New owner coming from a VX220...

Hello everyone. I've been the owner of a VX220 for the past 5 years. I've had both the NA and the Turbo and they were/are fantastic cars however I feel it is time for a change and a touch of luxury.

I'm on the hunt for a cheapish (who isn't!) 350z. I've got around £8k of a budget so I know that will restrict me somewhat so I've been scouring everywhere and it seems that in my budget I could get an early import, an early UK car which has been accident damaged and/or one with relatively high mileage. Is there anything I should be wary of?

I'll not be looking to buy a 350z until I sell my VX first, which is this one on PH...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1531461.htm

1531461-1.jpg

:)

Welcome along, previous owner of VXR220 no. 20 here :wave:

Personally I'd find another couple of grand and treat yourself to a much better example, but good luck with finding your Zed soon! :)

**EDIT** Ah, just remembered your username from .org, knew I knew it from somewhere!

:welcome:

Tight budget, but if you find a higher milage example that has been well looked after, it could be doable. The engine is bullet proof, most problems occur with oil starvation when owners dont check it enough. Get one thats well looked after and they are good for 200k+ miles :thumbs:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

UPDATE: I've actually been very, very lucky in my search... I have managed to find a '53' plate UK car in Gunmetal grey with the GT pack and Rays alloys. Despite my budget, it's not crash damaged, not imported and not intergallactic mileage. And it's only 7 miles away! Pick it up on Thursday.

Back of the net!