• Conservative
    • Lib Dem
    • Green Party
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Monster Raving Loony Party
    • Other
    • Not Voting

Just for a bit of fun. Poll is annonymous and don't want it turned into an aggresive argument thread - just like to know who is / has voted for who and why. :)

No party states helping out the driver in any major form, so they can't sway votes based on a petrolhead's view. :thumbdown:

Me; I'm not voting. They are all as bad as eachother and come knocking on my door when they want me, but when I need them where are they?! Fatcats will always look after number 1. :rant:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not voting my self.

Who would I prefer wins? Probably Labour again. It's pretty much a 2 horse race between Labour and Tories, and although things aren't brilliant now, I do think they are tolerable. Ultimately with politics, no party is going to make your life amazing, so tolerable is as good as it gets. If Tories get in, will they make it tolerable or worse? Who know's, but from past experience, most likely worse.

But personally I wouldn't waste the time going to the polling office for these criminals.

Its a really hard decision - which useless lot to vote for??? On a pure selfish level i would say the one that leaves most money in my pocket at the moment the way my life stands but to be honest that's none of them! I know i can't vote conservative as they are definitely going to make cuts that could put me out of work if they get in! :thumbdown:

Labour are increasing tax again, Tories are lowering and cutting alot from national insurance. Tories have had a more realistic view on the current economic climate as they've been able to stand back and watch labor screw it up. They've built there proposals on things that labour have done wrong which is why they're proving to be more favourable. Remember margaret thatcher isn't involved these days. It was her that screwed it originally.

If you dnt vote then realistically ur giving ur right to complain up.

Labour are increasing tax again, Tories are lowering and cutting alot from national insurance. Tories have had a more realistic view on the current economic climate as they've been able to stand back and watch labor screw it up. They've built there proposals on things that labour have done wrong which is why they're proving to be more favourable. Remember margaret thatcher isn't involved these days. It was her that screwed it originally.

I won't have to pay any tax if they get in cos i'll probably be unemployed! :lol:

What is it u do? My missus won't be able to get a job if labour get in as they're cutting teaching positions. Tories are reducing class sizes which will mean more teachers needed. I suppose it depends on ur circumstances who u vote for. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get a public run government.

Certainly wont be voting conservative, i remember when the interest rates spiralled out of control to 15.4% :headhurt:

We would also now be in the euro zone and look at how good that is at the moment ;)

Tories cut my school milk!

And Labour aren't too blame for our economic crisis, we are, the people who took out the loans, and the banks who allowed us too. (not you and me personally but society etc). Labour are attempting to dig the country out the hole as best they can, and I can only imagine the Tories will as well, but slower, while skimming a little bit off the top for the upper-class :p

i'll cast my vote on here later as i'm still sat on the fence and probably will be until i get into the voting booth.

on a personal note i'll say the same here as i do to my students.

your a moron if you don't vote :lol:

regardless of if any of them are any good you should vote, even if its only to spoil your ballet paper, at least it then register your displeasure in the current setup rather than sitting on your backside grumbling about it.

if it wasn't for the our grandads and their friends in the last 2 world wars we wouldn't have the opportunity to vote. i think wasting it is a bit of a slap in the face to all those who gave up so much so you can tick a bit of paper.

same for women and the sufferjet movement, women wouldn't be able to do it either, yet so many now turn round and say "i don't see the point"

if thats the case should we revoke the right :shrug:

i actually like the fact that in australia its a legal requirement to vote. and it should be here.

agreed the current options are not great, thats why i also think there should be a "none of the above" box to tick.

keep in mind that in the last election, something like only 55% of the population voted and of that % only something like 36% voted for the winning party.

that means we've had a government voted in by a minority of something like 20% of the population. that means that a massive 80% of the population aren't represented by the current government.

if you don't vote, i don't think you can complain :shrug:

I'm not voting, I registered for a postal vote this year as I'm usually away from home, but couldn't choose where to put my X yesterday.

Where I live, the MP is actually quite good, he's been in for a fair few years now, the problem is that he's labour and I can't bring myself to vote for that idiot Brown...

Can't say that I can make enough of an informed choice to vote, all the parties have many things that I disagree with and I haven't got round to weighing it up.

