If your going to do a snowman... with added igloo!

Husky

OK so im now going to post the build thread for my snow...thing ;) none of this nancy 2 hours, is it a dog is it a cat rubbish (sorry shire ;) ). Thought i better earn my forum name :p

I got home for lunch at 12.30 and tested the snow, I grinned when i realised it was Perfect! hmm i think... so after texting to ask what i should build and thinking the suggested idea of a horse was waaaay to hard i went for... well thats a surprise. So all in this took till about 14:00 before i packed up and rushed back to work (going to have to work extra to make it up, was worth it though :p ).

This is why engineers should never be let loose with fun construction tasks :lol: my whole families the same, you should see our sandcastles. Anyhow, here goes ;)

1. first up need some building blocks! i ended up needing 3 times as much as this :scare:

100111_123415.jpg

2. now to stack them up in the rough shape of the bottom making sure they are all packed in to support it :)

100111_124041.jpg

3. now to stack ontop a bit to get some height

100111_124537.jpg

4. some more stacked up high and the first bit carved out :) ...feet ;)

100111_130503.jpg

5. starting to take shape now with a belly packed in and some hind legs starting to peek out :D

100111_131800.jpg

6. you can just see the start of a wing, and the nose.

100111_132909.jpg

7. some eyes and more of the wing :)

100111_133916.jpg

8. pretty much a full wing and head now, some spines added to the top

100111_134632.jpg

9. the rear claw is in, tail is added

100111_135648.jpg

10. some final touches, some spray paint i had lying around and my baby in the background :)

100111_141231.jpg

11. if your wondering how big it ended up being... as tall as me, heres a shovel to get some perspective

100111_141218.jpg

hope you enjoyed :) i did!! i'm broken now, and starving!!! still not eaten today :lol: i may die.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have WAAAAAAAAYYYY too much time on your hands :lol:

Good effort though

We are talking someone who washes their car under arc lamps, so a bit of snow sculpture in the daytime seems OK, but disappointed he did not build his very own sledge ;)

Thankyou for all the kind comments :D yes its likely i have some kind of mental issue. really i just cant do something unless its done properly :dummy: . I picked up some snow and thought... "hmm you know what would be good"... 1:30 hours later... oops :blush:

btw: its a cat! cant you tell ;)