Scottish owners **Abbey coming to Scotland!!**

jacr87

It will be going a head buddy :thumbs: As for date etc thats completly up to abbey and when everyone can make it etc. Just keep a close eye on the thread am sure stew and abbey will sort something out for us all :):yahoo:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think they guys at abbey will be able to carry out a service while they're here. My cars due a service in June. 06 Done 21 thousand miles and been service 4 times already. Unsure what service to be carried out ie. P2 or P3.

Hi, I am away on holiday for a few days , to be honest it will just be a mapping trip not servicing , really want to fly up do my work and fly back.

We will need a dyno for a few days so Stew can you look into this please, as I have said not really wanting to get involved with be F/I remaps would prefer these to be brought to me in Surrey but the Uprev reflashs will be okay , Group buys maybe not, If I get enough ca,sr to do over 2/3 days I will owrk out what the extra cost will be for me to come to you to do the tunig.

Have a good easter and be in touch very soon people.

Mark

Will there be a group buy discount? :thumbs:

:doh: FFS - they're going to make a 1000 mile round trip and you're asking about a GB discount?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get a grip of yourself :dry:

Whooh :bang::scare::surrender: . Why not? They might be getting 10 cars at once to book. near enough 4k bar dyno time and labour. There is no harm in asking. I would go to Surrey if there was a group buy discount there.

Obviously not saying about Abbey but other tuners on other forums have made trips to Scotland and Ireland for custom mapping and offered group discounts. Win win for everyone.

Also where would this be happening? If its near my hood you could stay at my house, my mums cooking is great or I know some good hotels round here. Also how much eqipment would you need just a laptop and other bits? If so you could fly up. I could try and get you a good deal on a flight :) . If not its all good. Just trying to make your stay better and possibly cheaper for us too :):thumbs:

I would like to try and get in on this venture - what mods should be completed (ideally) before getting the uprev reflash?

Plenum, induction kit, hi flow cats or decats, exhaust. But even on a standard car some power will be found, it will be better on fuel and will have better drivabilty. TBH its about what you want and the Uprev reflash will make the best of what you have. I think anyway. :thumbs:

I would like to try and get in on this venture - what mods should be completed (ideally) before getting the uprev reflash?

Plenum, induction kit, hi flow cats or decats, exhaust. But even on a standard car some power will be found, it will be better on fuel and will have better drivabilty. TBH its about what you want and the Uprev reflash will make the best of what you have. I think anyway. :thumbs:

I wouldn't bother with an induction kit personally. Stick with the standard induction and get a free flowing panel filter for it. Most, if not all induction kits will lose you a few bhp.

I wouldn't bother with an induction kit personally. Stick with the standard induction and get a free flowing panel filter for it. Most, if not all induction kits will lose you a few bhp.

sorry I may be misunderstanding you, but why would nismo design an intake if it's going to lose you power? Now meaning to be rude but just wondering what's the point of them then?

I have heard the standard airbox with a drop in panel filter produces better results performance wise also neil :thumbs:

I have a JWT Popcharger so will stick with that - if I have time to change it to something a little more aesthetically pleasing before they come, I might though! :lol:

sorry I may be misunderstanding you, but why would nismo design an intake if it's going to lose you power? Now meaning to be rude but just wondering what's the point of them then?

Very good question! I have no idea why they would do that to be honest, but a cone filter which is exposed in the engine bay (such as the Nismo one you mentioned) will never be as good as the standard induction which has a properly sealed box. Cone filters will always suffer from heat soak. Found this out myself the hard (and expensive) way!

I guess people buy them for the noise and the fact it looks nice, I know I did!

1. Stew - DC SportsTD exhaust, Injen CAI, Kinetix V+..... probably have a flutter on a few more mods if I'm doing an UpRev

2. Kenny (tt350z) - Power Enterprise TT running Haltech Platinum

3. Dblock - Japspeed k2, Japspeed Y pipe, (hopefully) Dc Exhaust manifold, K&N Typhoon, (hopefully) Plenum spacer (02 JDM auto)

4. srobrien - 2005 UK GT, Pipercross Induction, Pure 5/8" Plenum spacer, K1, (maybe japspeed y-pipe) TOTALLY UP FOR THIS.

5. JT1703 ( John ) - '05 GT , Powerflow Custom Dual Exhaust ( Cats back ) , JWT Popcharger. Would definitely get Plenum Spacer etc etc as recommended by Abbey as well.

6. Jason - Japspeed k2, Japspeed y pipe, AEM CAI Or pop charge depending on readings. Will purchase a plenum spacer soon.

7. Chadwick - k1 exhaust, plenum spacer pipercross induction

8. maz - pop charger / exhaust

9. Jim - JWT popcharger (JDM tiptronic - do you need the ECU number?)

10. chriswatson99 - MY07 hopefuly with some mods

I have an 08 HR 350z with no mods...........

Would I still be able to get some gains with it being standard and would my nissan dealer know that I have had this done when going for services etc as its still under warrante........ and I would'nt want that voided.......... :lol........ :thumbs:

Would I still be able to get some gains with it being standard and would my nissan dealer know that I have had this done when going for services etc as its still under warrante........ and I would'nt want that voided.......... :lol........ :thumbs:

Mark can do some very clever stuff with the uprev.....he can make it look like nothing has been changed..so when nissan plug in they will see what there expecting to see

sorry I may be misunderstanding you, but why would nismo design an intake if it's going to lose you power? Not meaning to be rude but just wondering what's the point of them then?

Cool mate, it would be interesting to run both on dyno with each setup and see the differences.

So if I box my nismo in a pipe it from front, I should get better gains? Seems mental that nismo state power gains with it and then most tuned cars run it when really you could just use standard.

Very good question! I have no idea why they would do that to be honest, but a cone filter which is exposed in the engine bay (such as the Nismo one you mentioned) will never be as good as the standard induction which has a properly sealed box. Cone filters will always suffer from heat soak. Found this out myself the hard (and expensive) way!

Sorry I made a backside of my last post. I'm on iPhone and can't edit it correctly now.

What I meant to say was. Would be good to see the differences on the rolling road for an idea. It's mental that nismo state power gains when you don't.

The rest of what I said is mixed in the above quote, sorry but blame it on the iPhone.

nooooo jamie your not aloud to make yours any faster until i get my revenge :p:lol::lol:

Your right but I like the noise. I personally wouldnt take it off for 1-2bhp but the Uprev can limit the power lost I think. :thumbs:

Sorry I made a backside of my last post. I'm on iPhone and can't edit it correctly now.

What I meant to say was. Would be good to see the differences on the rolling road for an idea. It's mental that nismo state power gains when you don't.

The rest of what I said is mixed in the above quote, sorry but blame it on the iPhone.

I had a HKS induction kit and when tested on a dyno against my standard intake we found the HKS was losing 3-4 bhp across the whole rev range. I was speaking to the guy doing the tuning and he said that was very common and that after market air intakes usually don't flow as well as the standard intake. I've spoke to others from here who have said the same thing.

Don't know how successful just boxing in a Nismo intake would be, doubt it would be as good as just using the standard air box, as even eliminating the heatsoak issue, it still won't flow as well as the standard intake.

To be honest, it's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it's worth knowing when considering a re-tune as every bhp counts.

MODS: I don't want to clutter up this thread any further with off topic discussions so feel free to split into a separate thread if needed :thumbs:

Kl so bk on subject. What price are we talking and what date?

No price and no date. It won't be for a while yet though I wouldn't think.

Thanks for getting back on topic. I'll tidy this up later.

Kl so bk on subject. What price are we talking and what date?

No price and no date. It won't be for a while yet though I wouldn't think.

Thanks for getting back on topic. I'll tidy this up later.

Before Wales ? ;):teeth: