Scottish owners **Abbey coming to Scotland!!**

jacr87

1. Stew - DC SportsTD exhaust, Injen CAI, Kinetix V+..... probably have a flutter on a few more mods if I'm doing an UpRev

2. Kenny (tt350z) - Power Enterprise TT running Haltech Platinum

3. Dblock - Japspeed k2, Japspeed Y pipe, (hopefully) Dc Exhaust manifold, K&N Typhoon, (hopefully) Plenum spacer (02 JDM auto)

4. srobrien - 2005 UK GT, Pipercross Induction, Pure 5/8" Plenum spacer, K1, (maybe japspeed y-pipe) TOTALLY UP FOR THIS.

5. JT1703 ( John ) - '05 GT , Powerflow Custom Dual Exhaust ( Cats back ) , JWT Popcharger. Would definitely get Plenum Spacer etc etc as recommended by Abbey as well.

6. Jason - Japspeed k2, Japspeed y pipe, AEM CAI Or pop charge depending on readings. Will purchase a plenum spacer soon.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The N/A car's will be easy using the Uprev but the Twin Turbo car I would want on my dyno down south I am afraid not a car to tune on the road or a roller dyno.

Once we have enough car we will have to work out what way to go with regards dyno,s etc etc

Mark

Some questions just out of general interest on this one.

1. Can anybody explain just what exactly Abbey will be doing to your cars? And what benefits will you see?

2. The only modification I have on my car is the JWT Popcharger, so would there be any point in having it re-mapped?

3. Does this process also include the removal of the JDM speed limiter?

I would be interested in this but not in the very near future! Good few more things I would like to do before to the Z before I get it tuned.

Pray tell? How much can you actually do to benefit from the UpRev before its pointless and FI is the only way to go?

I was kinda under the impression it was Plenum spacer/Popcharger/Exhaust then UpRev flash? and anything more than that was requiring FI + mapping.

Would be nice if there was actually more to be squeezed out before FI

edit: or are you eluding to the fact you might be going FI? you sneaky so an so

What would be good to see as I can't find any details about this and it seems it might be something that everyone would like to know.

1. In a standard 350Z pre-06 without any mods what typical gain could you expect.

2. In a 350z pre-06 with plenum spacer the only mod would the gain be more?

3. In a 350z pre-06 with plenum spacer and hi-flow cat exhaust would the gain be even more?

I know it's not possible to give an answer to every configuration, but I think a lot of people have these two mods done or perhaps one or the other and it would be good to know if it's pointless getting a remap if you are in category 1.

I know it gives 100% throttle in all gears, but did I not read previously that this is what the Throttle Controller was doing that EP Racing were selling and this is why you feel a difference with this in sports mode?

I would really like to get mines remapped, but apart from the rear box swapped for a K2 and putting a hi flow filter in my standard air box I don't have any mods so wonder if it's a waste of time or not.

If it would make a big difference I might consider installing a plenum spacer and then get it mapped.

Please add your name to the list if you are VERY interested.

1. Stew - DC SportsTD exhaust, Injen CAI, Kinetix V+..... probably have a flutter on a few more mods if I'm doing an UpRev

3. Dblock - Japspeed k2, Japspeed Y pipe, (hopefully) Dc Exhaust manifold, K&N Typhoon, (hopefully) Plenum spacer (02 JDM auto)

4. srobrien - 2005 UK GT, Pipercross Induction, Pure 5/8" Plenum spacer, K1, (maybe japspeed y-pipe) TOTALLY UP FOR THIS.

5. JT1703 ( John ) - '05 GT , Powerflow Custom Dual Exhaust ( Cats back ) , JWT Popcharger. Would definitely get Plenum Spacer etc etc as recommended by Abbey as well.

6. Jason - Japspeed k2, Japspeed y pipe, AEM CAI Or pop charge depending on readings. Will purchase a plenum spacer soon.

7. Chadwick - k1 exhaust, plenum spacer pipercross induction

Ok folks, PLEASE SEARCH for further info before asking questions. Many topics are covering UpRev tuning and it's results with various mods.

One point - If you are planning mods it's probably best to get them fitted before Mark ventures up to the fairer side of the wall...

8. maz - pop charger / exhaust

Ok folks, PLEASE SEARCH for further info before asking questions. Many topics are covering UpRev tuning and it's results with various mods.

I'm sorry, Stew, but I've been searching for a while now and found lots of interesting information, but not the answers to the questions I posted. It is not clear in all the threads I looked at whether or not there would be any gains by re-mapping a standard engine with no significant mods (except the popcharger). All of the threads seemed to concern people who had a lot of mods on their cars first. Also, though I seem to remember a thread which suggested something about the re-map removing the JDM limiter, I can't find it at all now.

I'm sorry, Stew, but I've been searching for a while now and found lots of interesting information, but not the answers to the questions I posted. It is not clear in all the threads I looked at whether or not there would be any gains by re-mapping a standard engine with no significant mods (except the popcharger). All of the threads seemed to concern people who had a lot of mods on their cars first. Also, though I seem to remember a thread which suggested something about the re-map removing the JDM limiter, I can't find it at all now.

Here you go Jim:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=27916

this was simply in the Abbey motorsport section. Theres also a thread called uprev for dummies where a forum member has had his done recently along with all the questions you asked, answered.

But yes you will feel a difference as it opens throttle 100% and also smooths out the torque curve. You wont get much in terms of numbers but the overall driveability will be MUCH better.

Your JDM limiter can be removed also.

For someone who asked about the EPR Throttle controller, this does not give you 100% throttle, it merely sends a signal to the ECU to tell it that the throttle is further down than it actually is thus making it feel more responsive.

Hope this helps guys, im not an expert but have read enough on here to know that the Uprev is a great modification to purchase, from everyones reviews its a no brainer if you have the cash ready.

Here you go Jim:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=27916

this was simply in the Abbey motorsport section. Theres also a thread called uprev for dummies where a forum member has had his done recently along with all the questions you asked, answered.

But yes you will feel a difference as it opens throttle 100% and also smooths out the torque curve. You wont get much in terms of numbers but the overall driveability will be MUCH better.

Your JDM limiter can be removed also.

For someone who asked about the EPR Throttle controller, this does not give you 100% throttle, it merely sends a signal to the ECU to tell it that the throttle is further down than it actually is thus making it feel more responsive.

Hope this helps guys, im not an expert but have read enough on here to know that the Uprev is a great modification to purchase, from everyones reviews its a no brainer if you have the cash ready.

Thanks a lot - I don't know how I missed that thread. :blush:

8. maz - pop charger / exhaust

9. Jim - JWT popcharger (JDM tiptronic - do you need the ECU number?)

I think a GB would be very difficult to do as the maps are done on each individual car and labour rates are labour rates. I guess if they have a guarenteed number of UpRev lisences they could buy, it might get a bit of a discount, but I expect Abbey already buy these in bulk given their popularity :thumbs: