Banned

Kev946

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digsy!

Been a member here for a while now, usually just lurking!! I think our posts, diplomatic and not taking sides, were deleted as they made no sense when other posts were deleted! AFAIK all deleted threads are still kept for the record.

The impression I get is that the whole incident, actions on both sides, is not looked upon favourably by the OC members and admin.

Kev

I would just forget about what happened - as you say it might just have been a couple of people there, it may or may not have been personal, but 99% of the people there, including the mods/admin, are just interested in getting the most out of the Z, including myself. I get that information from here, the OC, from the US, by word of mouth, and then I pass it on to my dealer before they mess my car up :D

Congratulations Kev :lol:

You can't say anything over there without upsetting that lot. Made a couple of post the other night, within minutes I was getting wound up and ended up lowering the tone :blush: My posts were immediately deleted to which I received a caution - LOL :D . Very good a covering their tracks and making that place look prim and proper.

Ahhh well lets see how many members renew membership!!!

Ahhh well lets see how many members renew membership

That's the point, the moderators may think they are doing these things in the best interest of the OC, but from PM's and comments I've read in threads we all know this is not the case.

BTW the Thread on Deleted Posts put up by Teatowel, (No 8 in my summary), has now been re-instated. Clearly some of the moderators over there think it was wrong to delete this thread. Mind you all of my postings from this thread have been removed....:lol:

Chubbs just posted this......:lol:

Sarnie, we don't delete posts just because they are not in line with certain people's opinions. That's just a wrong assertion.

Posts are deleted for various reasons, as they are on most forums, but not just because the opinion expressed differs from the opinion of any moderator. Just take a look at the topics Sarnie - and the sheer volume of threads - There are probably tens of thousands of posts. Do you really think that the mods agree with every view expressed in them???

Generally something is only deleted if it is considered to be offensive, detrimental to the club, untrue, illegal, inflammatory, harmful etc - and even then sometimes posts that fall into some of these categories don't automatically get deleted. Often a pm message and a discussion with the person concerned is all that is needed - because the vast majority of users here are reasonable people.

In fact the vast majority of deletions we carry out are requested by the person who did the post, for reasons of their own.

The good of the club is far and away our main concern and it will always be that way.

Sarnie - please note that your post has not been deleted, even though it accuses mods of being unprofessional!!!!

So were my posts "offensive, detrimental to the club, untrue, illegal, inflammatory, harmful". None of these, only facts. They were deleted simply because I disagreed with a moderator. Also I was not PM'd to discuss anything just banned with no reason given.

I can't answer back over there but the lies continue...... :angry:

Hey .... Hi Kev ! :teeth:

The imfamous SNAKE PLISKIN is here ;)

Have we found sactuary at this site ?

What a bloomin shambles over at the OC eh ... amazed that they banned you mate ... that is just staggering !

Just read through this thread & a bit late now but will post more soon and look forward with interest at how the OC forum top bods reply to your enquiry to them.

Crikey, never thought posting could get that heated ... what did i do ... who'd of thought changing my Zed to a BMW would have caused so much friction :wacko:

Look forward to chatting to you guys and wished I had joined sooner ... have seen the OC lot in a different light after all the goings on !

Cheers, Snake :thumbs:

Certainly looks like you have had very unfair treatment Kev. It all seems very narrow minded by the OC. I only wish that the PM's you recieved in support were actually posted rather then PM'd on the OC. This way there is more of a fair view rather than one behind closed doors.

They are plenty of cars that are faster than the Z. No need fopr them to throw the rattle out of the pram if they don't like it. Plenty of cars have their own merits which are better than the Z. Personally I do love the Z. Great looks, and handling for the money.

Why dont they ban any post to do with other cars if they're that single minded. Seemed to remember the plenty of praise the Focus STI was given by one member who though it was best thing since sliced bread after selling Z. No ban there.

surely the fact that the guy is a friend of theirs and an ex "management" doesn't make any difference? ;)

I remember when he tried to say that his (at the time) GT4 wheels were forged and weighed less than my own. I then turned up with a set of scales for him to take his wheel off and weigh and end the argument: of course he never did. His excuse was he was worried of scratching the wheel :lol: Then he started again posting that his wheel were forged etc, and when I called BS on him again, he got upset and PMd me in CAPS TO NEVER SPEAK TO HIM AGAIN :lol: (still got all the conversation somewhere, was hilarious, made me laugh for days)

PS Focus's, are just that ;)

LOL just found the pic of his GT4 and the set of scales in the bag

Mike,

There were posts up supporting me but these have beed deleted, (don't forget 2 threads were deleted).