I'd have voted Monster raving looney if they had a candidate, easy choice!

i'll cast my vote on here later as i'm still sat on the fence and probably will be until i get into the voting booth.

on a personal note i'll say the same here as i do to my students.

your a moron if you don't vote :lol:

regardless of if any of them are any good you should vote, even if its only to spoil your ballet paper, at least it then register your displeasure in the current setup rather than sitting on your backside grumbling about it.

if it wasn't for the our grandads and their friends in the last 2 world wars we wouldn't have the opportunity to vote. i think wasting it is a bit of a slap in the face to all those who gave up so much so you can tick a bit of paper.

same for women and the sufferjet movement, women wouldn't be able to do it either, yet so many now turn round and say "i don't see the point"

if thats the case should we revoke the right :shrug:

i actually like the fact that in australia its a legal requirement to vote. and it should be here.

agreed the current options are not great, thats why i also think there should be a "none of the above" box to tick.

keep in mind that in the last election, something like only 55% of the population voted and of that % only something like 36% voted for the winning party.

that means we've had a government voted in by a minority of something like 20% of the population. that means that a massive 80% of the population aren't represented by the current government.

if you don't vote, i don't think you can complain :shrug:

I personally don't vote for religious reasons. Why should I legally be made too? Of all the hundreds of styles of government tried through the ages, none of them have ever brought true peace and justice to their country. What we have with democracy isn't working, its only the best of a bad bunch. Politicians for centuries have always been known to be corrupt, and this was proven even more so with the expenses scandal of late, and that was only the ones that where caught. We will never fully know the corruption these people get away with behind closed doors, and we are nothing but lied too and used by them. So no, I don't want to vote for these criminals in suits, or show them that I support them.

And our previous generations didn't fight a war so we could vote, they fought a war because of a crazed lunatic who had dreams of world domination (another politician). My grandad got put in jail in that war, because he didn't want to shoot another human being, how bad of him eh? We'r all just the peons of this society trying to get along, I almost think its a slap in the face that we'r asked to show them support.

Not voting. None of them have any policies that would make me better off so I can't be arsed.

Combine that with the fact that nobody has even bothered knocking on the door to explain why I should vote for them, If they can't make the effort why should I?

As said above i think there should be a "none of the above" box or "hung parliment" box, as i would say that right now, i feel that would be the best option, i didnt want to vote for any of the party's.

i live in the north so Conservative and camaron will never ever get my vote, as he's said many times he hates the north and thinks we should all move down south.

Labour i dont think have done a great deal good recently and I dont like brown one bit. I'd usualy vote for them to as they're quite popular around here and tbh do a good job in my area. But i havent.

A didnt want to tick any of the boxes tbh, but i did and my vote went for lib dem. on the only reason being that i didnt want either of the other two major parties in.

Fingures crossed for a Hung parliment IMO.

I personally don't vote for religious reasons. nothing personal maz0 but thats a new one on me; for the record my religious status is jedi, and i still vote ;)

Why should I legally be made too? its your civic duty as a citizen of the UK

What we have with democracy isn't working, its only the best of a bad bunch. Politicians for centuries have always been known to be corrupt, and this was proven even more so with the expenses scandal of late,i don't disagree with you, i couldn't trust a politician as far as i could throw one

we are nothing but lied too and used by them. again i don't disagree

And our previous generations didn't fight a war so we could vote, they fought a war because of a crazed lunatic who had dreams of world domination (another politician)if they had let the crazed lunatics win we would be in a dictatorship with no vote, no say and no rights; we might be in a sh1t heap now but i'd rather be in this one, than a modern day version of nazi engalnd..

We'r all just the peons of this society trying to get along, I almost think its a slap in the face that we'r asked to show them support.don't show them support, go and spoil your ballot paper, at least that is registered

if the 45% of the population who didn't vote in the last election actually went out and spoiled there ballot papers in protest to the current equilibrium thats a pretty big message to the politicians.

we might be in a sh1t heap now but i'd rather be in this one, than a modern day version of nazi engalnd.[/color].

Don't vote Tories then :p

Nothing personal taken bud

looking to vote tactically, basically i don't want brown back

i would actually donate a testicle if it meant we didn't have him back.

www.votematch.org.uk is worth a look. asks you lots of questions and then tells you which party is best suited to you and your views.

helps make a lot of sense of there mumbo jumbo and puts it in to terms that everyone can understand.