Honister Pass Pics.

AK350Z

Went for a little drive this evening (2 hours!) inland through Buttermere to Honister Pass and then to Keswick and home. Quite a few tourists still about, but managed a good blast on a few sections :drive1 .

Naturally, I took a couple of pics of the Zed too, hope you likey:

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

There's a couple of videos to follow too, but that takes ages so it'll be tomorrow probably!

Some nice compositions in there. :thumbs:

A little fill flash and less exposure at the time (or use of HDR in post-processing) would make Number 5 a stunner.

What format is the file in? If RAW things can stil be done................... ;)

Just to show you the potential end result.

Before. Completely blown sky and other highlights. (Similar to some of yours)

_DSC2288.jpg

After. Made 3 "new" exposures in CS3 and merged all 4 to HDR. Took about 15 minutes.

_DSC2288-4_3_2_1.jpg

Just to show you the potential end result.

Before. Completely blown sky and other highlights. (Similar to some of yours)

_DSC2288.jpg

After. Made 3 "new" exposures in CS3 and merged all 4 to HDR. Took about 15 minutes.

_DSC2288-4_3_2_1.jpg

Good rescue work :thumbs: Technically speaking if the highlights are completely blown, there is no saving it as the sensor is reading max light for the pixels and you cant resuce detail from them. In your pics they cant have been completely blown, just very close. Good work all the same :teeth:

great views, and with a B) Zed too.

I also like what Captain did to get his final result - off t osee if i can get RAW files out of my Sony :thumbs:

RAW files rock. They do use a lot of disk space but are invaluable when you make mistakes with exposure, white balance etc.

Good rescue work :thumbs: Technically speaking if the highlights are completely blown, there is no saving it as the sensor is reading max light for the pixels and you cant resuce detail from them. In your pics they cant have been completely blown, just very close. Good work all the same :teeth:

The sky on the right was completely blown. The end result was made of 5 exposures with the most extreme being 4 stops less than the original snap. :scare:

If you look closely, you can see where some "repeat" clouds have appeared to cover up the original "blown" whiteness............. ;)

Also, the side of the car is completely blown and was unrescueable. Like I say, this was 15 minutes work. If I felt like it, and given a few hours, the pic could look really :cloud9:

Anyway, don't want to hi-jack the thread so back to the excellent photos from the OP. :)

Good pictures but that zed is crying out to be lowered! :scare:

Having driven that pass and others in the area in a 350 and having caught the front aprons on the tight cambered turns there I can fully understand why it is not lowered for practical reasons, and as much it may look better ;)

Living in an area full of humps and enjoying trips to Wales and the Lakes is the reason why I did not lower the 350 or will be doing that to the 370, and I cannot justify the cost of cockpit adjustable suspension for the few times using a lowered ZED would be suitable.

And having seen how lowered ZEDs have struggled when road conditions don't suit, as much as lowering improves the looks repairing the damage and restricting the driving enjoyment does not always make it worthwhile, IMHO.

Good pictures but that zed is crying out to be lowered! :scare:

Having driven that pass and others in the area in a 350 and having caught the front aprons on the tight cambered turns there I can fully understand why it is not lowered for practical reasons, and as much it may look better ;)

Living in an area full of humps and enjoying trips to Wales and the Lakes is the reason why I did not lower the 350 or will be doing that to the 370, and I cannot justify the cost of cockpit adjustable suspension for the few times using a lowered ZED would be suitable.

And having seen how lowered ZEDs have struggled when road conditions don't suit, as much as lowering improves the looks repairing the damage and restricting the driving enjoyment does not always make it worthwhile, IMHO.

Perfectly explained and the same reasons why i wont lower mine

Some nice compositions in there. :thumbs:

A little fill flash and less exposure at the time (or use of HDR in post-processing) would make Number 5 a stunner.

What format is the file in? If RAW things can stil be done................... ;)

No, sorry! All done on my Cannon A570 in auto mode. If i let it do it's auto metering thing pointing at a darker part of the scene first, I get pics like this though:

IMG_1740.jpg

Didn't put it in with the first lot, as I thought it was a bit dark.

Also, as Colin has filled in for me, a lowered Zed is impossible round here, so standard it stays. :thumbs: