What watch to buy?

350zStephen

Anyone on here into their watches? I purchased a Tag Heuer Forumula 1 Chronograph watch from Goldsmiths at the weekend, and I am not too happy with the weight of the watch and quality of the strap.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product/tag-heuer-formula-1-gents-chronograph-watch-17380340

I am planning to take it back tomorrow, and look for a replacement. Ideally I am looking for something in the same price bracket (£800-£900)

Ideas please people..

Cheers :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a couple of BRIEL's. About £3 -400. Nicely weighted. Quite fancy a TAG but big bucks for the nice ones as you have found out....

Citezen ECO Drives are cool too.

Depends on what style you like. A seamaster of course is the tops...... so is the price :teeth:

Omega Seamaster :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

... then you can pretend to be James Bond :lol::lol::lol:

I have a blue Sea Master (as i wanted to be different) and love it to bits. Its a great watch,never let me down,and although i wear it every day,the bracelet is scratched to hell,but the glass is totally un scratched,despite my best efforts,and i work with sharp tough metals,carbon fibre etc,day in day out. Cant beat an Omega,much better than a Tag.

No way leave the seamasters alone! I have one as my everyday watch and it's forever in the shop! Loses loads of sec a day! :thumbdown:

Had it 10 years now and I would never get another one!

Fired a shot gun and it broke the spring inside, that cost $400 canadian to repair!

Goes in every two years for a service and that about £150 ( bugger that's about due again) :rant:

As for something to buy it depends on what you like! Day wear watch, save and get a rolex, dress watch ebell! Lovely looking watches and last well!

However it's something you will have for a long time so it's really up to you! :thumbs:

Omega Seamaster :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

... then you can pretend to be James Bond :lol::lol::lol:

I have a blue Sea Master (as i wanted to be different) and love it to bits. Its a great watch,never let me down,and although i wear it every day,the bracelet is scratched to hell,but the glass is totally un scratched,despite my best efforts,and i work with sharp tough metals,carbon fibre etc,day in day out. Cant beat an Omega,much better than a Tag.

Mines blue :lol: and yes that glass is great never had a drama with that at all and I work with tracked vehicles all day! So that is a plus!

Actually thinking about it... I don't even wear a watch. I had a Suunto X-Lander but the strap broke 3 years ago...... not been replaced.... not been missed.

If I want to know the time I look at my phone....... Hands up who does not go anywhere with out a phone...... so why spend £££ on a watch.... simples :thumbs:

mmmmm with £800 that could be a nice few mod's on the Zed :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Everyone has the blue Seamaster ;) Well everyone who has an Omega it seems. I'd go with the Ocean if you want to be a little different. The Speedmaster is nice too, but the glass is very soft and can't take knocks too well.

Get the black and don't go for the quartz. The Automatics aren't much more and you don't have to crack them open, only when they are serviced.

Omegas much nicer than a Breitling too; they are a bit showy IMHO.

Bradders.

I was looking at a Tag when we went shopping on the Saturday at Wales, but didnt bother in the end - they still look quite nice though. I have also looked at Movado too, but again not bothered.

Most of my watches have a blue face - I have a few "cheap" watches which are Fossil. I get them in America as they are about half the price or less than the same watches in the UK. Most are waterproof, and at I think the most expensive being about £50 and the cheapest maybe £30, I dont care if I scratch them - yet they still look different and stylish.

What I dont like is that the womens versions of the "expensive" watches are almost always more expensive than the gents versions, yet are about half the size. Very annoying.

Personally I've always fancied a Rado watch.

Ceramic strap and allegedly the screen can only be scratched by a diamond.......although I'm not sure I'd want to prove it.

I have two Rados ........... great watches ....... one is almost 30 years old and is unmarked ..... but for exclusivity try a Zed Watch

post-5517-135011893371_thumb.jpg

Yours for £200.00 or I will take you TAG in exchange if you want

There is so many different watches out there, its very difficult to choose one I like. :lol:

I have spent the last half hour looking at the wtches sub-forum on PistonHeads, and there is a lot of crackers on there.

The Z watch looks sweet ATTAK, but as it is not to my taste unforunately, but thanks for the offer. :thumbs:

The Rado watches are out of my price bracket, and Omega's are also too expensive.

Marcus, I never even thought about haggling with the lady in the store, I noticed that they did interest free credit, and I didn't even think about asking for a discount as I was paying cash.. doh! :bangin:

There is so many different watches out there, its very difficult to choose one I like. :lol:

I have spent the last half hour looking at the wtches sub-forum on PistonHeads, and there is a lot of crackers on there.

The Z watch looks sweet ATTAK, but as it is not to my taste unforunately, but thanks for the offer. :thumbs:

The Rado watches are out of my price bracket, and Omega's are also too expensive.

Marcus, I never even thought about haggling with the lady in the store, I noticed that they did interest free credit, and I didn't even think about asking for a discount as I was paying cash.. doh! :bangin:

They will discount everything less the rolexs! Not sure on omega prices now but I paid a little over £900 for mine!!

Take tag back! Say it was a gift for someone and they don't like it!( make sure it's a different store)

Save more get something else! Tax free on your next holiday! Or ask someone to pick you the one you like up!

I have a day off work tomorrow, so I will return it to another store. On the receipt, it states I can get a full refund within 14 days if the watch is pristine. I wore it on a night out on saturday, it does not have a mark on it, and I never even removed the plastic from the strap so hopefully I have no issues. But you know what some companies are like, they are only happy taking your money off you.

I feel kinda bad as the warranty certificate & cert of autheticity is dated with my details on it. Surely the watch can not be resold? Or will they get new cards from Tag?

save and buy a franck muller, thats the next thing after i finish spending on the zed. Told nicole she can get me one as an engagement present since her rings costing a 5 figure some from tiffanys when the time comes lol