S2000 Knowledgeable people

rtbiscuit

Well I'd know the difference needed in driving style between the two and if you prefer the one over the other then thats fine IMO... also I would'nt be able myself to go to Micra :D so shouldn't tell you to do that either lol

:teeth:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. I did my research at the time but that was 4 years ago.

I guess the usual jap car rules apply, check paint as it'll be chipped because it's thin, check wheels as japs can't coat wheels for the UK, if it's imported make sure it's undersealed etc.

cheers stew, much apprecited, dont worry i know whos opinion to listen to and whos to ignore ;)

cheers for the heads up on import underseals

I guess you ignored my facebook link I posted..... :lol::lol::lol:

haven't been on yet, won't until tonight, no access at work

Well I'd know the difference needed in driving style between the two and if you prefer the one over the other then thats fine IMO... also I would'nt be able myself to go to Micra :D so shouldn't tell you to do that either lol

:teeth:

nail on the head, different cars = different driving styles.

driven high revving 4 pots and high torque v6's both have advantages and disadvantages.

i've found my driving has become quiet lazy since i've had the zed. don't really tend to use the gears as the powers always there. might drop 1 cog here and there. but thats the advantage of the zed as its a GT.

s2000 requires alot more gear work, making sure your in the right gear for the corner etc.

Having had a s2000 and now a zed i think that the 2 are very different. I would say that the s2k is a more focused sports car but the zed is alot better to live with day to day and especially in the winter ( not that i have had the zed in winter time yet) As said the s2k is very reliable but the early ones compared to my 57 plate zed are worse build quality, and noisy with the roof up. Also when viewing a s2k ask to see when the camber and tracking were last done. This is one major problem that affects alot of s2k , seized suspension bushings, which can cost ££££ to fix. If its had the camber/tracking/4 wheels alignment done recently that will show its not seized. I also replaced my clutch and fly wheel at around the 45k mark due to a really mattalic sound from the clutch/gearbox. They , like the zed have a noisy clutch/gearbox/drive train as you are sat right next to it. I had a really good time with mine and when driven in anger can match most sports cars around today. Roof down, air box lid off at 9000rpm you will struggle to have much more fun in a car. Hope this help a little :thumbs:

Just for reference, my deep seated hatred for the S2K is not based on its looks but plenty of driving experience. The looks don't help one bit, but the way it makes you drive drove me insane, i'd get out of the car feeling 100% stressed out having to hit 9k rpm to get it to shift.

The low down torque of the zed and the Gallardo suited my personal driving style, and is probably the reason why I hated the S2K and the Ferrai 430 I had as they drive very similarly imo.

Just for reference, my deep seated hatred for the S2K is not based on its looks but plenty of driving experience. The looks don't help one bit, but the way it makes you drive drove me insane, i'd get out of the car feeling 100% stressed out having to hit 9k rpm to get it to shift.

The low down torque of the zed and the Gallardo suited my personal driving style, and is probably the reason why I hated the S2K and the Ferrai 430 I had as they drive very similarly imo.

that makes alot of sense, if it doesnt suit you then i can imagine its headache worthy.

Just wandering as i could see your point in being stressed when driving a s2k if you were a little older , it does have that frenzy like feeling driving it ........... er i am married too.

Just yanking your chain :p

I'm 59 :)

Just wandering as i could see your point in being stressed when driving a s2k if you were a little older , it does have that frenzy like feeling driving it ........... er i am married too.

not another dammit is there anyone left these days :rant:

How old are you sarnie?

I'm married, sorry.

no way :cry: all my hopes and dreams are over :bang:

You moan more than a woman so you never stood a chance anyway :lol:

:doh: true enough :lol:

back on topic,

i agree the s2000 is fugly, i mean, really fugly

fair enough sarnie, you at least have experience and knowledge form where you coming from.

my old roadster was similiar but i really liked that about it. i saw 2 winters through with the mr2 and didn't have any major problems.

plus these days its a 4 mile drive to work. and if its that crap or i need bigger vehicle the wife has an off roader.

fair enough sarnie, you at least have experience and knowledge form where you coming from.

my old roadster was similiar but i really liked that about it. i saw 2 winters through with the mr2 and didn't have any major problems.

plus these days its a 4 mile drive to work. and if its that crap or i need bigger vehicle the wife has an off roader.

4 miles at 9k revs to get any enjoyment out of it?

Hey ho, you've made up your mind, good luck with it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rbiscuit... I've just sold my 2006 S2000 thursday just gone and looking for a 350z (have been for a while lol)

You wont be disappointed with an S2000 and whilst it was fun revving to 9K RPM and if your are not in VTEC region the engine sometimes feels a little lethargic unlike the 350 where you put your foot down and away it goes but bear in mind both car have very different ways of delivering power

Other than the obvious (mechanical and bodywork) to look out for. Pay attention to the roof. Check on the inside where the linkage bars are to see if there is anything torn or rubbing as roof is expensive to replace.

REV4 (Black centre console) is Drive by wire system, has different wheels and headrests

REV3 (Silver CC) is not DBW but majority of rev3 will be pre-supercar tax band!

I sold because I started not to take the car out for social drives as I work so close to work and got bike from cycle scheme. The only time I used it was to go see my rents at the weekend and even then I would pootle about in it out of VTEC

My only real pet hate about the car is when the roof leaks after heavy rain but that was easily remidied by keeping seals siliconed

Happy hunting anyway! I was absolutely gutted to see my car go!

Hey Rbiscuit... I've just sold my 2006 S2000 thursday just gone and looking for a 350z (have been for a while lol)

You could have swapped cars :wave:

LOL Possibly but like myself Rbiscuit probably had a preference to what kind of S2000 is preferred.

Silver 350z wasn't not high on my list unfortunately