My man room.

Well, Im now finally nearing completion of my new man room. Its been a steady job over a few evenings and fitting it in between weekends away etc, but the time is nearig when a cold beer in front of a film or footy match beckons....

I didnt start taking photos until a few days after we had started, so Ive dug out the only before photo I have, which is a bit small and from the sale brochure of the house. Mike loved taking the proverbial out of me for my lovely pink man room....

70chesb2.jpg

it was a case of out with the old furniture, off with the wall paper, off with the skirting, down with the curtains and blinds and disconnect the radiator, also we had to remove a sink and associated pipework.

It was then apparent that simply painting the walls was not going to work, as the quality of them behind the wallpaper was not up to simple filling and painting, so it was a case of having these plastered, along with the artex ceiling being flatened by skimming over too. Tok the opportunity to bury some cables for speakers too. We (Tracy) also decided that the old recess left behind from some fitted wardrobes would make a nice AV and CD/Bluray storage area, so I began work on my cupboard too...

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

Next was time for the unercoat of all walls.

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

After that, construction and planning of the cabling for the cupboard was next....

DSC_0059.jpg

It was during this phase that we hit a rather annoying stumbling block, which in hindsight I should have easily avoided by a bit more planning.

Upon attempting to drill through the top of the "cupboard" into the loft space ready for my AV and network cables, I found that unlike the rest of the ceiling, it wasnt just plasterboard and joists. Oh no. There is a nice 18" thick concrete lintel above the cupboard space... Hmmm...

A solution presented itself. use the gap in the wall left by the pipes we removed for the sink. Genius! :#1:

Not so.

While removing the last stubs of pipes that were in this hole from the loft, I managed to remove a rather large area of plasterwork from the fresh new walls. :headhurt:

This did not go down well with the foreman. :blush:

So a quick patch up was needed...

You can hardly tell can you? - Go on gues where it is.....

DSC_0062.jpg

Anyway - hurdle overcome, cupboard and plaster all now fixed, along with the new skirting board too..

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

Then the colour can be added. What better way to be rid of the girly pink in my man room that wth boyish blue! :teeth:

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

A carpet later and I can start moving my kit back in :yahoo:

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

Still a bit of unpacking to do, and waiting on the glass shelves for the cupboard so I can sit everything in its propper place, but the room is nearly done:

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

The boss thinks I may have overdone it with the subwoofer, but my theory was, I can turn a big one down - get one too small and I cant make it louder... :blush:

DSC_0201.jpg

The last few bits remaining are trim round the cupboard, shelves for it, removing the wooden tv unit and replacing with a radiator cover in black with the centre speaker integrated and sorting out a door for the large cupboard and rehoming the sub into it..

But for now Im back online with the xbox, and cant start to watch a few of the BR films Ive been putting off.. :yahoo:

Looks mantastic...just needs a beer fridge stacked with ice cold beer and yorkies!

I was going to say exactly the same - no beer fridge!!

Although I have to say a man of my own taste, cinema room! Love it. All you need now is one of those mechanical chairs that moves with the sound of the movie. Saw it at the Gadget Show last year, they were awesome!!

You need two of those subs to give the room a real shake up!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Thats every teenage boys perfect room!!!

Ahhhhhh so you've met Chesterfield then! :lol::lol::lol:

Loving it Chris! I'm thinking you need either a cinema couch (I found one at a nearby sofa shop) or a couple of awesome chairs!

:teeth:

You need two of those subs to give the room a real shake up!! :thumbs::thumbs:

One is quite enough, its the BK Monolith. It'll do 102db at 20hz. :blush:

Right - off home to move that beer fridge in :lol:

The cinema couch is going to be in there - or a few of the lazy boy style recliner ones with drinks chillers in the arms. :teeth:

I treated myself to a new hd projector for mine too, its a JVC HD750 DLA.

Once Ive tidied away all bits and bobs, Im sure I can think of other man cave parephenalia to fill it with. Arcade machine and one armed bandit probably, though I think Tracy may go a bit nuts!