No 350Z for me

token

I was after initially a GT4 Yellow 350Z but never found one that was worth the money.... After looking for a while I decided to check out the Porsche Boxster S. After driving the Boxster S I went to drive a 2006 '56' 350Z with the better interior and more power.

I know you all love the 350Z so I'm not going to flame it or anything, but all I can say is that I immediately put a deposit on the Boxster S. It is absolutely sublime and so well planted on the road that I have paid way more for it than the 350Z cost and got less equipment (no xenons or bose). But the way the car drives and sounds I think it was worth it.

Anyone wanting to move away from a 350Z in the future should definitley go for a Boxster S.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a 987 S a couple of years back - fantastic car no doubt about it (mine did have bose, dont worry your not missing much!).

Looking back now, the only thing that let it down was the sound, it was just a little too reserved for my taste, bearing in mind I like the standard zed exhaust im not a big noise junky. Add an aftermarket exhaust or porsche sports exhaust and it would be spot on.

At the time (2006), I paid near enough double for the 987 for what I paid for my 07 zed last year - at those prices zed wins all day long. Now the 987 prices are down though, much more difficult decision..

After driving the Boxster, I found the Zed's steering was too light, the brakes were mushy and weaker, the noise was not as thrilling, and the overall quality (e.g. door shutting noise and interior plastics) was not as good.

Maybe I just liked having the engine roaring behind me.... reminded me of my MR2 MK2 days.

I've wanted a boxster for ages drove one and nearly bought it on the day! Did some research and service/parts costs etc priced me out. Drove a zed a week later and thought it was so much better and thats why i'm on this site. I see boxsters everyday and am glad that I am going to choose a car that you hardly see out and about! But do still like them so congrats and enjoy..if the sun ever returns! :lol:

I was after initially a GT4 Yellow 350Z but never found one that was worth the money.... After looking for a while I decided to check out the Porsche Boxster S. After driving the Boxster S I went to drive a 2006 '56' 350Z with the better interior and more power.

I know you all love the 350Z so I'm not going to flame it or anything, but all I can say is that I immediately put a deposit on the Boxster S. It is absolutely sublime and so well planted on the road that I have paid way more for it than the 350Z cost and got less equipment (no xenons or bose). But the way the car drives and sounds I think it was worth it.

Anyone wanting to move away from a 350Z in the future should definitley go for a Boxster S.

Nice car. I've personally also seriously considered the Cayman S for the future but have read a few issues of the ominous "RMS" issue (rear mount shield which can result in engine failure) which is normally associated with the 996/997 (yes even 997 models) "911" Porsches but after reading many many Porsche forums it appears that the RMS issue also affects the Cayman lumps and also Boxter. It's not such a bad thing as long as you keep an eye out for any oil leaks and also get a warranty - please ensure you get a full extended warranty (pricey but worth it which is what I would do if I get a Cayman) - absolute must according to all Porsche owners for peace of mind. The only Porsche model which appears to have been un-affected by the issue is the pricey GT3 which instead of using a semi-dry sump uses a fully dry sump. Aside from this issue it's one of the best handling and performing cars out there. Performance wise I don't personally think there is much in it (the earlier 350z did have more torque than the 2006 revup 350z) after having kept up with an "S" really going for it but the interior quality is second to none in the Porsche and handling and steering feedback very good. Good luck with your new purchase.. very jealous.