Brand New to the 350z Scene

vincentt

Hey guys,

I am about to start my journey of looking for a 350z, I went to see one today and MY GOSH it was such an amazing experience! A gentleman was selling one near me and I went to see it for the first time in real life and I was blown away. I asked to take it out on a straight to test it out, then he suggested that i take it for a longer spin and we were driving for about 40minutes! i have never done 60mph in second and i was thinking between this and the TypeR EP3 and this is winning so far!

The only problem with the car is that its prices quite high for my intended budget (7700) he wants about 8500.

the car is a UK car with about 60k on the clock. the exterior is mind, but inside the gear knob is scratched, the door handle on the inside is also scratched so i am guessing that the guy who had it before him had a ring? The gentleman selling is a truck driver who wants a more economical car (he was driving a Punto before i believe)

He has got me addicted! i was originally planning to spend about 7k on a higher mileage car and possible a FairladyZ but after today i think that it will be the one wreckless decision i make before i buy a house!

I will use this as a blog of my journey and hopefully some input from you petrol heads!! :drunk:

Dont worry to much about the interior niggles,mine was the same & it only had 40k on the clock,not loads of money to sort out,i re-furbed my seats(liqued leather)changed my gear knob & bought new oem mats for £160,worry more about service history,bodywork& no pre acc damage,good luck with your s :thumbs: earch

ohh just wanted to ask since i have never driven a different one.

the clutch was pretty stiff (relative to my polo) and the gears were slightly harder to shift (relative to my polo) is this the norm?

yes

more power = bigger clutch.

to be honest i found the zed clutch quiet light considering the engine size

Welcome.

Dont forget to check for clicky axle as well... :thumbs:

they all have clicky axles, to be honest i've come to accept that its just a zed thing these days. unless a previous owner has fitted the uprated parts they will already haved the clicks or will get them at some point.

and the impairment on driving = 0

check for a good service history, no long gaps or missed services. shoudl all be doen every 9k

ah ok mate, the only mods ive done is the exhaust, springs and alloys, which i can swap for the orginal rays, i wouldnt swap the exhaust back though as this exhaust sounds amazing, the kit is all factory fitted, and a possible bargain for anyone who makes an offer

Im moving to egypt for a while with the misses and doing my padi scuba courses, then im not sure where ill be, im not really a planning type of person

Welcome mate

Spend a little bit more if you can - its worth it in the long run. Keep an eye on the forum for sale if you don't go for this one - you can check the history on a forum car much easier than you can elsewhere due to the handy 'advanced search' function!

The clutch feels VERY heavy when compared to a more suburban run around........I think a few people have swapped them out for Exedy clutches which are light (I believe).

Luckily the engine is very versatile so driving round town is actually a fairly relaxing event.

Good luck!! :thumbs:

Thanks again guys, you're all so welcoming :)

the guy that i am bidding on is this one. my max bid is 8000 and i think he mentioned that his reserve was 8700. but after i saw him and told him of the mis-match of expectations in sale value between buyers and sellers he lowered his reserve (to what i am unsure) but he was a genuinely please guy who saw the excitement in my eyes when i heard the engine rumble for the first time. still suprised he let me drive it for like an hour!

I only want a stock car, never been a fan of modding.. also you guys ever worry about your car being vandalised by scumbags?

also out of interest, what kind of jobs do you guys do?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MEBIDX:IT

also you guys ever worry about your car being vandalised by scumbags?

also out of interest, what kind of jobs do you guys do?

Yes, it's always in the back of your mind. I'm fortunate to live in an isolated spot, so isolated that delivery companies can't find us, I have my own private lane and I can park right outside my back door :) . When I'm out I'm careful where I park, I have "safe areas" in most places I visit regularly...no guarantee though. My wife has to park her roadster in a supermarket carpark close to her work, she parked her Z4 there for 2 years without problems, but it's a worry of course.

I used to be a Chemist working in the oil business, but now I'm retired :D.

Welcome to the forum BTW!!

Pete

im in the same position as you, looking for a zed...... :yahoo:

Hey guys,

So i didnt win the one i wanted a few days ago. however i am not giving up.

i am going to try and get this one for 8500. what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

hopefully he is a member here?

listed as a gt but no rays, i'd question this

exactly what i though when i posted in the newbie section, this has got to be the most welcoming car forum :thumbs:

im in the same position as you, looking for a zed...... :yahoo:

Hey guys,

So i didnt win the one i wanted a few days ago. however i am not giving up.

i am going to try and get this one for 8500. what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

hopefully he is a member here?

listed as a gt but no rays, i'd question this

exactly what i though when i posted in the newbie section, this has got to be the most welcoming car forum :thumbs:

haha i hope you dont try and go for the one i have :p i can push about another 700 :p