My man room.

lol, good work sir.

love my projector, its and acer something, not sure which tbh but the quality is amazing, watched avatar on bluray the other night and it is truly amazing.

giant fifa is also good fun.

lol, my mate made the silly comment... 'since when was a 40" tele not big enough?'

when you can have anything bigger in my opinion

I treated myself to a new hd projector for mine too, its a JVC HD750 DLA.

They're such brilliant ideas, used to watch the TV straight off ours until the bulb went! :scare: Went to buy a new one thinking 'couple of quid' nearly had a fit in Currys! :lol:

The crocs are the bosses (painter) :lol: as is the hoover ;)

The blue isnt as bold as the photos make out, its a dark matt called "dramatic". The flash makes it appear much brighter.

Funny you should mention Avatar Matt, Ive just watched it on mine - Absolutely brilliant as far as picture and sound go, the plot however became about as unpredictable as Titanic after the first half hour. :yawn:

Still, its a reference grade film for sound and visual displays on the home cinema. :thumbs:

Really nice Chris :thumbs: I love blue B)

You've inspired me on how to set up my projector. I did not think putting the screen window side would work but it actually does and darkens the room nicely. What's the quality like during the day?

You've inspired me on how to set up my projector. I did not think putting the screen window side would work but it actually does and darkens the room nicely. What's the quality like during the day?

Like any projector, quality during the day is somewhat reduced. The higher the lumens output of the projector, the easier it is to overcome this to some degree, however as screens are grey or white, then ambient light will completely screw the contrast of the picture leaving it washed out regardless of projector. (look at pubs using projectors for football matches during the day)

Not really that much of an issue for me as it will mostly be used during the evenings. Though in summer that still means it is fairly light outside and blocking the light will be necessary.

I plan on having a pull down blackout blind behind the screen on the window itself to completely darken the room when needed.

Like any projector, quality during the day is somewhat reduced. The higher the lumens output of the projector, the easier it is to overcome this to some degree, however as screens are grey or white, then ambient light will completely screw the contrast of the picture leaving it washed out regardless of projector. (look at pubs using projectors for football matches during the day)

Not really that much of an issue for me as it will mostly be used during the evenings. Though in summer that still means it is fairly light outside and blocking the light will be necessary.

I plan on having a pull down blackout blind behind the screen on the window itself to completely darken the room when needed.

I quite happily use a HD projector over a plasma TV these days. I rarely watch TV unless it's a movie, and the blackout blind, and motorised projector screen + ceiling mounted projector are just perfect, you have so much more space and the TV isn't a focal point of the room. Love the setup!