Existing For Sale threads...

How come an existing "For Sale" post needs to be moderated if the original poster replies to the post....

Think I have a couple more than 15 posts and mot people know me on here!

Complete stranger to the forum to me.......never seen you before. :lol: I think after all the nonsense with for sale threads they implemented rules so that every time a message is posted, the for sale post has to be authorised. I don't think its easy to distinguish between who is posting on it...

Posts on for sale threads dont always show up on unread posts lists either. I've missed quite a few replies to my threads because of it :dry:

Can a mod change Fiddys user title to Fake Fiddy ;)

How come an existing "For Sale" post needs to be moderated if the original poster replies to the post....

Complete stranger to the forum to me.......never seen you before. :lol: I think after all the nonsense with for sale threads they implemented rules so that every time a message is posted, the for sale post has to be authorised. I don't think its easy to distinguish between who is posting on it...

So guessing that a couple of dodgy posts have ruined the ease of use for everyone, and then the "band wagon" being jumped on afterwards gave the mods hastle.... Rather than the dodgy posts just being delt with?

Always seemed to notice that most of the for sale posts were moderated by the users esp when spammers were noticed.

Oh well.. after 3 months off guess I need to get used to the forums again.. :)

Posts on for sale threads dont always show up on unread posts lists either. I've missed quite a few replies to my threads because of it :dry:

Only if they change yours to "I love Rota's Ian...."

So guessing that a couple of dodgy posts have ruined the ease of use for everyone, and then the "band wagon" being jumped on afterwards gave the mods hastle.... Rather than the dodgy posts just being delt with?

Always seemed to notice that most of the for sale posts were moderated by the users esp when spammers were noticed.

Oh well.. after 3 months off guess I need to get used to the forums again.. :)

Your about right. Particular user called Eddz350 caused a whole load of hassle that kicked the changes off. I am in the process of a small claims court against him at the moment. I have won judgement - he has still not replied so just need to fill the paperwork in to send the bailiffs round to him now.

Only if they change yours to "I love Rota's Ian...."

Wait till you see the new wheels tomorrow B)

18" Rotas with an offset of 37, 8.5" all round, 205 linglong tyres & painted a bright orange

I cant wait for them to arrive :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

just call you both the ricer twins, make it easy for everyone

Theres a difference between high end parts & rice. But that is the 2nd time this week I've been called a ricer :dry:

As has been said, due to the influx of dodgy sells and this place getting a lot busier over the past few months, we needed to implement a approval system. phpBB gives us this out the box but means all posts have to be approved. We are working on a solution that means subsequent posts to an approved thread don't need to be approved but phpBB doesn't do this out of the box.

It's a case of a few spoiling it for the majority, but we find that genuine members of the club don't mind this inconvience due to the security it brings. Also it reduces the stress on the moderating team to read everything as it's posted.

As has been said, due to the influx of dodgy sells and this place getting a lot busier over the past few months, we needed to implement a approval system. phpBB gives us this out the box but means all posts have to be approved. We are working on a solution that means subsequent posts to an approved thread don't need to be approved but phpBB doesn't do this out of the box.

It's a case of a few spoiling it for the majority, but we find that genuine members of the club don't mind this inconvience due to the security it brings. Also it reduces the stress on the moderating team to read everything as it's posted.

+1 Been £150 out of pocket is no joke :dry:

I doubt the mods took the decision on for sale threads lightly - as it will no doubt have created a lot of work for them.

What the new rules/moderation does mean though is that members have a better safety net and OP's don't end up with a load of crap on their for sale threads :)

Wait till you see the new wheels tomorrow B)

18" Rotas with an offset of 37, 8.5" all round, 205 linglong tyres & painted a bright orange

I cant wait for them to arrive :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

B)B) much want :D

:lol::lol:

:teeth:

I doubt the mods took the decision on for sale threads lightly - as it will no doubt have created a lot of work for them.

What the new rules/moderation does mean though is that members have a better safety net and OP's don't end up with a load of crap on their for sale threads :)

No changes made to the forum are taken lightly especially something that will have a major change.

Well the people that make a pointless comment on a thread get a pointless email sent to them when we approve the comment. ;)

It's nice being able to disapprove for sale posts before they end up on the forum - it's amazing how many people STILL don't follow the rules....

It's nice being able to disapprove for sale posts before they end up on the forum - it's amazing how many people STILL don't follow the rules....

Or try it on spamming up their post count before the ad appears, and as one such person recently found having been warned on that front, they end up getting banned :shrug:

Or try it on spamming up their post count before the ad appears, and as one such person recently found having been warned on that front, they end up getting banned :shrug:

Its too easy to boost your post count, there are so many threads to post in. I think you guys do a good job sorting it out tho. I could never be accused of spamming, been here 4 years and not even 1000 posts :shrug: