how annoying!

jonty

been crazy busy at work, andat midday started drilling some holes in the workshop floor to fit a car lift.... then the clutch on the drill stopped- drill spun round and havea broken wrist and broken bones in my hand and a cast! no driving for a month or so!!!! :thumbdown: cant even type properly with my left hand!!

ouch :blackeye: hope it heels soon for you mate!

Are you sure it was an accident while installing a car lift or were you trying to beat the record?

:lol::lol:

seriously though - that is sh*t! Hope it heals well and they gave you some 'quality' painkillers

:thumbs:

Sorry to hear about that, hope it heals well and quickly. I know what it's like, I broke a bone in my foot playing football and couldn't drive for 2 weeks then broke the same bone again not long after being cleared to play football again :(

I've seen contractors at work (and been close myself while working with my company) cracking themself in the face with a drill as they've been too close and the drill has caught and spun round and smacked their cheek. One of the lads who did it knows someone who has broken their jaw doing this, lol

ouch, sorry to hear that! ive done a similar thing but luckily i only sprained mine, are you employed or are you a sub contractor? if your a subbie then you might want to look into claims direct if your loosing money :thumbs:

Feel for you mate, totally ruptured my right bicep ligament a few weeks ago requiring a big op and several weeks without driving (wrist to shoulder plaster cast), thankfully back behind the wheel now, just!! but still two months away from any sort of resistance training with the damaged arm. Still training on my left side which is thankfully keeping my upper body in surprisingly relatively good shape but going to get massive muscle wastage on my right arm. You'll soon be fit mate, time will fly trust me

Very sorry to hear - Ive had my right wrist broken once, years ago, while rollerblading. Think i was 15 at the time so it resulted in even more inconvenience - im a righty :blush::lol:

Can't you sue someone like the drill maker? I'd think a powertool like that would have some sort of fail-safe mechanism to prevent these kind of things from happening. Pretty sure Yanks would make the company go bankrupt by now.

Hope you'll have very quick recovery!

oh no sounds nasty. You don't appreciate just how hard that makes life. My mate broke her wrist a few months ago and me and some other girls had to take turns to go and wash her hair every day! Hope it gets better soon, not being able to drive is a real annoyance.