• Conservative
    • Lib Dem
    • Green Party
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Monster Raving Loony Party
    • Other
    • Not Voting

I lived in Russia during an election. That was fun. I was working for the service company I'm still with but doing 90% of my work for Yukos Oil and Gas. The president of Yukos strongly opposed Putin and was funding his opponents campaign. Yukos was bigger than Sibneft which is Abramovichs company so you can imagine how much this guy was worth - £10billion easily! Anyway, the President of Yukos ends up in jail for some fraud charge and all his assets were frozen and Putins opponents campain seized. So Putin (the ex KGB man) ends up getting elected again.

That was a hugely entertaining campaign to view as an outsider.

Here is far from perfect but at least it's mostly well organised and fair!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to think that as Brits we struggle through the organisational chaos and it balances out. Its part of being a brit.

For those that didnt see it the BBC exit poll says the tories are 19 seats away from a clear majority but the biggest shock is Labour are second with the Lib Dems 3 seats less than before.

I like to think that as Brits we struggle through the organisational chaos and it balances out. Its part of being a brit.

For those that didnt see it the BBC exit poll says the tories are 19 seats away from a clear majority but the biggest shock is Labour are second with the Lib Dems 3 seats less than before.

not surprising i know alot of hard working people vote labour and i mean no disrespect to you if you do nor would i put you in the same class as the people who im abouts to mention when i say this but a lot of social benefit thieves, chavs with 50 kids 50 different fathers, people who dont want to work and live off the dole, and many others who abuse the system will vote labour cos they get away with murder.

labours big advantage is its huge base of hard grafting voters who vote that way because thats what father did and grand father etc, the old we've always been a labour family and always will. and it just so happens to be in the big cities which carry alot of weight in the vote.

not saying anything against labour voters, but alot of the working class voters vote that way not through an educated decision, but because thats what you do. if you've done you research and thats the choice you came up with then fair enough. but i think alot would actually find they've been made worse off by labour, not better

Tories have a stigma, and you just need to ask your granny who she wants to win, and she says 'i hope its not them bloody tories, they brought in poll tax'. I think its this simple contempt people have for them that will keep them voting labour. I think Browns taken a beating this past year because of the recession, which isn't entirely his fault, the guy is actually bloody good at financial dealings, in fact he's the reason why Britains growing stronger, at a time when greece, spain, ireland and italy are all going bankrupt, france and germany have higher unemployment than us and this guys to thank.

Tories have a stigma, and you just need to ask your granny who she wants to win, and she says 'i hope its not them bloody tories, they brought in poll tax'. I think its this simple contempt people have for them that will keep them voting labour. I think Browns taken a beating this past year because of the recession, which isn't entirely his fault, the guy is actually bloody good at financial dealings, in fact he's the reason why Britains growing stronger, at a time when greece, spain, ireland and italy are all going bankrupt, france and germany have higher unemployment than us and this guys to thank.

not all that good when he let the banks do what the hell they liked though...

not all that good when he let the banks do what the hell they liked though...

Ultimately, little do people know, but its the banks that control the governments, not the governments controlling the banks :p

Last voted in 1983 and soon realised that it makes NO difference who is in power.

The world is dominated by economic market forces which individual states (or governments) cannot control.

Voting is more an expression of frustration and/or anger with a current incumbent and the results follow quite easily predictable patterns. Perhaps with the exception of the Labour landslide in 1945.

Labour will lose today (simply because we are bored of them) And because Gordon Brown is a very peculiar man, unpleasant and detached. The Tories will win but it will be very close to a hung Parliament.

All the candidates are political pygmies (with the exception of Brown who has some gravitas) and I wouldn't trust them to run a tennis club, let alone a country.

The Captain Exit Poll - called 5 hours before Sky/ITV/BBC and carried out in my lounge with a sample of 1 - gets it right!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggest you guys get reading my Share Dealing Tip thread. :drunk::drunk:

Last voted in 1983 and soon realised that it makes NO difference who is in power.

The world is dominated by economic market forces which individual states (or governments) cannot control.

Voting is more an expression of frustration and/or anger with a current incumbent and the results follow quite easily predictable patterns. Perhaps with the exception of the Labour landslide in 1945.

Labour will lose today (simply because we are bored of them) And because Gordon Brown is a very peculiar man, unpleasant and detached. The Tories will win but it will be very close to a hung Parliament.

All the candidates are political pygmies (with the exception of Brown who has some gravitas) and I wouldn't trust them to run a tennis club, let alone a country.

The Captain Exit Poll - called 5 hours before Sky/ITV/BBC and carried out in my lounge with a sample of 1 - gets it right!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggest you guys get reading my Share Dealing Tip thread. :drunk::drunk:

i agree with your view :blush:

I wouldn't say that. Southern Scotland is an area that has traditionally had very 'working class' industries. I guess it's like Rich said earlier, voting labour as thats the done thing.

Neil P also said that Labour have kept his parents in a job so the MPs are obviously doing right by their constituents there.

In the scheme of things you have to vote for who is going to look after you locally and just hope they can bring local issues to Westminster to make a difference.....

Looking at the amount of votes the opinion polls probably weren't far off. Lib Dems haven't won many seats but have a good percentage of the votes. Oh well, that's politics!

when does who is pm get announced? :wacko:

Depends. :lol:

If Conservative win enough seats (doubtful) then later today.

If it's a hung parliment then it has to be done before 25th May.

The country needs jobs to be created, yet the Tories are the only ones stating that the ni rise should be stopped. Labours plan is to tax our way out of the hole. That simply won't work as businesses will not create as many jobs if the ni rise goes ahead, less jobs, less disposeable income and more benefits. But it appears Gordon and alistair are blind to this.

Very similar this end of the world too. Conservative are in here, but they're like a soft left, so increasing tax just as the economy is starting to come out of the doldrums, and keeping all the policitically correct rubbish rolling from the previous 9 years of bashing us about the head. Good one. :surrender::bang:

when does who is pm get announced? :wacko:

Depends. :lol:

If Conservative win enough seats (doubtful) then later today.

If it's a hung parliment then it has to be done before 25th May.

just read Gordon is trying to get lib dems to team up with him, does he not get the message, tories are winning in votes and in seats, they should be rightfully elected ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate this country and all its red tape its all bull :rant::rant::rant:

loved this :lol:

Education secretary Ed Balls hung on in Morley and Outwood by just over 100 votes but former Home Secretary Charles Clarke narrowly lost to the Lib Dem candidate in Norwich South

cant stand david cameron, remember the first time i saw him, i actually wanted to ring his scrawny neck, nothing to do with politics, just comes accross as a wa**er.

40 odd seats still to declare

going to an interesting next couple of days. lots of behind the scenes bribery and offers going to be going on.

i don't like ed balls i wish he had lost.

stayed up till 5 am and then gave up. doesn't look like i missed much in the 3 hours of sleep i got :lol:

And on the news here tonight they announced that all the international/ex-pat UKers votes won't count, as they weren't returned in time to be counted. All the posting over to other countries was held up due to the volcano. Rather disappointing considering as they quoted that at about 250k ex pats, possibly enough to swing the voting.