No 350Z for me

token

Its nothing to do with the engine size, I just think its looks girly............ it doesnt help that hair dressers and woman mostly drive boxsters up here. I have nothing against them, but just woudlnt be caught driving one. Plus if your sitting at the traffic lights and a cayman s or a carrera pulled up........ you would just wish you would have bought one of them instead. This is imo ofcourse ;)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nothing to do with the engine size, I just think its looks girly............ it doesnt help that hair dressers and woman mostly drive boxsters up here. I have nothing against them, but just woudlnt be caught driving one. Plus if your sitting at the traffic lights and a cayman s or a carrera pulled up........ you would just wish you would have bought one of them instead. This is imo ofcourse ;)

The whole point of the boxster is to allow more people access to the Porsche brand which is why they are at different price points to a 911 etc. If you buy a boxster its because you couldn't afford a 911, the same as most people who buy a zed couldn't afford a GT-R, no shame in it.

And to say you wouldn't be caught driving one is a silly statement imo ;)

Ive driven a Boxster,Boxster S,Cayman and a 911...

Ive really took a shine to the Cayman S... Not driven the 'S' yet and can't afford one at the minute but they are lush :blush: ....

I do think you are mainly paying for the name though.... the interiors are not nice :dry:

Good choice IMO... Don't think you will be dissapointed bud :thumbs:

Its not a silly comment as i simply would not drive one. It goes back to your theory of why buy cheaper wheels when you can save up and get better ones i.e. volks in your opinion. My theory is the exact same why not save up and get a cayman s or even a carrera rather than just settling for a boxster as it is at the bottom of the list, and yes i realise that the boxster was made so people can have a porsche. When i sell the 350z i will be looking at 370z or cayman s as thats all my price range allows.

Personally I wouldn't get caught driving one either, the typical people who drive them, and the porsche brand is just so pretentious nowadays. I would feel like a plonker in it. The 350z isn't a poor mans GTR, it has a history and heritage of its own. The Boxter doesn't particularly have much of a heritage in its own right, and comes across purely as a poor mans 911.

Its not the only car I wouldn't buy because of its image. Maybe I'm missing out on some fantastic cars, oh well.

Good luck with your new car and hope it delivers for you!

If the fact that an expensive sports car makes you look like a poser then yes, the Porsche brand is pretentious. The thing is that everyone slags off Porsche for being pretentious or common or the obvious choice for someone who wants to buy a car for image alone - the truth is that Porsche are on top of their game and make reliable cars that handle an go extremely well.

I've never been a fanboy of any brand as I reckon you can end up cutting your nose off to spite your face. In fact I ended up buying the Zed by making a list of what I wanted from a car, RWD coupe, great engine, quick, good handling etc etc and came up with the Zed. There were other choices but with a budget of not much more than 10 grand the Zed won hands down for me.

When I see a chap in an MX-5 or Boxter I just assume that he enjoys his driving ;)

Just because its a poor man's 911, that means some people suddenly wouldn't be seen dead in a £40k Porsche but would rather drive a £9k imported NISSAN with 17 inch rims instead, hilarious :lol:

Is a Gallardo a poor man's Murci? Is a 335 a poor man's M3? Is a 360 a poor man's 430? Maybe, but that doesn't make them bad cars.

I've wanted a boxster for ages drove one and nearly bought it on the day! Did some research and service/parts costs etc priced me out. Drove a zed a week later and thought it was so much better and thats why i'm on this site. I see boxsters everyday and am glad that I am going to choose a car that you hardly see out and about! But do still like them so congrats and enjoy..if the sun ever returns! :lol:

Not sure if its the same but 911 turbo gets serviced once every two years or every 20k miles which ever comes first, think that is quite special for a super car, I'm just dreading if I hold on to the car that long how much the service bill will actually be though lol :blush:

But I will say the aftercare service is probably better than any other car I have owned, they really know how to look after you and treat you exceptionally well B)

I've wanted a boxster for ages drove one and nearly bought it on the day! Did some research and service/parts costs etc priced me out. Drove a zed a week later and thought it was so much better and thats why i'm on this site. I see boxsters everyday and am glad that I am going to choose a car that you hardly see out and about! But do still like them so congrats and enjoy..if the sun ever returns! :lol:

Not sure if its the same but 911 turbo gets serviced once every two years or every 20k miles which ever comes first, think that is quite special for a super car, I'm just dreading if I hold on to the car that long how much the service bill will actually be though lol :blush:

You'll be pleasantly suprised mate ;)

Especially when you consider that even in a zed you would have paid for two services in that time.

Personally I wouldn't get caught driving one either, the typical people who drive them, and the porsche brand is just so pretentious nowadays. I would feel like a plonker in it.

Fear enough you are entitled to your opinion but could you expand a bit on what you mean by the typical people that drive one? :wacko:

Just because its a poor man's 911, that means some people suddenly wouldn't be seen dead in a £40k Porsche but would rather drive a £9k imported NISSAN with 17 inch rims instead, hilarious :lol:

Is a Gallardo a poor man's Murci? Is a 335 a poor man's M3? Is a 360 a poor man's 430? Maybe, but that doesn't make them bad cars.

Check you getting your back up. Now that is hilarious. Baby doesnt always need to spit out their dummy when people dont agree with them :lol::dummy:

Yes i would defo rather a NISSAN 370z than a porsche boxster anyday :thumbs: and i would rather have my zed than a porsche boxster :thumbs:

Check you getting your back up. Now that is hilarious. Baby doesnt always need to spit out their dummy when people dont agree with them :lol::dummy:

Yes i would defo rather a NISSAN 370z than a porsche boxster anyday :thumbs: and i would rather have my zed than a porsche boxster :thumbs:

But thats cos you got ginger hair bro, of course you would :lol:;)

LOL ofcourse jay thats it. Actually i would rather have ginger hair than drive a boxster and thats saying something :lol: Or i would even rather look like u jay than drive a boxster and thats really saying something :p

LOL ofcourse jay thats it. Actually i would rather have ginger hair than drive a boxster and thats saying something :lol: Or i would even rather look like u jay than drive a boxster and thats really saying something :p

If you looked like me your girlfriend would want you more and not make excuses not to meet up :boxing: Ill tell her you said hi :yahoo::lol:

It's also funny that someone says they're image/brand conscious, yet drives a Nissan...

Nobody, NOBODY bought the Z because it's the best car. Facto.

But I reckon at least 90% of people bought it because it's the best sports car for the money.

If you looked like me your girlfriend would want you more and not make excuses not to meet up :boxing: Ill tell her you said hi :yahoo::lol:

Nah dont tell lies now jay we all know its you who cant keep a girlfriend, dont worry mate you will find yourself a nice girl one day and hey you wont even have to pay them anymore :p P.s your mum says tidy your room :lol:

BURN :lol:;):blush:

Nah dont tell lies now jay we all know its you who cant keep a girlfriend, dont worry mate you will find yourself a nice girl one day and hey you wont even have to pay them anymore :p P.s your mum says tidy your room :lol:

BURN :lol:;):blush:

PMSL :lol: but your girlfriend is alot cheaper than the others :lol::lol:

glad youre back home missed these rants lol

:lol::lol: Your paying for her bloody hell you must be ugly, i just call her up when i want something ;) a bit like your mum :lol::p

Anyway enough spamming lol sorry token.

All the best with your new car :thumbs:

Lol yeh token all the best with the car welcome to the Porka club B)

Personally I wouldn't get caught driving one either, the typical people who drive them, and the porsche brand is just so pretentious nowadays. I would feel like a plonker in it.

Fear enough you are entitled to your opinion but could you expand a bit on what you mean by the typical people that drive one? :wacko:

You know, the typical owner that buys one to say 'I own a Porsche' in social situations, the ones that look down on you when you pull up beside them at the traffic lights, that smell of elitism they stink of, and the general image that the 80's yuppy era attached to the Porsche, that its almost a badge of having success in life. I don't disagree for a second that they are fantastic cars, but the majority of Porsche owners i've met have been smug gits. I suppose I'm just stereotyping from my own experiences.

the general image that the 80's yuppy era attached to the Porsche, that its almost a badge of having success in life.

This is Porsche's biggest problem. They still can't shake this stereotype of stock brokers with big quiffs driving 911's, even 25 years on. For some reason people stick all their negative opinions of Porsche solely on the Boxster, which is weird in my opinon as the boxster is surely a sign that Porsche are trying NOT to be elitist and opening up their brand to more and more of us, and not just the w_nkers in braces from the big smoke.

the general image that the 80's yuppy era attached to the Porsche, that its almost a badge of having success in life.

This is Porsche's biggest problem. They still can't shake this stereotype of stock brokers with big quiffs driving 911's, even 25 years on. For some reason people stick all their negative opinions of Porsche solely on the Boxster, which is weird in my opinon as the boxster is surely a sign that Porsche are trying NOT to be elitist and opening up their brand to more and more of us, and not just the w_nkers in braces from the big smoke.

They all drive Hyundai i10s now though seeing as they lost all their (and our) money.

I'm a Porsche man through and through, though I now have a Zed.

I could have gone with a Boxster, but I'm put off as i don't have a garage to put it in, so decided on a hardtop. I looked at Cayman, but even the 2.9 is too much still and to be honest they are not the prettiest car the road are they?

If I had another 10k I would have had one, but the Zed is more than enough now. I think i will have a low mileage 996 next, maybe a GT3 real or clone, but I'd like a garage for it.

I've driven the Boxster too, which was my first Porsche drive, and my reaction was "Now I get it" They are the most together cars out there. Badges aside.

A big thing Zeds do have is the exclusivity. So few around and definately a car that wears its heart on its sleeve.You get a lot of knowing looks of respect, from people who clearly know their cars. I like that.

Non-car people seem to think it is pretty, until you turn the key ;)

Bradders.