What wud u consider buying after your Z

waseem1978

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pistonheads classified browse which has started as i predicted 6 months after I bought the Z in Jan, is bringing up 996 C4 and Maserati 4200 GT. Or maybe a Cayman S, but they are a bit dull looking. The Masser just for the sound and I don't think it gets much better than a 4.2 Ferrari esk V8.

Bradders.

PS Oh just thought, a nice nick NSX would be lovely.

Its one end of the scale or the other for me. Either something like a Porsche Boxster or a lotus exige. Or i can get a BMW of some sort. Its a funny car to replace as its very similar to a lot of cars out there. 6 series, porsche, audi etc :shrug:

Hmm - not really thought of what I would change the Z for. I like the club here that much its the reason I keep it. I may be tempted to change it for another 350 that I could take on track days and still be part of the club.

Obviously when the Z is many peoples second car, or even third, then the desire to change it is reduced imho. I cant actually see a time when I will want to change it. Id just like more time to get everything done Id like to get done on the car, whilst fitting it in around work, home and garden.

Life is like a toilet roll, the nearer the end you get, the faster it goes!

The closest car before the Z was an Altezza RS200 and after the Z was a Volvo S60 T5 (with a BSR stage 1 tune)....

So... eh. I've still got the Altezza RS200 and the Z and the Volvo... so hopefully I get rid of the Altezza soon, as for the Z that won't be going ANYWHERE :D Replacement for the Volvo = R35, Infiniti G37, Infinity EX3, RS6... anything really that has 4 doors big engine and safe.... and can take a child seat :D

The closest car before the Z was an Altezza RS200 and after the Z was a Volvo S60 T5 (with a BSR stage 1 tune)....

So... eh. I've still got the Altezza RS200 and the Z and the Volvo... so hopefully I get rid of the Altezza soon, as for the Z that won't be going ANYWHERE :D Replacement for the Volvo = R35, Infiniti G37, Infinity EX3, RS6... anything really that has 4 doors big engine and safe.... and can take a child seat :D

Ermmm.....R35 only has 2 doors..... :blush:

Minor detail ;) Nothing a bit of work couldn't sort out :lol:

You having a kid Anders :D congrats :thumbs:

Whens it due?

Dunno, its been cooking for a while! B):blush:

:rant: Don't tell the wife that! ;):lol:

Minor detail ;) Nothing a bit of work couldn't sort out :lol:

:#1: stickers...

I love the Zed, so may well end up getting another, perhaps more up to date one.

If I try and forget the Zed for moment and if I was good and saved a few pennies I'd be tempted by a good example of any of the following:

SL55 AMG

DB7

Virage

928 GTS

I see myself keeping this one for another couple of years...

If I was looking for an everyday car, I'd imagine a 370Z would fit the bill quite nicely.

I'd be more tempted to get myself something really cheap and eco friendly for a daily driver like and Aygo or iQ, but have an R35, Exige, 911 or similarly lairy beast tucked away for weekend abuse. :thumbs:

If money is an issue and I need to go cheaper = Honda (or Mugen) Integra Type-R (not sure why) or a Clio 172/182 Cup or Trophy

Of similar value = another VX220 (Turbo or converted Na to supercharged), Lotus Exige (prefer S1), S2000

Bit more money = 370Z, Megane R26.R, Focus RS

Expensive toys that I could never convince my wife to let me buy = at the top Ariel Atom!! Noble M12

TVR's that I'd love but probably wouldn't want to spend the money to maintain = Griffith, Tuscan, T350c or Sagaris (love 'em all)

One day = GTR

i think... a Camero, imported myself, lovely and new... in yellow.

The new Camaro is B)

The Camaro’s set to muscle in to the UK. Chevrolet has used the first ever Moving Motor Show at Goodwood, to announce that the V8-powered retro coupe will go on sale in May 2011, due to be followed by the drop-top version later in the year.

Only available in top-level SS trim, all cars will feature a 426bhp 6.2-litre V8 which allows the car to sprint from 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds and hit a limited top speed of 155mph.

For the time being, all cars will be left-hand drive only, with the firm planning to sell 100 cars per year. The price is yet to be finalised as it is dependent on the exchange rate, but its thought that the car will be priced to rival the Nissan 370Z, which starts at £28,345. It will also be sold with a full manufacturers’ warranty.