Gran Turismo 5 ** update - put back again**

The main reason I got the PS3 2 years ago was because I wanted Gran Turismo 5 (Why is this game taking so damn loooooong to come out.)!!!!!!. :rant: I read somewhere it wont be out till November this year !!!

I hardly go on my PS3 anymore because I find MW2 a bit boring now and there just doesnt seem to be any real block buster games coming out. :yawn:

Apart from Need for Speed and Ridge Racer has anyone got any decent car game recommendations or good shooter games as at the minute my PS3 is just gathering dust?

:shrug:

There are new levels out for mw2. A bit more exciting than old ones

I know im just bored of the whole game :yawn: .... I love it but I want to play a decent driving game, theres too many scroats on there tactical nuking and cack like that... I just need a change of type of game tbh

:surrender:

You sir, need to play Nazi Zombies, or go back to basics and get good at Street Fighter ;)

There is Medal of Honour (4th Qtr)

COD Black OPS (4th Qtr)

Max Payne 3 (Again 4th Qtr)

:lol:

In terms of car games, there is nothing really - I am also waiting for GT5, it's been on Pre-Order since the summer -only to be dissapointed with continued delays!!

I am going to the Nurburgring in August and thought about waiting for GT5 to get some practice etc. I had to settle with buying GT4 instead - shocking graphics compared to the "norm" PS3 graphics.

MW2 - great game.... on 6th prestige at the mo.

I take it you already have the GT5 Prologue?

Not really a fan of the series I am afraid, yes it looks good, but when I played the demo etc I just find the physics unrealistic

You can drive one of the Ferrari's round that course in the demo and not make it round a bend at 40MPH.....

I have both the 360 and PS3 and I find more and more blockbusters are coming out on the 360..

Looking forward to Test Drive Unlimited next edition which is due out later this year which is this time set in Ibiza so you can drive round the whole island....

And I know I am contradicting myself as TDU is by no means realistic, but it doesn't claim to be, it's an arcade experience and looks like the dogs danglies.

it was supposed to be released about 2 yrs ago and it kept getting put of to refine it, im dying for it, the prologue version was sh1t!! i just hope it runs smoothly as all that info must be hard to process....

My worry is that after this wait GT5 WILL disappoint.

Oh it will and everyone will wish they had the 360 and FM3 all along :lol:

Some had both ;)

I never really got into Forza 3 tbh, it was a bit easy to make money & buy the best cars :wacko:

You need to play it with a wheel Ian, much more realistic and fun. I take it you turned off all the aids (TC, EDC, ABS, racing lines etc) too? Cars are f'in hard to control then! :drive1

Hell no, i'm not that good at it :lol: I just leave the TC & ABS on, unless i'm in a drifty mood ;)

You need to play it with a wheel Ian, much more realistic and fun. I take it you turned off all the aids (TC, EDC, ABS, racing lines etc) too? Cars are f'in hard to control then! :drive1

Hell no, i'm not that good at it :lol: I just leave the TC & ABS on, unless i'm in a drifty mood ;)

You have to play it properly before you can say its too easy then :lol:

Xbox FM3 fan here too, on the wheel it is superb! LOVE it (but if you truly think FM3 or Granturismo is a racing sim you need to think again.

Try iracing on PC or Rfactor - also on PC.

i am ok at FM3 but cant even complete a competitive with other cars on track lap in anything remotely difficuly to drive on those 2 games. (way too tough for me)

GT5 was the game which MAY have turned me back to the sony side, but then i found out that the car damage is only going to be on certain cars (yay a racing "sim" where you can still use other cars at 150mph as brakes without punishment) and the big killer for me

The one massive lacking part of FM3 is lack of weather, and GT5 was promised to fix that...... except they could not get weather running properly on the ps3 so it has been dropped.

sure if you want 20 different variants of the same car to knock up the numbers to some insane (irrelavent?) number GT5 is the game to get.

but from what i can tell it will be 3 years too late and from the looks of it offer little over FM3 (aside from the fiat coupe which sad as it sounds would have been a plus point).

i truly hope i am wrong, i really want an excuse to get a ps3 - the logitech wheel on the playstation spanks the xbox wireless racing wheel (and i refuse to pay $$$ for the fanatec one) AND there are 1 or 2 exclusve games on the ps3 now i would not mind having a go of, but for me, GT5 would have been the seller........ (but 2 years ago!)

• 3 months later...