I need to make a decision on a Zed...

Paulzx

I would defo go 4 the yellow mate. There alot of azures kicking about these days especially in Scotland lol. If i had to choose a zed in another colour it would defo be yellow.

Sarnie how much did you pay for those Volks ? I love them

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try and refrain from saying blue.

To be honest, these were the two choices I had about a year ago with mine. The depth of azure blue when fully waxed and polished is amazing and doesn't look too bad if dirty (although when clean it really does stand out).

The thing I would consider is how much attention do you like?

My azure brings a lot of attention to itself (although this will be due to my mods and so on as well). I can only imagine that a yellow zed would bring more. Simple things like parking it up will pretty much always get looks and maybe the odd comment (so far all good ones), although you only have to get one person to ruin it when you're away from it. :(

Will you be parking it in a car parks? If so, the yellow one will draw attention to itself much more than the blue (I'd of thought). It's kind of hard not to see a bright yellow sports car.

Filling it up at the petrol station makes kids point and wave and I even had a bloke come over and start chatting and taking photos of it. This was with a fully polished up Azure. The Yellow will bring more attention.

Then again if its the right attention ("ohh..nice car mate") then all is good (go with the yellow). However yellow may be a big light bulb to unwanted attention (go with the blue).

They are both awesome colours. The yellow is rarer but will attract looks and attention (perfect, if this is what you want - but simple things like parking may start making you paranoid in certain areas). At first lots of attention is fantastic, but it can get tiring when you just want to do simple things like pop into Sainsbury's quickly for a loaf of bread.

Goodluck with your choice! :)

You want blue go for blue... :thumbs:

I'd look around though and get an 07 if you can afford it B) (bulge hood) if not wait around for GT car 05 that you love to get away from the lower bracket of tax. (its feck all tax that you guys are talking about but hey money is money, can go to mods instead :dance: )

a

Having tested both a 04 and and a 56 before settling on the facelift. I deffo say the facelift.

The engines are the same in the 2 you're looking at, but the facelift interior, while subtle, is a much nicer place to be, with more useful cubbies. The LED rear clusters and much meatier front lights look loads better as well.

Oh, and AZURE blue is beautiful.

People say yellow is rarer, so worth more. Some might say yellow is rarer, because, it's...yellow :D

Look at all the secret UY lovers coming out of the woodwork now.........I'd only consider the azure if it was a MY06.........

it's definately a 2006 facelift, I'll attach a pic if i can but it is listed

as exactly that by the nissan dealer

Yellow is the better colour, but the MY06 is the better car given that they've got the same lump up front. Do you want it for the way it looks outside, or the way it looks inside? Everything else being equal, that's the real choice you're making.

You want blue go for blue... :thumbs:

I'd look around though and get an 07 if you can afford it B) (bulge hood) if not wait around for GT car 05 that you love to get away from the lower bracket of tax. (its feck all tax that you guys are talking about but hey money is money, can go to mods instead :dance: )

a

There are no Azure 07MY cars as they change to Night Blue with the new model

I'll try and refrain from saying blue.

To be honest, these were the two choices I had about a year ago with mine. The depth of azure blue when fully waxed and polished is amazing and doesn't look too bad if dirty (although when clean it really does stand out).

The thing I would consider is how much attention do you like?

My azure brings a lot of attention to itself (although this will be due to my mods and so on as well). I can only imagine that a yellow zed would bring more. Simple things like parking it up will pretty much always get looks and maybe the odd comment (so far all good ones), although you only have to get one person to ruin it when you're away from it. :(

Will you be parking it in a car parks? If so, the yellow one will draw attention to itself much more than the blue (I'd of thought). It's kind of hard not to see a bright yellow sports car.

Filling it up at the petrol station makes kids point and wave and I even had a bloke come over and start chatting and taking photos of it. This was with a fully polished up Azure. The Yellow will bring more attention.

Then again if its the right attention ("ohh..nice car mate") then all is good (go with the yellow). However yellow may be a big light bulb to unwanted attention (go with the blue).

They are both awesome colours. The yellow is rarer but will attract looks and attention (perfect, if this is what you want - but simple things like parking may start making you paranoid in certain areas). At first lots of attention is fantastic, but it can get tiring when you just want to do simple things like pop into Sainsbury's quickly for a loaf of bread.

Goodluck with your choice! :)

I take all those points on board, don't mind the attention, I'm used to it with the what I drive now so it's not a problem.

I tend to stay away from public car parks where possible anyway.

Interesting that you think the yellow will bring all the attention and that blue won't be as bad, I tend to think they would

both bring attention! But yeah, i take the point that the yellow is more lary

The GT4 is 13.5k, the 06 is 15k

both appear to be immaculate condition.

The GT4 has rear parking sensors, the 06 doesn't.

Both have done same mileage appro 22k

Neither car is modded

If you don't mind attention then go for the yellow. You'll save loads of cash, it's a rarer colour and will probably sell quicker too (presuming you look after it well - I'm sure you will).

Thanks for all the advice, i think i'm leaning back towards UY.

Part of the pull of the azure car was that it was a 2006 and of course

you always want the newest car you can get.

Are the GT4's uk spec only?

A guy is selling what he calls a jap import UY GT4

Is that going to be a jap import painted to look like a genuine GT4

or did they actually make them in japan?

I notice the little boot fin is missing in his pictures

If the UY is a JDM then buy the azure imo................The jdm equivalent of the GT4 didn't come in Yellow so the car will be a standard MY03 zed with the 276 engine and not the 296.

If you posted pics or links to these cars we could have ascertained all this for you in a few seconds..... ;)