My son's first birthday present - SCALEXTRIC!!!!

Sarnie

It was my sons first birthday this week. And being a typical bloke I wanted to buy him something that I really wanted for myself, so I bought him a Scalextric that he can't use for 4 years :lol::lol::lol:

He seemed as pleased as I was though:

DSC00797.jpg

He can't talk yet but already he's told me he wants a Radio controlled Helicopter next year :teeth:

I spent about an hour making it up last night, which was 50 mins longer than it should take due to me not reading the instructions and possibly two bottles of Sauvignon Blanc :blush:

I left it out so that Louie could see it when I got up with him at 6:30am this morning:

DSC00809.jpg

And I got a funny bit of film of him seeing the car go round the track:

Roll on next years presents :teeth:

You even get jumps for Scalextric now!

Is that digital ones? I wondered what the difference was in real life?

I remember going to a dudes house and he had a false roof in his garage, it lowered down and there was a Scalextric track on it. Lowered with a pulley and had enough room to walk round. It could be left suspended or put on the floor. It was well cool! :blush:

Happy Birthday to Louie. I noticed you strapped him in so he couldn't play with the cars :lol: I can just imagine him trying to force the car back on to the track & you having a strop :lol:

I ain't stupid :lol:

He would have messed up my fun instantly by crawling on the track and bashing the cars :scare:

good choice :thumbs:

so the reason you were actually away from here was because you were choosing a suitable scaletrix set for yourse....i mean junior :lol:

thing is once he is old to play it, it will probably take him about a week, before he's better than you, then you'll spend the next 30 years trying to beat him as he does it while texting on his phone :lol:

so the reason you were actually away from here was because you were choosing a suitable scaletrix set for yourse....i mean junior :lol:

Yep. In my two weeks away I spent it buying this, a new TV and an iPhone :teeth:

i think the forum is probably a healthier place for your wallet

Ohhh Sarnie, i applaud you sir! your wise ways of finding womens weak spots and manipulating them have not gone unnoticed! Look on the table, cards and flowers! This is obviously the work of a professional.

Here is a reconstruction of the conversation sarnie had with mrs sarnie that day...

Sarnie: Here you go sweety, these are for you *hands over presents*

Mrs Sarnie: :scare: *gasp* For Me? :yahoo: Oh thank you! you really are the love of my life.

Sarnie: This is just a token of how much you mean to me.

Mrs Sarnie: :cloud9:

Sarnie: ...say, would it be alright if i buy a scaletrix track for m...louie and set it up in the livingroom floor?

Mrs Sarnie: Why of course, you can do whatever you like.

Sarnie: Aww thanks.

and BAM! Just like that sarnie gets it a new toy!

**WARNING** Guys! this is only a quick fix and in a weeks time after the flowers have died and the cards have been thrown away she will be nagging at you to tidy the 'mess' up. You will then have to go down the 'top-up' road if you wish to keep the scaletrix where it is. Either that or as the old saying goes "out with the old, in with the new".