I need to make a decision on a Zed...

Paulzx

I've been deliberating on this for a few months now..

I have been offered an ultra yellow GT4 and I thought that was the car for me, as everyone here knows, it's a fairly exclusive colour and has all the extras etc

and is cheaper tax etc.

Then I went and test drove a blue one. Big mistake.

The test drive was pretty thrilling, I currently own a V6 twin turbo 300zx which is not a slow car as we know, but the 350 put a smile on my face,

just a lovely driving experience. I had dismissed the Azure blue, but when you see it in the flesh it really does look lovely. So now I'm infatuated with

getting a Zed in that colour. Well to be honest I can't decide which I like better between the yellow and the blue. I haven't seen the yellow in the flesh yet though.

I've noticed a lot of the blue's for some reason don't seem to have the GT pack so it's been harder to find a good one.

However, I now have the chance of a blue 2006 GT pack as well as the yellow GT4 2005.

2006 model will cost me more money on tax i know that but what will a 2006 car offer me over the 2005 GT4?

The engine specs are a bit different but are they noticeably different to the driver? I expect your 2006 GT pack has everything that your GT4 has?

They are both immaculate cars on similar miles approx 22,000, how on earth do i make a decision?

I keep telling myself I should go for the more exclusive ultra yellow colour because I know i'm unlikely to see one on the road, whereas azure blue

is not as rare. That's the only sense I can make of it. I should never have gone for that test drive...!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would be purchasing the GT4 just on exclustivity and re sale options alone. :thumbs: But thats just my opinion :lol:

+1

IMO an unmolested low mileage GT4 will definitely hold its value better than any other 350 Z, simply because fewer were made

i would be purchasing the GT4 just on exclustivity and re sale options alone. :thumbs: But thats just my opinion :lol:

IMO an unmolested low mileage GT4 will definitely hold its value better than any other 350 Z, simply because fewer were made

+1

Go for the GT4

Says he who has Sunset !!

First of all make sure the blue one is a MY06 and not a MY03 on a 06 plate, post up a pic of it so we can confirm it either way for you...

Thanks for your views chaps...

What is MY06 and MY03?

I could probably get some pics, which bit of the car should i be looking at?

I love the blue, sometimes wish I had bought one instead of blade....

However, Ive seen Chesterfields yellow GT4 in the flesh and ive got to say its super B)

Difficult choice.... you should have done a poll :lol::lol:

Im gonna vote GT4 on bragging rights :thumbs: (PS might be worth looking at Beavis's magazine photo) that might sway your decision to get the GT4...... Sweet

:thumbs:

Okay i'm being a bit thick here but the year of manufacture is 2005 obviously for the GT4

and the azure is definately 2006, it's listed by a nissan dealer as a 2006.

what is the actual engine difference between the two and would it be noticeable at all?

I've never been that impressed by the azure up close :blush:

I would have bought a yellow Z when I got mine if I could have :teeth:

It would have clashed with your barnet mate!! :p

OP go with the yellow :)

But blue is nice too!!

:boxing:

Okay i'm being a bit thick here but the year of manufacture is 2005 obviously for the GT4

and the azure is definately 2006, it's listed by a nissan dealer as a 2006.

what is the actual engine difference between the two and would it be noticeable at all?

mines a 2006, but its a 2005 registered as a 2006, a 56 plate is usually a facelift car.

differences can be seen inside, heater controls are different, transmission tunnel has some switches in different places etc.

if its a facelift the engine is the same as the GT4, the GT4 basically got it early