Banned

Kev946

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a waste of 20 minutes of my life that was :dry:

Don't agree with some of the comments and censorship on the oc ( although as some posts have been deleted then I can't see what they were ), but it also appears there were some people who were more than happy to stir it where appropriate ;) , you know what i mean. :)

I agree that if you don't wan't to read/comment about bmw's then don't read the "other Cars " part of the site - some people are just too easily wound up . :dry:

I have to say that Snake's record , on a 350Z site, sounded broken after the first few posts though. :surrender:

Gus

Just caught up with this.

I don't particulalrly like the aforementioned German brand for various reasons, but I'd never take it personally or dislike anyone for their choice of car or opinion. Does seem very harsh Kev and I haven't even read the thread on the other site - can't even be bothered to get that far.

Stay here, all are welcome! :thumbs:

Just caught up with this.

I don't particulalrly like the aforementioned German brand for various reasons, but I'd never take it personally or dislike anyone for their choice of car or opinion. Does seem very harsh Kev and I haven't even read the thread on the other site - can't even be bothered to get that far.

Stay here, all are welcome! :thumbs:

Thanks Mate. I plan to summarise what happened later and including a name & shame of the moderators in question. :teeth:

I now fully understand what happened and the build up to me being banned from the 350z OC and would like to share this with you all. Feel free to read the threads which are left, but please be aware that Moderators deleted some of the evidence.

This was disgraceful behaviour by 2 moderators in particular; P15 and Chubbs, and I have been blamed for inappropriate behaviour and my posting rights removed. Interestingly, I’ve had a number of PM’s in my support saying how badly this was dealt with by the moderators. Also, you are either in favour with the OC or not. I was picked upon, whilst Snake Pilskin who was also posting similar merits of the BMW range and questioning the censorship, was left alone. Let me add that I do not believe that either of us did anything wrong. We were simply sharing our experiences of a new car with the 350z, in the Other Cars section I may add.

I will try and summarise this and make it as short as possible.

1. Snake Pilskin puts a thread up entitled “BMW 330i beats 350z 0-60â€

I see it like this: as a former owner and most likely not renewing the membership fee In December, nobody from the "management team" over there was particularly bothered about

1- not having you on board anymore

2- even more so when comparing other brands to the Z and saying it's not the best car on earth (which it isn't btw)

Ah well, we value anyone's input here, especially former owners who have had the possibility to drive the Z and compare it with other cars.

:)

PS You bad boy you :teeth:B)

What happed to Kev946 is one of the more extreme examples of what's been slowly happening on the OC over the last few months.

2 or 3 moderators over there are acting like the thought-police. If you don't follow the party-line and worship at the great god 350Z & OC and dare suggest that the 350Z isn't perfect and everything on the OC isn't just fine & dandy you risk trouble from the mods.

I understand that occasionally mods have to edit or delete posts if the content is offensive or blatant trolling, but simply saying, for example, that another car is better than the 350Z is not in that category. Then deleting any posts that question why the thread has been edited/posts deleted is unnecessary censorship. It will just end up discouraging people from posting and, ultimately, from staying on the forum.

I now fully understand what happened and the build up to me being banned from the 350z OC and would like to share this with you all. Feel free to read the threads which are left, but please be aware that Moderators deleted some of the evidence.

This was disgraceful behaviour by 2 moderators in particular; P15 and Chubbs, and I have been blamed for inappropriate behaviour and my posting rights removed. Interestingly, I’ve had a number of PM’s in my support saying how badly this was dealt with by the moderators. Also, you are either in favour with the OC or not. I was picked upon, whilst Snake Pilskin who was also posting similar merits of the BMW range and questioning the censorship, was left alone. Let me add that I do not believe that either of us did anything wrong. We were simply sharing our experiences of a new car with the 350z, in the Other Cars section I may add.

I will try and summarise this and make it as short as possible.

1. Snake Pilskin puts a thread up entitled “BMW 330i beats 350z 0-60â€

Serves you right for a) buying a bmw and B) a butt ugly one at that ;)

But seriously :teeth: I'm constantly amazed at how stupidly defensive people an be about their cars on forums - you want to try the Mitsubishi Lancer Register for some serious abuse. It seems so important to some people to have the 'best' car!

I think it may be something to do with the fact that we're divided by a 'wall' of electronics - you'd never hear some of the things said if you were face to face...

I love both our cars (even though one 'looks like a hearse' (the cheeky wife said first time she saw it!) - they both leave me with a huge smile on my face after a decent drive, and I'd buy both all over again.

They're not the best cars out there, but bang-for-buck, both are hard to beat. There will always be someone faster/more powerful/better looking sharing the road/hogging the fast lane (Iwontmentionanynamesjustfollowmyeyes!!!!!!).

