!)

So it's quicker by 0.1 secs to 60mph. Big deal! It just means that diesel engine technology is coming along.

Why I don't know. The BMW 3 series diesel is good however they are not in the same league. Maybe price wise but the Zed is a a 2 seater and the 3 is a coupe (2 door saloon which is pretty handsome) or a 4 door (which is butt ugly!)

So it's quicker by 0.1 secs to 60mph. Big deal! It just means that diesel engine technology is coming along.

I know mate, you don't have to convince me :lol:

Hi Guys,

I was surprised to see this thread ressurected. Just to clarify are few points.

I have never slagged off the Zed. I'm still a fan and agree that you need to consider price. I was banned for my views on a thread about a 3 series coupe compared to the Zed. All I did was post a few figures from the Top Gear track times. Anyway it all got very childish and stupid. Being a BMW owner who disagreed with a Moderator I was eventually banned by one. Let's just say some of the moderators over their have been after me for a while. Being a paid up member I of course complained and the ban was revoked, after a week or so.

I agree with some of the recent comments, in particular how serious about their cars some of the guys over there are. Oh and the in crowd thing, definately real. I don't get the same attitude though over here.

Keep it up guys.. :thumbs:

Hi Guys,

I have never slagged off the Zed. I'm still a fan and agree that you need to consider price. I was banned for my views on a thread about a 3 series coupe compared to the Zed. All I did was post a few figures from the Top Gear track times. Anyway it all got very childish and stupid. Being a BMW owner who disagreed with a Moderator I was eventually banned by one. Let's just say some of the moderators over their have been after me for a while. Being a paid up member I of course complained and the ban was revoked, after a week or so.

I agree with some of the recent comments, in particular how serious about their cars some of the guys over there are. Oh and the in crowd thing, definately real. I don't get the same attitude though over here.

Certain owners are so obsessed by their car that it has made them deluded.

Hi Guys,

I agree. They are all just cars. Lumps of metal. Todays cars will be considered old slow bangers in 15 years, Zed inlcuded.

Hi Guys,

I agree. They are all just cars. Lumps of metal. Todays cars will be considered old slow bangers in 15 years, Zed inlcuded.

The whole point is that life is about opinions. We all have them. We don't agree with other peoples cos that would make us robots.

I don't race scoobies or evo's as they are highly likley to spank me. Some of the older ones are probably worth £10k less than my zed. Does the fact they are cheaper and faster make them better cars? In some peoples eyes yes, in some no. In my opinion I would say no cos I do like my zed but for different reasons. The point is that I love my car but I know there are other cars out there that surpass the zed in certain area's, its just that the main one, looks, for me makes the zed king :thumbs:

I agree with the last comment about looks for several reasons.

Most of the time performance does not matter as the road conditions and other traffic mean that the drivers ability is far more important than the cars. (Remind me to tell you about the Skoda and the Calibra Turbo one day) So long as the car is driveable and has plenty of grunt (The Zed is both) then it will out perform most road conditions.

Many a car with good PAPER stats is on the road quite un impressive and others that should not perform as they do often shine.

Most of the time the car you drive is either pootling along in traffic or sat uotside your house and in both of those situations the Zed LOOKS great.

Good enough reason in my book to pay a lot of money for one!!

Ming the Happy

Most of the time performance does not matter as the road conditions and other traffic mean that the drivers ability is far more important than the cars. (Remind me to tell you about the Skoda and the Calibra Turbo one day) So long as the car is driveable and has plenty of grunt (The Zed is both) then it will out perform most road conditions.

Many a car with good PAPER stats is on the road quite un impressive and others that should not perform as they do often shine.

Most of the time the car you drive is either pootling along in traffic or sat uotside your house and in both of those situations the Zed LOOKS great.

Ming the Happy

OK, but would you buy one if they cost £60k? ;)

Honest answers only please...:lol:

Ming the Happy

I wouldnt, id get a segaris ;)

Ming the Happy

Is that a cheap version of the SAGARIS?? LOL

Maybe its a Blackpool Import version!!

Honest reply.

NO WAY.

If I had £60 G to spend there are other cars that I would head for straight away (Not all of them new I might add!)

I paid a lot of money - TO ME - for the Zed and in my opinion it was the best in the price bracket. There is ALWAYS a better car if you have the money!

TVR. No way No Way! I have driven one (4 litre Cerbera!! - 0 to 60 in 3.9 I believe) and they are BLISTERINGLY quick alright but the build quality is VERY POOR.

Still might fancy an M5. (Ooops there I go again standing up for poor old BMW)

Ming the Thoughtful

Ming the Happy

Is that a cheap version of the SAGARIS?? LOL

Maybe its a Blackpool Import version!!

Honest reply.

NO WAY.

If I had £60 G to spend there are other cars that I would head for straight away (Not all of them new I might add!)

I paid a lot of money - TO ME - for the Zed and in my opinion it was the best in the price bracket. There is ALWAYS a better car if you have the money!

TVR. No way No Way! I have driven one (4 litre Cerbera!! - 0 to 60 in 3.9 I believe) and they are BLISTERINGLY quick alright but the build quality is VERY POOR.

Still might fancy an M5. (Ooops there I go again standing up for poor old BMW)

Ming the Thoughtful

Whoops that was the UK version not the Russian ;), I want the Sagaris :p

Highly ammusing that you got banned Kev. Quite enojyed your banter on the other side. They really don't like getting advice. I mentioned that the amount of bs posts makes the OC appear to non members (who only get one forum) as though they only talk about bs.

Wasn't well taken :p

Kev,

You best be careful or you may even get banned just for talking about BMW engines.

You noticed.....:lol: :lol:

Figthing for free speech mate....:lol:

Did you notice the difference. I've posted exactly then same remark about the Engine Awards for the VQ and the difference in hostility is quite significant. It's comments on threads like this which do the OC no favours whatsoever, even though the person in question thinks he's doinng the OC a service. This is in the members section in the OC though.

Kev,

Just not worth it now as he and a couple of other just wastes your time, I have better things to do. I only added to the Trackday thread since I know you may have issues with noise and did not want you to find out too late.

This is very friendly place to be, no one has attitude and they are helpful without demanding money. They accept people with different viewpoint so I really appreciate it.

Kev,

Just not worth it now as he and a couple of other just wastes your time, I have better things to do. I only added to the Trackday thread since I know you may have issues with noise and did not want you to find out too late.

This is very friendly place to be, no one has attitude and they are helpful without demanding money. They accept people with different viewpoint so I really appreciate it.

I agree it's not worth it but since as always it's the minority over there, I'm always ready to stand up for myself. Also don't forget I don't have a Zed anymore.

I also agree that people are more pleasant here. You've only have to read the 2 threads about the engine awards to see that.

Here's to free speech. :thumbs: