New gear changing technique

ATTAK Z

I tried driving with my legs crossed once when I was about 19, it nearly ended really badly

this sound like a job for super shed! car.. when its time is up i'll find a field and do this!

I used to have a sub and amp in an old bmw which would occasionally switch off, and i'd need to restart the car to get it back on...

So one day while driving on a straight road, it went off so i decided to switch the engine on and off again without stopping. Only when i did this, the steering lock engaged and i drifted onto the other side of the road, with no steering and very little brakes. Handbrake saved me though...! Luckily nothing was coming! :blink:

Who can recall the first time they attempted left foot braking..... :scare:

I will never forget the first time I tried and ended up smashing my head on the steering wheel.... bless me I was young, but soon understood the difference in pressure between the clutch and brake. Made for interesting stopping! Oh and my passenger in the back who had a pizza....

Lets just say the pizza wasn't in the back after my left foot braking..... :lol::lol::lol:

I will never forget the first time I tried and ended up smashing my head on the steering wheel.... bless me I was young, but soon understood the difference in pressure between the clutch and brake. Made for interesting stopping! Oh and my passenger in the back who had a pizza....

Lets just say the pizza wasn't in the back after my left foot braking..... :lol::lol::lol:

what a hilarious and scary day :lol: i had no idea what was in store for me there :lol:

Ive made sure to tell people to do it a million miles away from anyone their first time haha.

hahaha left foot braking!!!!!!!

i tried it....... and it did end badly!!! an old man in a clapped out van shunted me!! i checked in my mirrors before doing it but he had pulled out from a side road. he couldnt apologise enough!!!! i said dont worry mate as there was only very minor damage to both vehicles! he didnt care about his van either!!! we both chuckled about the incident but i didnt tell him what i was doing!!

then i asked my sister if she had ever done left foot braking. i said try it, but definitely make sure no-one is about. she tried it and nearly put me through the windscreen ( had my SB on). we laughed for ages!!!

ahhh good times!!!

Think I remember this when I was 17. A mate said "go on try left foot braking, it works well". Well it does work well but I couldn't have prepared myself for it. I wonder if the missus has ever left foot braked, I could ask her to try it out, her friends were never as misleading as mine.

i did this by mistake in my mums car (automatic) the other day, was just moving it on the drive but it gave me such a shock i thought i had hit my zed. :scare: scared the crap out of me

:lol::lol::lol: That would have been a bad day had the Z been bashed!!

Left foot braking is very hard to do in a normal car with just seatbelts, but try it in one with harnesses: You're held back and don't put more pressure on the pedal as momentum takes over, and you can have full control over the pedal.

i did this by mistake in my mums car (automatic) the other day, was just moving it on the drive but it gave me such a shock i thought i had hit my zed. :scare: scared the crap out of me

I did a similar thing in an auto car. I had it as a courtesy car while my A4 was in at Audi having a problem looked at and I was picking my mate up, went to put the clutch in (about 30 minutes after picking up the car) and came to a very abrupt stop, had to then start off again and was then quized by my mate as to why i'd stopped about 30 foot further down the street than he was waiting for me, lol