Hello! ... Stillen SC Hoods & door mirrors!

Hello everyone.

Well, I'm particularly happy with myself to finally be part of this community of 350z owners, hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute something back to it. I've recently purchased a '04 350z, fulfilling 2 years of dreaming! Coming from fast motorbikes(Buells) to fast cars, I like customs and mods, and was lucky to find a Stillen supercharged '04 with awesome jade-R alloys, low mileage and good history.

I have a couple of newb questions I hope someone won't mind helping me with!

I want to replace the normal stillen 'bump' hood with a style I found available in the States. They do fit a Stillen SC apparently, but I'd like to source one available in the UK if anyone knows the name and/or where I might be able to get one? and explore other possible hood options...? I attached an image of the one I like...

I'm also in need of a driver door mirror glass, as the fitted has a scratch. That shouldn't be too hard to find, I've no idea how hard it'll be to fit!?

All the best, and glad to be here!

Nik

:welcome:

not seen that hood before, think you'll be unlikely to source it here. my best bet would be the chilli red store for the hood, sarah might be able to get it in for you.

as for the glass R35LEE is your best bet

I believe there are only 2? types of bonnet which fit the Stillen (roots based) Supercharger. The one in your pic is certainly one of them ... and the other is presumably the one already installed on the car.

I don't know of any UK stockists of Stillen parts. I've always has to import mine bits n pieces from the U.S.

But either way - good luck with it.

Just out of interest - what part of the country are you in?

Thanks for the warm reception folks :bounce:

I'll get some pics up asap! Its twilight grey, my fav', currently with the standard stillen bump. I want to get that bonnet asap...so might be a few weeks before any photos arrive.

Stats wise, the Stillen SC was fitted by Nissan along with strut brace and exhaust. Theres been some work on the gearbox and clutch also. Its an '04 model. Off the top of my head, the paperwork indicates 369bhp +15-20bhp for something extra I can't currently remember what! I've yet to check the ECU, but the upgrades seem very thorough, I expect its been done. As you can tell, I'm not driven by the detail, but how it felt on the road. Its a lot of horses, thats enough for me! Its a wonderfully responsive car, got great power throughout the revs.

EDIT:

I come from West Midlands, but currently based in Dorset with the Army.

Thanks for the warm reception folks :bounce:

I'll get some pics up asap! Its twilight grey, my fav', currently with the standard stillen bump. I want to get that bonnet asap...so might be a few weeks before any photos arrive.

Stats wise, the Stillen SC was fitted by Nissan along with strut brace and exhaust. Theres been some work on the gearbox and clutch also. Its an '04 model. Off the top of my head, the paperwork indicates 369bhp +15-20bhp for something extra I can't currently remember what! I've yet to check the ECU, but the upgrades seem very thorough, I expect its been done. As you can tell, I'm not driven by the detail, but how it felt on the road. Its a lot of horses, thats enough for me! Its a wonderfully responsive car, got great power throughout the revs.

EDIT:

I come from West Midlands, but currently based in Dorset with the Army.

Sounds good.

If you want a truly mental car I can only recommend the D1-spec Throttle controller :boxing:

Welcome to the forum Nik. Enjoy that Stillen supercharger. :drive1

One of our race cars this end of the world had one fitted to the brand spanking new 350 in 2003. Producing good results, and has been reliable, especially considering it's a fully caged race car, that only knows absolute abuse, no gentle driving. :thumbs: