Existing For Sale threads...

Am really not getting this... So I have a post that has been approved very recently and then every time I respond a question asked it has to be "approved".....

Does that also mean that others that want to ask questions about an approved item have to be moderated too???

Am really not getting this... So I have a post that has been approved very recently and then every time I respond a question asked it has to be "approved".....

Does that also mean that others that want to ask questions about an approved item have to be moderated too???

Yes

Yes

Put simply, all posts in For Sale and Zeds for Sale have to be approved. Even editing the first post in a thread thats already been approved, will need approving again.

We find it keeps away those out for a quick buck ;):thumbs:

its a bit of extra work when selling, but after everything i sold recently i didn't find it a major issue.

if waiting for responces to be approved is an issue, you could always swap to PM if its easier.

or if you don't like it you can always sell it on another forum. advantage on this forum though is that there is a wider audience to sell to.

• 2 weeks later...
Mods... dont worry about updating the DEFI post that I posted 1/2 an hour ago informing people that the same was ending soon and it was at a bargain price....

As already said, we cant always be here, so you shouldnt depend on us to approve posts in time. If you put it up in the Spotted on eBay then that wouldnt have needed approving ;)

I put a car up for sale on the sales post last week and it first got accepted then deleted a second later and I was never told why..

the car Belongs to the family dealership I work at it has full history and belonged to a forum member before it came to us.. the car is still there and on auto trader, I just wanted to bring it to the forum as it's a great car at a really good price.

I think a good thing to do when buying something of someone is to PM them the second you see something you want to reserve it or to see if someone else has got dibs..

I put a car up for sale on the sales post last week and it first got accepted then deleted a second later and I was never told why..

the car Belongs to the family dealership I work at it has full history and belonged to a forum member before it came to us.. the car is still there and on auto trader, I just wanted to bring it to the forum as it's a great car at a really good price.

I think a good thing to do when buying something of someone is to PM them the second you see something you want to reserve it or to see if someone else has got dibs..

Did you not get a PM on this? I will PM you with what happened as it was my fault :blush:

Mods... dont worry about updating the DEFI post that I posted 1/2 an hour ago informing people that the same was ending soon and it was at a bargain price....

As already said, we cant always be here, so you shouldnt depend on us to approve posts in time. If you put it up in the Spotted on eBay then that wouldnt have needed approving ;)

I did check to make sure that Mods were online before I posted it...

Will remember that for next time as I guess its just easier that way..

Cant always be sure we will see it unfortunately. I - for example - have been around on the forum enough for it to say I'm online, but been also doing other jobs around the house at the same time, so cant guarantee it will get done in any specific time frame, that plus I have pages and pages of threads to go through, its a bit of a nightmare sometimes.

If its time critical surely a PM would be in order. The guys can't be sitting around waiting for your last minute posts now, can they? ;)