LakeZ 2011 Fri 24th, Sat 25th Sunday 26th June

martinmac

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a great idea. I will wait to confirm some details and get onto it.

The biggest turnout on here would be the Wales meets. For the LakeZ meet we do have z club and 300zx forum to boost the numbers though.

Personally I cant understand why owners dont get more involved, with the numbers we have on this forum we should be able to get some amazing numbers at the shows and meets.

I thought you may like to do the route for the drive out Andrew. I was thinking the coast around you would work well. :)

No probs, the "south road" as i call it has gone unappreciated for too long! ;)

Don't think having tea and biccies at mine will be an option though with several dozen Zeds, will have to put a load of straws in a bucket of tea or something :lol:

Route would have to be an out-and-back job (no bad thing on that road) unless people fancy some serious milage doing a Lap of Cumbria - Would be very senic though, and an epic day out.

We have a serious challenge to beat the turnout by the RS owner club, they get 200+ cars there every year.

Its doable but we need to really support this event to do it. Visually it would be amazing if we got anywhere near these numbers.

Agreed 200 is a large number if we got 100+ that would be epic by any means. All members could be messaged and like I say venue and party afterwards would be the icing on the cake. Maybe some other ideas from other members would be good.

Just think of the photo opportunities!!

Provisionally a date has been agreed. We will have confirmation soon after checking that another owners club dont need the date. Camping £5, bargain.

The drive out is being discussed, we want to take in as many great views as we can without getting too bogged down it traffic.

There is some lovely accomodation in the main hotel and self catering too for those that dont trust the weather.

I will start to update the original post with confirmed details very soon. :)

Well it looks like this is going to happen. We are still in the planning stage so I will update the first post as details come in. The plan is to hold this in June but not the first week as it will clash with Taton Park.

It will be a weekend event, Friday/ Saturday and Sunday. The venue we are approaching is very car friendly and hosts many car meets and shows during the year. The RS owners attned with around 200 cars every year and are very well looked after.

There will be a drive out for those that want it. Camping is an option but there are limited rooms at the venue and plenty of other options close by.

You will be about 30 minutes from the central lake district so lots of things to do if you want to nip off for a while.

I am hoping that the Scots members may travel down for this as they miss out on many of the big Jap shows down south.

Sp for the moment this thread is for discussion, suggestions and expressions of interest. It would be good to get a feel for numbers early on.

I look forward to seeing many of you there and hope this is an event that will get established and grow year by year.

1/ FAST EDDIE

2/ JK240

3/ Rothers 2901

4/ Wasso

5/ Shuck

6/ unabashed

7/ Jak

8/ The G Man

9/ Paulie

10/ Ricey

11/ Vik54

12/ Neilp

13/ Max

14/ Wilky

15/ Quavey

16/ JK24

17/ DoogyRev

18/ Zugara

19) AK350Z

20) Zed2k

21) Ray100

22) vpulsar

23) martinmac

34) toon chris

35) Steve Burns

36) Arkwright

37) richiep

38) malcolmpaul

39) Munty

40) Aceman

41) Tony b

42) Jan

43) funkysi

44) Gibby

45)

LakeZ 2011 is now confirmed for Fri 24th, Sat 25th and Sunday 26th June 2011. :yahoo:

It will be at the Heaves Hotel near Kendal. Obviously there will be lots more information to come now we have a set date but keep checking out the thread and keep adding the names. The more that attend the better deals we can get. :thumbs: