How many Z's did you see before you found the one?

jollyranchers

3 or 4 months for me scouring the dealer website and Autotrader. After serious hunting found one 70 miles away and turned out better than expected so purchased it on the spot drove it home a week later. Just wait till you find the perfect example. To be honest if you are after a modified car search on here in the for sale section. We all take serious care of our vehicles to the point of obsession in some cases with some really good examples.

3 or 4 months for me scouring the dealer website and Autotrader. After serious hunting found one 70 miles away and turned out better than expected so purchased it on the spot drove it home a week later. Just wait till you find the perfect example. To be honest if you are after a modified car search on here in the for sale section. We all take serious care of our vehicles to the point of obsession in some cases with some really good examples.

You waited a week 70 mile from home. Love at first site it seems.

Mine was the second I viewed and first I drove which was about a week after decided I wanted one. Had money burning a hole in my pocket.

+1 I hear you brother.
None. I bought the first one I saw & it remains the only Z i've ever driven :)

I bought the first one I saw too. The second was from Phil and I bought it without seeing it or driving it :lol:

I've driven 4 Zeds and my current one is definitely the nicest drive

i too for some reason bought the first one i saw. infact i got it off ebay. (low impulse bid which actually won) but went there knowing if its a dog im walking, sod him he can put bad feed back. Needed couple of little bits doing, but thats only due to me wanting it real clean. Even knocked him down abit too.

Never wanted the GM to start with, always wanted the Azure, but i have to say, the GM when gleaming is gorgeous :)

Back in Jan 2006 I popped round to The Nissan dealer in Chester to enquire how long the waiting list was. 3 to 4 months he told me then pointed me in the direction of the showroom where they had 2 second hand ones for sale. They were both Silver, had about 10k on the clock. Neither of them had plates on but he told me they were 04 models. The price was good, too good to be true really and he offered me a reasonable trade in deal (or so I thought). I went home to think about it and after discussing it with the wife decided to go for it. I phoned them back for more information and then the salesman dropped a bombshell. He told me they were both Jap imports and were actually 03 models, what a waste of my time. This company are no longer Nissan main dealers BTW. I didn't bother again until I got the urge 12 months later and bought an unused 12 month old showroom zed after taking it out for a brief test drive.

The new dealer in Chester had over 20 new 350's on sale at a knock down price just before the 370 came out. By the time I got there all they had left were roadsters and even though I took one of them out for a quick drive I didn't really fancy one.

Pete

i too for some reason bought the first one i saw. infact i got it off ebay. (low impulse bid which actually won) but went there knowing if its a dog im walking, sod him he can put bad feed back. Needed couple of little bits doing, but thats only due to me wanting it real clean. Even knocked him down abit too.

Never wanted the GM to start with, always wanted the Azure, but i have to say, the GM when gleaming is gorgeous :)

I always wanted an Azure, looked a couple of GM ones but knew I would always be a little sad inside driving one.... :dry:

A GM may be gorgeous when gleaming, but an Azure is gorgeous even when it is dirty :p

When I purchased mine I travelled 100`s of miles looking & driving about 8-10 cars before I found what I was looking for & have driven a few others since, definately like mine the most, well apart from Greekmans that is a weapon on track compared to mine :drive1

As much as i wanted a Azure, i couldnt do it for 2 reasons.

1. Azure's seemed to fetch more than GM's, so i got a better spec'd GM for less than a basic Azure.

2. The misses TT is blue, so 2 blue cars would be a little sad. And neither would seem that special then :(

saw one while shopping for my gf's car years and years ago but when I drove it it was a dog. Spent the next few years lusted over them but never seriously considered getting one. Then decided last year to chop the civic in and start looking at them, scoured the trader, ebay and here for ages for a GM but never found the right one.

Then one day I saw an Azure on pistonheads and instantly wanted it, I had never seen one in flesh and so when I drove to Anglesy to look at it I nearly fainted when I saw her gleaming in the owners driveway. To be honest I pretty much knew there would have to be something seriously wrong with it for me not to get it. Had a nosey around and a little drive, went for a coffee to discuss with the gf and then straight to the bank. Took out the full amount in cash and went back to owner and put it on table in front of him, 20 minutes later I was hooning up the motorway in my new shiny zed :yahoo::cloud9:

A GM may be gorgeous when gleaming, but an Azure is gorgeous even when it is dirty :p

I can't disagree with that statement....

That's only because yours is currently filthy Ian!! :lol:

I bought the first one I saw and drove, it was brilliant and I still love it. In fact I love it even more now than when I bought it!!

I didnt see mine in the flesh or test drive a 350z lol.......... bought it through an import company and it arrived on my 21st bday................ and ohhhh how I was not disappointed :thumbs:

2nd one i'd been to look at and 1st id ever driven.

the car drives completely different now to when i bought it, like two different cars due to me getting all the niggles fixed. Having driven a couple of others i'd say mine drives better than most (it should do for the money in it :blush: )

I didnt see mine in the flesh or test drive a 350z lol.......... bought it through an import company and it arrived on my 21st bday................ and ohhhh how I was not disappointed :thumbs:

translated:

daddy bought it for me

:lol::lol::lol: