LakeZ 2011 Fri 24th, Sat 25th Sunday 26th June

martinmac

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this from Jonathan. :)

Hi Guys,

I just called in at the Heaves hotel this afternoon, as we had had a query about accomodation and whether or not it was booked or still available, so here is what is left as of 2.30 this afternoon.

There are only 2 double rooms and 2 twin rooms for the Friday and Saturday night, that's it, so if you want to stay in the hotel itself it might be an idea to book it sooner rather than later. They are a kind of old fashioned hotel though, no fancy technology here just a diary and a pen, so if you don't receive email notification of your reservation don't be too surprised, but its a fabulous location for a meet, the grounds are lovely.

Obviously there will be plenty of room for campers on site and there is a Travelodge Travelodge - Hotel overview just around the corner, and Kendal has several nice hotels and a few B&B's so there are plenty of alternatives should you find the hotel is booked up.

If anyone has any questions or wants any help with where to stay, please feel free to give me or Martin Mac a shout.

Looking forward to next summer already...

Jonathan.

so if you don't receive email notification of your reservation don't be too surprised, but its a fabulous location for a meet, the grounds are lovely.

Jonathan.

Yeah, Caroline was getting a bit concerned as they hadn't contacted us, which originally they promised to do. Anyway, she gave them a quick buzz and both confirmed our booking and that they wouldn't be contacting us again, so presumably they won't be needing a deposit :shrug: . Good news is that I've convinced Caroline to drive her roadster up there, so that's one extra Zed :yahoo:

Pete

Heaves have been in contact and asked for £20 deposit which has been sent. So anyone who hasnt been requested for a deposit one may be comming your way.

Not what they told us last night :wacko: . How did they contact you? Just checked my E-Mail and there's nothing there from Heaves, I'm pretty certain its booked in my name.

Pete

Polly and I have booked one of the cottages...that took several phone calls to secure a week's stay as it was outwith their normal changeover times...thankfully they accomodated our request...but in my experience you need to stay in contact with them until deposit is taken nothing's confirmed :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Camping.......... Raotflmfao.

I couldnt imagine my wife in a tent! The thought, and the look on my wifes face... Priceless

The entire boot will be filled up with cases (at least 2 outfits a day) and beauty products (everything a woman could possibly need) (and a bit more). Id be lucky to get the cubby for my bits. Will book in somewhere on monday. lol