I suggested the "Other Cars" Section on the OC be renamed "Other Cars provided you don't mention anything which might be faster that the 350z" ......:lol:

When I first bought a 350z, I never imagined that I had bought into such a political hotbed. :headhurt:

It amazes me how much time people seem to spend in this forum vs. forum standoff, that keeps rearing up and showing its ugly head.

He said this, she said that, I did this.......blah blah blah, bollocks bollocks.

And BOTH boards are equally as bad, however people dress it up.

Hey .... Hi Kev ! :teeth:

The imfamous SNAKE PLISKIN is here ;)

Have we found sactuary at this site ?

What a bloomin shambles over at the OC eh ... amazed that they banned you mate ... that is just staggering !

Just read through this thread & a bit late now but will post more soon and look forward with interest at how the OC forum top bods reply to your enquiry to them.

Crikey, never thought posting could get that heated ... what did i do ... who'd of thought changing my Zed to a BMW would have caused so much friction :wacko:

Look forward to chatting to you guys and wished I had joined sooner ... have seen the OC lot in a different light after all the goings on !

Cheers, Snake :thumbs:

:welcome: Hi there, Snake! Good to see you over here.

Ahhh well lets see how many members renew membership

That's the point, the moderators may think they are doing these things in the best interest of the OC, but from PM's and comments I've read in threads we all know this is not the case.

BTW the Thread on Deleted Posts put up by Teatowel, (No 8 in my summary), has now been re-instated. Clearly some of the moderators over there think it was wrong to delete this thread. Mind you all of my postings from this thread have been removed....:lol:

Or they have re-instated it because they are reading this thread (as viewed 680 time, by the 350z community) and realise that we offer the freedom to discuss and they charge £30 to the same community for very little in return and people are wising up to them.

As for the www.DELETED.co.uk and about the rights to the web address. I paid for it, I own it,

I was treated the same way in December as yourself, and if the powers that be at the oc had spent as much effort on retaining the name as they did on ridiculing me and then banning me then they could have owned it. I only purchased it to post my issues with the OC in the Z community as at the time there was no other UK alterative but this site changed that.

I have offered to direct it to any 350Z site on the net but chose to direct it here as there were no offers

I have never posted on any of these non 350Z related threads as I frequently find them childish, sad and a waste of energy but having just read the latest response to Sarnie's simple question for clarification about the rules on post deletions the reply from one of the mods made my blood boil ..

'Posts can be deleted if they contain inferences '... so mods over there will delete your posts if THEY think your post INFERS something ! :angry::angry:

I read the various threads about BMWs etc referred to in this thread ( I said I never posted on them... I frequently read them for amusement .. ;) ). I did not see anything from Kev that warranted banning.

So glad I never payed up to become a member.... Means I won't loose anything by stopping posting there ( I used to frequent both sites but not any more I don't think ).

I think I will stick to the free world from now on....

It all seems pretty daft to me and although I've not read the other thread (even if it wasn't deleted :D ), I believe bans should be a last resort if someone gets really nasty. Just banning someone for sounding an opinion seems pretty silly, especially if they've *paid* to post such opinions.

I found this site days after the other site started charging and while at first I went to both sites, I only go here these days mostly. I decided I'd never get my money's worth as I couldn't really see what I was paying for. I know forums cost money to run, but a small fee (ie. a quid or so if that?) per member would probably cover any bandwidth costs. I don't know who pays for that over here, but thanks and there should be a way to contribute for those who wish to as well maybe?

Anyway, glad to see some new faces (and some familiar ones! :D ) over here either way! :thumbs:

I have never posted on any of these non 350Z related threads as I frequently find them childish, sad and a waste of energy but having just read the latest response to Sarnie's simple question for clarification about the rules on post deletions the reply from one of the mods made my blood boil ..

'Posts can be deleted if they contain inferences '... so mods over there will delete your posts if THEY think your post INFERS something ! :angry::angry:

I read the various threads about BMWs etc referred to in this thread ( I said I never posted on them... I frequently read them for amusement .. ;) ). I did not see anything from Kev that warranted banning.

So glad I never payed up to become a member.... Means I won't loose anything by stopping posting there ( I used to frequent both sites but not any more I don't think ).

I think I will stick to the free world from now on....

So what are you inferring? ;):lol: