S2000 Knowledgeable people

rtbiscuit

I can understand that a S2K may lead to a zed, and many have done it, but how many have gone the other way that we know of? Not many.........

I have no idea why you would do it to be honest........not one single tiny idea......

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand that a S2K may lead to a zed, and many have done it, but how many have gone the other way that we know of? Not many.........

I have no idea why you would do it to be honest........not one single tiny idea......

fair do's your entitled to your opinion, but then your coming from a posisiton of owning an M3 and a lambo, as well as the Zeds. for you an S2000 is majorly in the wrong direction.

i've come from mk3 mr2 roadsters and civics i like the high rev engines, yes the zed torque is good, but you can have just as much fun in an s2000.

this move isn't so much a step up, more a move across.

apart from the finances i have become a little disheartened with the zed. things like mods taking 8 months to arrive. not being able to drop the roof like on my old mr2, having done so many mods that i won't let anyone near it. and the fact that i've done everything i wanted to with the car.

the s2000 move gives me everything i want and money in the bank.

any ways this thread is about info on the s2000 not if you like it or not, if you want to post a narrow point of view, go do it on my winds of change thread. ;)

If you guys are worried about mpg get a 1l Nissan micra or something.... annoyed the help out of me when my dad back in the day said to take it easy with his 5.7l Chevy.... why have it if you can't afford to use it...

just cos you have the power doesn't mean you have to or want to drive it like you stole it all the time.

fair do's your entitled to your opinion, but then your coming from a posisiton of owning an M3 and a lambo, as well as the Zeds. for you an S2000 is majorly in the wrong direction.

i've come from mk3 mr2 roadsters and civics i like the high rev engines, yes the zed torque is good, but you can have just as much fun in an s2000.

apart from the finances i have become a little disheartened with the zed. things like mods taking 8 months to arrive. not being able to drop the roof like on my old mr2, having done so many mods that i won't let anyone near it. and the fact that i've done everything i wanted to with the car.

any ways this thread is about info on the s2000 not if you like it or not, if you want to post a narrow point of view, go do it on my winds of change thread. ;)

**** your wind of change thread, i'll post where I like :lol::p

**** your wind of change thread, i'll post where I like :lol::p

lmao :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

was it yourself who asked me about a rx7 a while back?

s2000 though, in my opinion, superb car, very impressive to drive. i have not owned one but had the pleasure of looking after my mates for a week while he was on holiday.

i have a big passion for hondas, the real hondas that is, not a fan of the limp toned down UK models. i had an ek9 for a year and a half, and i swear, it just would not break, it would laugh at any abuse and just ask for more! the ek9 is a different kind of drive and car mind you, but the s2k is just as highly regarded. look at the amuse s2k, its the touge champion ( not even my cherished rotary RE-Amemiya rx7 is managing to remove it from the top spot ). then you have the j's racing and cwest s2k time attack cars, they are phenominal! there are so many honda tuners using the s2000 in this current day as their demo cars...there must be a reason for this! the nsx, s2000, ek9, and integras are really the only cars we see being extensively used for performance demos by honda tuners

im thinking about going back to honda myself, if i decide to change the evo iv got my eyes on a few different routes, but a s2000 or another ek9 is in there

you have to drive one really, i think they are superb personally

but rx7's are better!!!! :D :D :D but i would say that hehehe

yep it was me looking at the rx7's but decided my pockets weren't deep enough :lol:

think the stook is going to be the happy medium.

am going to try and test drive on at the weekend to get a better idea. just depends on how my plans go. if not will have to wait a week and maybe try one evening once the GCSE exam is out the way for my subject.

These cars are the ugliest things on the road imo. Shite 90's wedge design which was the precursor for the Z4, horrid interior, frenetic VTEC dog @*!#.

Hate them. They may be rapid driven properly, but the car looks 15 years old imo, even the new ones.........

+111111111111111111111111

If you guys are worried about mpg get a 1l Nissan micra or something.... annoyed the help out of me when my dad back in the day said to take it easy with his 5.7l Chevy.... why have it if you can't afford to use it...

just cos you have the power doesn't mean you have to or want to drive it like you stole it all the time.

I did not say that, driven normally a 5l v8 will drink petrol... any sports type car will be a bit thirsty... if you want an A-b dog I'd just get some shitbox that's all.

Have to agree with Sarnie on this one.

As much as you'd like to think it was a move across, its actually a move down. Which is something I don't understand as a petrol head, as you will constantly be nagged by the under performance of it compared to the zed, when those little moments on the road come and you have a little tussle with someone.

In your position I'd much rather drive a 1.4 fiesta knowing I was sorting out my finances and was going to be driving a real £20k sports car in a year's time when I was ready again. Than drive around in an s2000 knowing I wouldn't have another real sports car for a long long time. Now every time your in a little race, you will think...'oh if I was in the Zed, I'd have had him'.

This video sums it up! Tail end Charlie from now on :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i8eKvoTQHY

ARGH THOSE BLOODY STUPID JAP 'RACING' VIDEOS PROVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AS A POINT OF COMPARISON!!! They're amusing at times, but that's it: They're about as useful as a Top Gear lap.

For those who think an S2K is a move down, go and drive one in anger. I dare you not to be impressed with the drive. Would an S1 Elise be considered a move down too because it's a bit empty inside and not the prettiest thing in the world and slower in a straight line? No, of course it wouldn't, so judging the S2K versus the Zed in the same terms is ridiculous. The S2000 is a proper sports car, anyone who thinks differently is kidding themselves.

There's too many people on this site too quick to slag other cars off without having either driven them or simply because they don't like the looks. S2000s, Boxsters... These are genuinely great cars people, and while they may not be to your taste that doesn't make them a step down or total rubbish, it's just something different. There are some rubbish cars out there, but they tend to have Daihatsu or Kia in the name.

ARGH THOSE BLOODY STUPID JAP 'RACING' VIDEOS PROVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AS A POINT OF COMPARISON!!! They're amusing at times, but that's it: They're about as useful as a Top Gear lap.

For those who think an S2K is a move down, go and drive one in anger. I dare you not to be impressed with the drive. Would an S1 Elise be considered a move down too because it's a bit empty inside and not the prettiest thing in the world and slower in a straight line? No, of course it wouldn't, so judging the S2K versus the Zed in the same terms is ridiculous. The S2000 is a proper sports car, anyone who thinks differently is kidding themselves.

There's too many people on this site too quick to slag other cars off without having either driven them or simply because they don't like the looks. S2000s, Boxsters... These are genuinely great cars people, and while they may not be to your taste that doesn't make them a step down or total rubbish, it's just something different. There are some rubbish cars out there, but they tend to have Daihatsu or Kia in the name.

I was nodding to myself all the way through that.

Why doesn't it prove anything? It's better than a quarter mile, as it shows the car in its true form, after several laps, not just one top gear lap, they are all racing under the same track conditions, only real variable is the drivers, which is a big factor true, but I think they are all good enough on that track that there's not much in it between them.

I've driven an S2k and I thought it was mince, I don't like having to ring a car's neck just to get performance out of it, so yeah sure, its a 'proper sports car' in the right rev band. IMO it's still a step down :p :P

i do find peoples opinions funny; basing decisions on no actual driving experience of a car. The zed is not god of the car world, but many on here are deluded about that fact.

yes the zed is a great car but it is not the automotive equivalent to the meaning of life. i actually miss 4 pot engines, on the track my old 1.8 mr2 would give the zed a good run for its money.

to say the s2000 is a step down is wrong.

power to weight ratio is about the same as the zed. 0-60 is only 0.5 of a second different. for me the zed is a GT car, the s2000 is a sports car. i've loved the zed and still do and yes i will miss it, but it doesn't make the stook any less of a car.

i like its styling and i like its cabin.

this thread is not meant to be about your narrow minded opinions of the car, its for useful information for me to find out form people who actually know about that car to help me.

if you want to have an uneducated rant about a car, go do it in my other thread. ;)

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. I did my research at the time but that was 4 years ago.

I guess the usual jap car rules apply, check paint as it'll be chipped because it's thin, check wheels as japs can't coat wheels for the UK, if it's imported make sure it's undersealed etc.

Why doesn't it prove anything? only real variable is the drivers, which is a big factor true,

BFD

That's the whole point. Not a chance in hell the Honda driver gave it anything like a decent start either, funny how they don't show the cabin from his car at the start showing revs... Some of those drivers are clearly better than others/know the track better: Look at the lines they're taking. That Zed isn't stock either, anyone know what was done to it? Actually, has anyone seen one of these videos where the Jap car didn't win?

Like I said, they're done for entertainment, nothing more. They're not bad at that side of it as they promote discussion the same way TG does, you just have to look past it and see it for what it is.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. I did my research at the time but that was 4 years ago.

I guess the usual jap car rules apply, check paint as it'll be chipped because it's thin, check wheels as japs can't coat wheels for the UK, if it's imported make sure it's undersealed etc.

cheers stew, much apprecited, dont worry i know whos opinion to listen to and whos to ignore ;)

cheers for the heads up on import underseals

cheers stew, much apprecited, dont worry i know whos opinion to listen to and whos to ignore ;)

cheers for the heads up on import underseals

I guess you ignored my facebook link I posted..... :lol::lol::lol: