I need to make a decision on a Zed...

Paulzx

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well so far the vast majority of replies favour the yellow GT4, which is in line with my original opinion before i test drove the azure

but the one i drove was a 2004 not a 2006...anyone think the newer 2006 has any real advantage over the GT4

seeing as i have driven neither model, is there any real noticeable difference to the driver?

well so far the vast majority of replies favour the yellow GT4, which is in line with my original opinion before i test drove the azure

but the one i drove was a 2004 not a 2006...anyone think the newer 2006 has any real advantage over the GT4

seeing as i have driven neither model, is there any real noticeable difference to the driver?

imho no.

well if i'm not really gaining anything from the 2006 except a one year newer

car on paper, seeing as they've both done similar miles, i may as well

go for the GT4 and save some money i think.

i would have expected both of those cars to hold their value relatively.

most seem to think the GT4's will do better

well if i'm not really gaining anything from the 2006 except a one year newer

car on paper, seeing as they've both done similar miles, i may as well

go for the GT4 and save some money i think.

i would have expected both of those cars to hold their value relatively.

most seem to think the GT4's will do better

mark my words ...they will

you've got me wanting a GT4 now :lol:

You know what I would do if I were you...

Stick with your original choice (UY). Go and ask the owner to see it and if you fall in love with it, make an offer - the azure one will fly out the window because you'll be chuffed with the yellow.

If however you decided after seeing the UY it didn't live up to expectations, let the owner know you have another to see before committing and go see the blue one.

Job done. Just don't mess the current owners around if they are private sales.

(From my own past experience if I choose my second after thought, I end up thinking "what if I had chosen my original choice" even if everything is still ok).

Stick with your original choice (UY). Go and ask the owner to see it and if you fall in love with it, make an offer - the azure one will fly out the window because you'll be chuffed with the yellow.

If however you decided after seeing the UY it didn't live up to expectations, let the owner know you have another to see before committing and go see the blue one.

(From my own past experience if I choose my second after thought, I end up thinking "what if I had chosen my original choice" even if everything is still ok).

sounds like good advice, i think we're both thinking along the same lines.

i'm sure the pearl yellow in the flesh is going to be stunning

sounds like good advice, i think we're both thinking along the same lines.

i'm sure the pearl yellow in the flesh is going to be stunning

The pearlescent flake on a sunny day is awesome :thumbs:

If you can get the price of the UY down then I'd go fo that. They have the same engines so all your really paying for is the interior....buy the azure and your just gonna have a run off the mill standard zed.................

yikes..i think they will send me packing if i try and chip them on £13.5k

because it's already come down 1k on the original advertised price

and the GT4s are all around the same kind of price

Just because its came down a grand don't let that worry you. It just means that is was £1k overpriced to start with..... ;)

you boys are harsh - i've already asked them if they'll take 13.5k and they said yes,

can't really go back and ask for further reduction...i fear they won't sell it to me at all out of spite!

Just because its came down a grand don't let that worry you. It just means that is was £1k overpriced to start with..... ;)

you boys are harsh - i've already asked them if they'll take 13.5k and they said yes,

can't really go back and ask for further reduction...i fear they won't sell it to me at all out of spite!

them a dealer? Just ask mate it wont hurt anyone... :thumbs:

no it's a private sale mate

no it's a private sale mate

then I wouldn't haggle it down anymore.

i'm happy to pay that for it, there are other GT4's for sale nearer the 15k mark

so it's not a bad price by any means

sure the heavy cost wont be the price anyway... its when you start lashing out the other €€€ on changing it that's going to cost you :D

BUY not, might be gone tomorrow!

well it wasn't declared up front by the owner so maybe they were hoping someone

would buy it without checking and then they could maybe clear the finance with

the sale money...or not bother at all!!

what's the best way round this? should i just walk away from this one?

I'm a bit miffed that they didn't tell me about it first