In fact, a chav in a polished Nova could probably beat me on the road - if he was willing to take more risks thant I would :boxing:

FFS, they're only cars eh - there's more to life!

Thanks Guys for your support. I won't let this lie for one main reason. I paid £30 membership... :angry:

Just thought you may also be interested that the Thread posted by Teatowel mention in (8) in my summary has now been deleted. Seems like the 2 moderators in question are starting to cover up their tracks by removing anything which may incriminate them... :angry:

Winged Rodent - Like your summary and well put... :thumbs:

What happed to Kev946 is one of the more extreme examples of what's been slowly happening on the OC over the last few months.

2 or 3 moderators over there are acting like the thought-police. If you don't follow the party-line and worship at the great god 350Z & OC and dare suggest that the 350Z isn't perfect and everything on the OC isn't just fine & dandy you risk trouble from the mods.

Just wondering.... (and maybe a bit off topic)

why would ANY forum in the world be worth £30 / year to be able to post on it? :wacko:

@Kev: its no great loss i guess, plenty of forums to hang around ;)

I came from the audi TT forum, and some people overthere have posted harsh comments about the 350Z too (well, about any other car basically, as on any marques forum, so no big deal :D), but they never do it directly towards an owner. Lots of ex-TT drivers still frequent the other marques section to talk about and show their new (non-TT) cars, and nobody ever gets personally insulted about the car they bought.

Id say, let them have their L33T 350Z club, plenty of non-ignorant ppl outthere to talk to ;)

Joris (happy free member of 350z-uk.com B) )

To be honest this attitude has been prevalent on the OC for ages. When I was selling my car Chubbs was selling his as well. There was plenty of derogatory comments made about the state of my car and the quality of my pics. Again these were made by mods. When trying to flog my car to a newie Giles even said that he would always buy a members car over a users :wacko: How he came to that conclusion without ever meeting me or seeing my car i'll never know. One thing that is really cringeworthy is the harrassment of newbies to cough up some dough to join the 'Club'. If the OC was the only 350z site I would of joined up, but its not. They act like this place does not exist whatsoever which is plain stupid. I only found this place cos of a thread asking why a person kept getting diverted to another zed site when incorrectly typing the url.

My opinion of the OC is that a few people are spoiling it for everyone. 95% of the people over there have no idea about the past issues or if they do, they don't give a @*!#. If a few people grew up and acted there ages then both sites could be enjoying joint meets with over 40 zeds B)

With regard to Kev946 I am appalled at how you have been treated. Of the posts that I read I didn't see you swear or insult anyone. The only thing that I saw you do was justify your reasons with facts. If the 330 is 0.1 secs quicker than the zed, so what. If the dealers are better, so what. I can understand people getting banned for voicing their opinions if they are highly offensive, racist, homophobic, xenophobic or sexist. But to be banned for posting facts? :scare:

Liam

To be honest this attitude has been prevalent on the OC for ages. When I was selling my car Chubbs was selling his as well. There was plenty of derogatory comments made about the state of my car and the quality of my pics. Again these were made by mods. When trying to flog my car to a newie Giles even said that he would always buy a members car over a users :wacko: How he came to that conclusion without ever meeting me or seeing my car i'll never know. One thing that is really cringeworthy is the harrassment of newbies to cough up some dough to join the 'Club'. If the OC was the only 350z site I would of joined up, but its not. They act like this place does not exist whatsoever which is plain stupid. I only found this place cos of a thread asking why a person kept getting diverted to another zed site when incorrectly typing the url.

My opinion of the OC is that a few people are spoiling it for everyone. 95% of the people over there have no idea about the past issues or if they do, they don't give a @*!#. If a few people grew up and acted there ages then both sites could be enjoying joint meets with over 40 zeds B)

With regard to Kev946 I am appalled at how you have been treated. Of the posts that I read I didn't see you swear or insult anyone. The only thing that I saw you do was justify your reasons with facts. If the 330 is 0.1 secs quicker than the zed, so what. If the dealers are better, so what. I can understand people getting banned for voicing their opinions if they are highly offensive, racist, homophobic, xenophobic or sexist. But to be banned for posting facts? :scare:

Liam

:clap:

Sod em Kev, wave the £30 goodbye and keep on going. People can slag cars off all they like, it ain't gonna change people's opinions, because they're exactly that. Real world here IMO.

:lol: Sarnie I never knew about that, when you were selling your kuro Z! that's just pathetic :rolleyes:

Also, did you find us by following the link to www.DELETED.co.uk ?

:lol:

Thats what somebody was doing. It may of been Hagar if I remember correctly? There was a big palarva about the rights to the web address etc etc. Thats when I was alerted to this site's presence. Bet your so happy about that :yahoo: