What watch to buy?

350zStephen

Horses for courses. :shrug:

Without wishing to portray myself as a fat Gok Wan, it also depends on the person and their wrists. My watch doesnt look that OTT on my wrist in my opinion as I have quite large wrists, but on my brothers it most certainly does - so his watch is different. :shrug:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Dad recently bought a new Rolex (before the price increase that I mentioned in the previous page) and it's not really to my taste being gold with a gold face and diamonds. Too bling for me HOWEVER it suits him. It still felt nice on though! :thumbs: Although I'd rather have had a 370Z...... :lol::lol:

Watches are a personal thing. My Dad wouldn't wear my Tag as it's not to his taste. As Chris said - Horses for courses

ALL these watches (bar possibly the B&R) are SO over the top, in your face and awfully ostentatious!

How can you take any of them seriously?

Bought myself a lovley Rado a few years ago. Subtle, plain, classic... lovely...

2062828?$detail475$

Nahhh ...the Rado doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, as for the ostentatious point, your driving a 350z FFS :lol:

Raymond Weil in my books.... Good quality great looks and not copied by every Tom dick and Harry. He says that whilst wearing his Armani watch :lol: but my next one will be a Raymond for sure.

+1 worn my Raymond Weil everyday for 10 years and still love it.

I looked at buying the same Tag but agree that it feels a bit lightweight and dare I say it, 'cheap'. Went for the Omega Planet Ocean in the end. A fair bit more expensive but 10x better quality. It's a once in a lifetime purchase (for now...) so worth spending a bit if you can afford it. Break down the cost over 20 years and it doesn't seem so bad!

• 2 weeks later...

Missus just bought a supposedly "new with tags" watch for her mum off ebay. Only a cheapo £30 job (should be £50 new). When it arrived it has clearly been worn for some time as the plating is wearing off the clasps and shoulders, and the battery is dead, making it at least two years old Id guess.

I really cant abide people who are dishonest on ebay. bloody annoys me. :dry:

Missus just bought a supposedly "new with tags" watch for her mum off ebay. Only a cheapo £30 job (should be £50 new). When it arrived it has clearly been worn for some time as the plating is wearing off the clasps and shoulders, and the battery is dead, making it at least two years old Id guess.

I really cant abide people who are dishonest on ebay. bloody annoys me. :dry:

I thought eBay was cyber language for 'Only 20% of the stuff is real / worth it'!

Never really been ripped off before, its always been fairly useful and weve dealt with honest people previously. First time in all the time Tracy has been using it that weve been sticthed up and purposefully lied to. Oh well, complaint raised and hopefully we will get someone with half a brain at paypal to see weve been had and get the money back.